RIMMEL Volume Accelerator Mascara

Filtered by skin type : Combination age: 30-35
RIMMEL Volume Accelerator Mascara

3.0

on 6/20/2015 6:37:00 PM

Another mascara that went in the trash can after a few uses...didn't really do anything for my lashes but what really made me throw it away was the annoying weird messy brush :(

Lots of mixed reviews but I love it. When you apply it (and the brush is amazing by the way, learn how to use it!) You have to vibrate it back and forth at the base of the lash to build thickness and then pull straight out through your lashes. The wetness is great because you can keep going over and over your lashes without clumping and it dries fast. Note the shape of the brush. The flat side is to build, the big brush side is to comb through.You have to use it correctly. i also like how the tip catches the baby lashes on the lower lids. I don't know why people would not like this mascara.

on 10/9/2011 10:17:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I would say I have a love/hate thing with this mascara, but I don't think I'm even that passionate about it. I grabbed it because it was cheap, and I'd never tried Rimmel mascara. I have to say that I have very long, very thick lashes naturally, and this makes them absolutely *insane*, but it's too finicky for me. The wiper in the tube is insufficient, and the wand comes out overloaded with product, which is an oddly thick liquid. If I'm very careful to wipe the wand against the tube as I pull it out--or if I wipe it off on some tissue--it's great: not clumpy, lengthens and thickens dramatically, feels light, if slightly waxy, on lashes. If the wand isn't tended lovingly, however, it goes on way too heavily and practically turns lashes into one giant uni-lash. The other issue I have with it is removal. Even when applied sparingly, and taken off with an oil-based eye makeup remover, it seems there is *always* some left, especially on lower lashes, unless I rub much more than I'd prefer to. Despite the flaws, I keep going to it, day after day, so I obviously find it passable. I do really like the dramatic results it gives--I just hate all the finickiness. For that reason, i'll finish but will not (likely) repurchase. Also: asymmetrical brush is gimmicky and useless. Flat side always over-applies, fat side is ok.