RIMMEL Volume Accelerator Mascara

Filtered by skin type : Normal
RIMMEL Volume Accelerator Mascara

3.3

on 8/30/2014 11:58:00 AM

Many people seem to not like this mascara, but I love it!

Personally, I feel like the wand combined with the product does create a LOT of extra formula.
To manage this, I simply scrape off the extra mascara and what is left applies very well to my lashes with no difficulty.

I would suggest not starting TOO far at the base of your lashes with this wand because it can rub in your eye if you arent careful. You also need to pay attention to where the brush is, as I feel it is a fairly long wand, because one part of the brush you aren't using may cause application to be messy.
After I apply around 1 and a half coats to my eyelashes, I use either an eyelash comb or a clean mascara wand to help seperate and neaten up any minor clumps or eyelashes that stuck together.

When applied correctly, my eyelashes get a really nice shape from this mascara. The look I end up getting makes me happy. The lashes look longer, healthier, and more natural without that "spidery" appearence. Combing through after appliction is something I strongly recommend, as it helps give each eyelash hair its own place around your eye, boosting volume.

I feel the people who are getting so many clumps perhaps dont scrape off the extra formula, dont comb through their lashes afterwards, or are trying to put too many coats on.

The color of this mascara is great. I got it in Black instead of Extreme Black and I don't think it even matters. People have complimented how long, dark and pretty it makes my eyelashes look.

The formula itself is great. I think the major flaw in its design is the wand, because it locks in a lot of product when first taken out, as well as stubbornly holding onto some on the tip even after scraping.

However, overall, I've had good luck with this product and I would definitely repurchase this again.
Hope this review helped somebody!

Worst mascara I have ever bought hands down!
It has an incredible wet formula , after I applied it, I thought it would never dry.
I have small lashes so a mascara is the most important makeup item for me ; after I applied it it just made my eyelashes into a big, clumpy one .

on 2/21/2014 6:40:00 PM

Oh My .... this is a clumpy nightmare mess that will have to go straight to the trash. I only wish I never bought it. Not only does it clump in application it flakes all over your face as the day progresses. It clumps in such a way that it will get smudged on your face inevitably as you try to unclog a clump in your lashes. Awful Awful Awful waist of a 10 spot.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I absolutely love this mascara. I have bought this mascara over and over again, and will definitely keep repurchasing it. I have long lashes as it is, so I definitely do not need length. I do pile on about four different mascaras before using this one as my final charm. I start off with lash perfection from Covergirl in blackest black, L'oreal Original Voluminous in blackest black, Maybelline Falsies in blackest black, and last but not least, Rimmel Volume Accelerator. I never use mascaras alone, so maybe I can't give a true review of this product. But, it does exactly what it says. With all these mascaras combined, my lashes look great; but when I add my Rimmel mascara as the 5th and final coat, my lashes look like falsies; and I personally love that look. It's a great formula, and is a true black color. I only use it on my top lashes, and use a smaller brush to coat my bottom lashes. I accidentally bought the Rimmel Lash Accelerator by accident one time.. DO NOT buy that mascara, truly a piece of crap... but this one.. is a MUST try.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Let me start by saying this mascara smudges and that is the only reason I wouldn't buy it again. The brush is awesome. It looks strange but it's extremely effective. It was great for reaching my lower lashes and the fine lashes towards the corner of my eyes without getting all over my lids. What really impressed me was how well it volumized, separated and defined the really fine lashes that usually get clumped together with my larger lashes when I use most mascaras. It really made me look like I had more lashes. It wasn't thick or clumpy and it didn't flake off either. Unfortunately, like I said, this smudges. Badly. After about 3 hours I noticed black rings forming around my eyes. I've tried using different primers and shadow bases to avoid this but no luck so far. I have deep set eyes and always have issues with this so if our eyes are not deep set this may not happen to you. It also is not waterproof which is a must for me since I wear contacts. If this came in a waterproof formula I'd try it again.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I can't sing enough praises. This mascara is the best I've ever used in my life. The only time I deviate away from it is when I am willing to experiment with other mascaras.
This mascara glides on easily and is prone to be very thick, so that might be a little intimidating to beginners. If you have a quick hand, or consider yourself alright with application, I recommend this mascara. There are very few clumps and it dries quickly, almost always without issue (including smears and uneven gaps on your eyelashes). But, perhaps the best thing about this mascara, is its ability to transform your eyelashes from thin to thick in as little as thirty seconds, and with minimal product. Granted, I naturally have very long eyelashes, but I guarantee that this product will work for ANYONE, provided your eyelashes are properly curled and primed. And your eyelashes feel wonderfully light afterwards, unlike many mascaras, which can weigh eyelashes down.
Another great thing about this product is its longevity. I've used the same wand for upwards of six months, and the product has retained its strength and consistency without drying up. Price is good. The wand is also easy to manage (I prefer larger spools).
Overall, I recommend this product for anyone willing to try it! You won't regret it!

on 7/15/2012 4:13:00 PM

I really love this mascara!! it provides volume and length and is really well priced!! It doesnt give you clumpy or spidery lashes and is the perfect consistency with a good wand!!

on 5/15/2012 12:25:00 PM

THIS IS THE BEST MASCARA EVER!!!!!I don't know why everybody seems to have something negative to say about it. It is true that at first it does clump a bit and can be hard to get on, but after using it for a week or so it doesn't do it any more. What people don't seem to get is that part of the point of this mascara is to help your eylashes grow longer and fuller. When that starts to happen (usually within a week or so) it no longer clumps and looks great. As a result of my OCD I pulled out a lot of my lashes and it looked horrible. I finally stoped and they grew back but not as long or thick as they had been before. Not only does it make them look longer and fuller with it on, but ever since I started using this my eyelashes have become longer and fuller without it. At this point I can actually see like 10 new eyelashes on each side coming in. It is the best feeling ever. I keep getting told how amazing they look and what I've been using on them. I also LOVE the shape of the wand. I makes it so easy to apply it on every lash. It also makes it so that you can put more on the outside lashes to get that winged flare or you can put the most on in the middle and make your eyes look so much bigger. I know that some people don't seem to get why one side is flat but it is actually a really good think. This makes it so that the brush can be big enough ti give you that volume and length, but still small enough that you can manuver it and not have it cover your whole eye. Though it clumps at first (I recomend scraping as much off as you can while pulling it out of the tube) and you may have to redo it a few times before you figure out the right way to use it, once you get the hang of it this mascara is the best ever!!!! I would totally buy it again. I recomend you at least try it for at least a week. It isn't one of the really expensive mascara's so it's worth a shot. PLEASE try it:):):)

on 4/25/2012 10:53:00 PM

Best mascara ever! Makes my lashes look long and thick, no smudges, and comes off clean! A little pricey, but totally worth it because it works!

Skin: Normal, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I just purchased this recently and I have to say I am loving this product so far. I have normal lashes - nothing to write home about. They aren't curly or super long but they are not super short either. Mascara is something I like to wear everyday, so I have tried quite a few mascaras. Normally I pair two different mascaras together to give my lashes the most volume and length that I can achieve with two separate products. But this is the first mascara I can use alone and it gives me volume, length and even a bit of lift. I got this at CVS buy one get one 1/2 off so it wasn't too pricey. I would definitely buy this again.