RIMMEL Volume Accelerator Mascara

Filtered by skin type : Combination
RIMMEL Volume Accelerator Mascara

3.2

on 6/20/2015 6:37:00 PM

Another mascara that went in the trash can after a few uses...didn't really do anything for my lashes but what really made me throw it away was the annoying weird messy brush :(

on 1/7/2015 2:27:00 PM

I was disappointed by this mascara. It says volume accelerator, but if anything the only thing I noticed was a little bit of extra length. It took me three coats to get any noticeable difference from my normal eye lashes. The first coat only made my eye lashes point in random directions. Would not buy again!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I kept this for about 2 weeks before I threw it out. I'm totally into Volume as I require it for my long but not too thick lashes. I coated and coated and coated and just got an "ok" result.
I also did not feel that my eye lashes were healthy or nourished at all. In fact they were very dry and brittle feeling and I loathe that in a mascara. I was not a big fan of the price too being at $11.30. I certainly do not mind paying if something is worth it, but my $7 Maybelline Colossal or One by One (list goes on for Maybelline mascaras as I love them for most part) prove that price is not everything. Like the Lash Accelerator (Original) the smell was just awful and toxic too after being opened for just a couple of weeks. I actually got more volume from their Endless Accelerator then I ever did in the one week I tried with this Volume kind therefore I will not re-purchase this. I think Revlon Grow Luscious or Lash Potion, which is around the same price up here in Toronto is worth the $$. Maybe others had better luck.

on 8/23/2013 3:40:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I was on a hunt for a good mascara and this caught my eye, the packaging is really cute though a little chunky.the brush that I got seems to be very different from the ones from these reviews, the brush I got wasn't round on one side and flat on the other like most say, mine was similiar to the Maybelline volum express the colossal brush except that it was a bit longer. I do still like the brush I prefer bigger spools, and this separated quite nicely. the reason for the low rating is coz the formula stings like a mutha! it is terrible, the tiniest bit in your eye is exruciating and I dont even have sensitive eyes. I got mine from Edgars btw (I live in South Africa) incase your thinking I got a fake or something. also I didnt get much length or volume from this. not very happy with this product at all.

For probably the last 6 years, I have exclusively used mascaras with those spiky, rubbery wands like Covergirl LashBlast and Maybelline The Rocket. I always felt like traditional wands didn't separate my lashes enough or build enough volume. Enter Rimmel Volume Accelerator, which I originally bought as a base to layer underneath my Maybelline The Rocket. I find this product to be almost IDENTICAL to DiorShow Mascara, but I honestly prefer the Rimmel version! If you like thick, dramatic, black lashes this is it for you. It has really great staying power and I never notice any annoying clumps or flakes falling down. I don't know that I've noticed any extra thickness to my lashes as its marketed, but they for sure feel softer and more flexible when I wash my makeup off at night, so that's a bonus! Love, love, love this product and I am definitely converted from my old HGs!

I like this ok. It's better than others I've tried at the drugstore (Revlon, L'Oreal Million Lashes Waterproof)... I'd say this is one of the better ones (easy to get off, didn't give me racoon eyes) -- but I'm not totally sold.

I'm going to try the other Accelerator version.

Lots of mixed reviews but I love it. When you apply it (and the brush is amazing by the way, learn how to use it!) You have to vibrate it back and forth at the base of the lash to build thickness and then pull straight out through your lashes. The wetness is great because you can keep going over and over your lashes without clumping and it dries fast. Note the shape of the brush. The flat side is to build, the big brush side is to comb through.You have to use it correctly. i also like how the tip catches the baby lashes on the lower lids. I don't know why people would not like this mascara.

on 12/17/2012 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Not a very voluminous mascara, and you can forget about the length. This ruins the curl of my lashes and weighs it down, and easy to get on my lids. What attracted me to buying it initially was the brush, I love the brush for my almond eyes. Wish I could use it with a different mascara formula.

on 10/16/2012 7:13:00 PM

LOVVVEEEE this mascara! This is absolutely my HG mascara. I've tried a whole lot of mascaras and i always go back to this one and wonder why i decided to try something else in the first place. This mascara gives me lots of length, volume, very lush and dark looking lashes. It also hold my curl, I dont use a lash curler. I am Asian, so needless to say, my lashes aren't very thick or long, but this mascara makes my lashes look gorgeous. You can use a few coats for a more natural look, or more coats for a very dramatic look. The formula is on the wetter side, so it doesn't clump, but it isnt watery to the point that you need to spend a lot of time to build good volume. This one works way better than the original one. Scandal Eyes Flex is also a great Rimmel mascara, the formula is a little thicker, but the wand is way too big for the shape of my eyes. This one is a better fit for Asian eyes

on 10/4/2012 11:21:00 AM

I love this stuff! I can definitely notice a difference that my lashes look fuller. Whether or not it permanently does it, probably not. But either way, I love the look of this. The brush isn't bad so don't believe other reviews that it's the most horrible thing on earth. The brush helps the the little lashes that are hard to reach like in the corners of your eyes. I love to curl my lashes first, then apply this. It makes my eyes look wide open and full! I will definitely buy this again.