Rimmel Volume Accelerator Mascara

Filtered by skin tone : Other
Rimmel Volume Accelerator Mascara

3.0

on 9/5/2015 6:55:00 PM

I bought three mascaras in Rimmel's lash accelerator line. This review is for the Volume Accelerator. It's my least favorite of the three. The tube and wand are big and bulky, which makes it difficult to apply the mascara. It's also quite clumpy. Even if you run the wand along the inner rim of the tube, it still seems gunky and is messy to apply. The size of the wand makes it difficult to apply mascara to those smaller lashes. The other mascaras within the same line are easier to apply.

Imo, Rimmel mascara and liner products are really great value for money. There are more expensive ones out there that aren't as good as Rimmel's stuff.
This product will lengthen your lashes (when you put it on, that is; I can't say it definitely lengthens your lashes permanently as the product promises) and it won't smudge AT ALL, even on hot summer days! When you put it on, you can tell you have mascara on, so that means it does its job. It's really good at lengthening.

A lot of people say the mascara is really watery; that didn't bother me, and if anything, I think it probably stops it being flaky and clumpy.

However, the reason I gave it 4 stars is that there's another side to the blade; when you put it on, people can tell you have mascara on. The formula is a little on the heavy and thick side, and it's very obvious you have mascara on...I know some people will be like, "Isn't that the point?", but I personally think a perfect mascara will lengthen and make your lashes look amazing, while looking natural and fooling people into thinking that it's your own. Also, because it's heavy, I find that my lashes need another clamp of my lash curler after I put it on, but that might be because my lashes are super stubborn and thick and grow downwards. However, after another clamp at the roots, they stay up.

Comment on the brush: I personally like the shape. Use the curved side to put it on. Wiggle at the root of your lashes and pull out straight up, following through with the rest of your lashes.
Comment on washing it off: I didn't have a problem washing mine off; I just used a regular eye makeup remover and it was gone!

TLDR: Great value for money, does its job in lengthening dramatically when you put it on, and doesn't smudge or flake! However, doesn't look that natural. If you can't spend more than $20 on mascara, try this one, as it sells for less than $10.