Rimmel Volume Accelerator Mascara

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Rimmel Volume Accelerator Mascara

3.0

on 6/2/2015 5:07:00 AM

As whole it is a very good mascara and I bought multiple tubes after buying mine in a cheap sale. However, I have used better in terms of volumising. I loved it because of the length and it doesn't tend to clump after a few coats, coming from someone who has long and thick lashes its hard to find a mascara that doesn't clump after a second coat, but this one doesnt! So overall a GREAT mascara but not the best volumising mascara.

on 4/5/2014 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I quite like this, but it's not on my top 3 favorites..

on 2/21/2014 6:40:00 PM

Oh My .... this is a clumpy nightmare mess that will have to go straight to the trash. I only wish I never bought it. Not only does it clump in application it flakes all over your face as the day progresses. It clumps in such a way that it will get smudged on your face inevitably as you try to unclog a clump in your lashes. Awful Awful Awful waist of a 10 spot.

on 11/7/2013 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Good GRIEF! Where do I even start? The ONLY reason I am still using this mascara is to see if it really is effective in building last volume over time. Although, based on most of the reviews I've read and seen from blog posts, YouTube, etc., I am not holding out much hope for that. However, I am hoping that "results will vary" and that I will have some luck with that. Again, not holding my breath while I wait. Ok, now.. on to the actual review part of this product - and I cannot stress this point enough... if you do not like wet mascaras, DO NOT... I REPEAT... DO NOT buy this mascara!! This is BY FAR *THE* WETTEST mascara that I have EVER used in my entire life (which is 30 years, I might add). I mean.... HOLY WETNESS! :-O It is SO wet that I have actually had a GLOP of mascara fall out on to my pants while pulling the mascara wand out. It's insane!! I have NEVER had that happen with ANY mascara ever before. Also, there is soooo much wet product that when I pull the wand out of the tube, there is actually gloopy mascara HANGING from the wand - literally. And sooo much goopy, wet mascara build up on the top and bottom of the brush. I mean - I just can't take it. And because it's SO incredibly wet, it clumps like MAD! I get mascara ALL over the tops of my eyes, above the lashline and all over the under part of my eyes. It's just HORRIBLE! The ONLY thing I like about this mascara is the LOOKS of the packaging. It's in a very "thick" tube - looks like a regular tube of mascara is encased in a clear, see through, thicker tube. Very cool! Other than that though, there is absolutely NOTHING that I like about this mascara. Rimmel - TONE DOWN THE WETNESS! I mean, it's just insane!! Needless to say, unless this product somehow "magically" gives me super thick lashes and helps my lashes have more volume over time (the more I use it) I will NOT be repurchasing this mascara!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Let me start by saying this mascara smudges and that is the only reason I wouldn't buy it again. The brush is awesome. It looks strange but it's extremely effective. It was great for reaching my lower lashes and the fine lashes towards the corner of my eyes without getting all over my lids. What really impressed me was how well it volumized, separated and defined the really fine lashes that usually get clumped together with my larger lashes when I use most mascaras. It really made me look like I had more lashes. It wasn't thick or clumpy and it didn't flake off either. Unfortunately, like I said, this smudges. Badly. After about 3 hours I noticed black rings forming around my eyes. I've tried using different primers and shadow bases to avoid this but no luck so far. I have deep set eyes and always have issues with this so if our eyes are not deep set this may not happen to you. It also is not waterproof which is a must for me since I wear contacts. If this came in a waterproof formula I'd try it again.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I can't sing enough praises. This mascara is the best I've ever used in my life. The only time I deviate away from it is when I am willing to experiment with other mascaras.
This mascara glides on easily and is prone to be very thick, so that might be a little intimidating to beginners. If you have a quick hand, or consider yourself alright with application, I recommend this mascara. There are very few clumps and it dries quickly, almost always without issue (including smears and uneven gaps on your eyelashes). But, perhaps the best thing about this mascara, is its ability to transform your eyelashes from thin to thick in as little as thirty seconds, and with minimal product. Granted, I naturally have very long eyelashes, but I guarantee that this product will work for ANYONE, provided your eyelashes are properly curled and primed. And your eyelashes feel wonderfully light afterwards, unlike many mascaras, which can weigh eyelashes down.
Another great thing about this product is its longevity. I've used the same wand for upwards of six months, and the product has retained its strength and consistency without drying up. Price is good. The wand is also easy to manage (I prefer larger spools).
Overall, I recommend this product for anyone willing to try it! You won't regret it!

on 10/16/2012 7:13:00 PM

LOVVVEEEE this mascara! This is absolutely my HG mascara. I've tried a whole lot of mascaras and i always go back to this one and wonder why i decided to try something else in the first place. This mascara gives me lots of length, volume, very lush and dark looking lashes. It also hold my curl, I dont use a lash curler. I am Asian, so needless to say, my lashes aren't very thick or long, but this mascara makes my lashes look gorgeous. You can use a few coats for a more natural look, or more coats for a very dramatic look. The formula is on the wetter side, so it doesn't clump, but it isnt watery to the point that you need to spend a lot of time to build good volume. This one works way better than the original one. Scandal Eyes Flex is also a great Rimmel mascara, the formula is a little thicker, but the wand is way too big for the shape of my eyes. This one is a better fit for Asian eyes

on 10/4/2012 11:21:00 AM

I love this stuff! I can definitely notice a difference that my lashes look fuller. Whether or not it permanently does it, probably not. But either way, I love the look of this. The brush isn't bad so don't believe other reviews that it's the most horrible thing on earth. The brush helps the the little lashes that are hard to reach like in the corners of your eyes. I love to curl my lashes first, then apply this. It makes my eyes look wide open and full! I will definitely buy this again.

First, this claims to have an ingredient that will actually cause you to grow more lashes. I'm calling shenanigans on that. Maybe it does include the ingredient, but there's no way there's enough to affect growth, especially when applied as a mascara (do YOU glob huge amounts of mascara right on your lash follicles? no, me either). So I wasn't actually expecting the lash-growth effect.

I did expect a decent volumizing mascara, though, and this isn't one. It's very thin and watery (even after several weeks' use). And the brush is bizarre -- one flat side and one EXTREMELY curved side. I find it tough to use.

This has gone into my emergency travel bag, because at least it's very easy to remove (no need to pack remover).

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love the packaging of Rimmel Volume Accelerator! It's so pretty looking, and I would love carrying it around in my bag. But I don't use it. I've tried, but it just does nothing. I have pretty long and decently thick lashes already, but they don't stand out too much, so obviously I like to use mascaras on them. This just doesn't cut it. The formula is watery, as most rimmel mascara formulas are. The brush is awkward and hard to use, and it doesn't grab onto my lashes. It does nothing except clump and make them look flakey. However, on rare occasions, it decides to work. And it looks amazing. And that's why I keep it around. Would I repurchase? No, but it's a decent mascara. Just too watery. When it dries out, I think I'll like it better.

Popular Mascaras