Rimmel Volume Accelerator Mascara

Filtered by age: 25-29
Rimmel Volume Accelerator Mascara

3.1

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Too runny. Doesn't volumize, doesn't lengthen. And leaves mascara marks on my eyelids and cheeks. Won't buy again.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I received this product for free, but it is available at Walmart for $7.97. Luckily for me, I didn't have to waste money on this product. I prefer a fuller brush and this brush is like a large spiral. The mascara itself is very stringy. After applying it to my lashes, it left the tips with extra strings of mascara and didn't nothing to build my lashes and rather than make them full, it made them look sparse. Just awful.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I absolutely love this mascara. I have bought this mascara over and over again, and will definitely keep repurchasing it. I have long lashes as it is, so I definitely do not need length. I do pile on about four different mascaras before using this one as my final charm. I start off with lash perfection from Covergirl in blackest black, L'oreal Original Voluminous in blackest black, Maybelline Falsies in blackest black, and last but not least, Rimmel Volume Accelerator. I never use mascaras alone, so maybe I can't give a true review of this product. But, it does exactly what it says. With all these mascaras combined, my lashes look great; but when I add my Rimmel mascara as the 5th and final coat, my lashes look like falsies; and I personally love that look. It's a great formula, and is a true black color. I only use it on my top lashes, and use a smaller brush to coat my bottom lashes. I accidentally bought the Rimmel Lash Accelerator by accident one time.. DO NOT buy that mascara, truly a piece of crap... but this one.. is a MUST try.

I was a huge fan of Bare Escentuals Volumizing mascara but for 18$ and change it was too much. I've been wearing this for over 3 months now and I'd have to say I'm converted. The packaging is easy and the wand brush is almost as big as BE. It is tapered at the end but width of the brush is close to BE. With a little maneuvering of the wand I can get the same look for half the cost.
If this tube can last me 6 months like my BE would then I'd give it a five!

on 7/26/2012 3:54:00 PM

The first times I used it seemed like nothing special, but the more I used it, the more I liked it. It's a great everyday mascara, it adds length, but not so much volume. It doesn't clump, it doesn't smudge on me, it doesn't transfer. The thin brush makes it easy to apply on both top and bottom lashes.
As far as the good proprieties it has for your lashes, I still haven't seen results, but I've only been using it on-off for a few weeks.
It's a good mascara to have around for natural looking lashes.

My first day wearing this mascara and so far so good. It reminded me a maybelline full and soft mascara. It gives me feathery lashes thanks to its small brush. Perfect for bottom lashes. And I have been wearing it for six hours and there is no flaking. It is a bit expensive for drugstore at nine dollars. Maybelline full and soft is still my number one though. This one is more difficult to remove and I find dries out my lashes.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Good overall mascara. Does the lash boosting complex work? It does, but it gives more length than it does volume. I would of prefered more volume as that's what the product promises but for sure you'll notice a difference in growth. The brush is nice in that it's big but still has a tapered end for hard to reach places. The formula is ok but tends to get a little clumpy after you've used it for a while. I don't find that the formula smudges easily but do not allow contact with water. Crying will make it run like crazy!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

makes your lashes longer but dont add any volume to the lashes .

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Not sure why there's so much hate on this product.... i don't have a ton of good things to say about it but i felt like i had to come on here and write a review saying it's NOT THAT BAD AT ALL.

i've used this for a few days now so i also can't review the lash-growing claims of this product, but i actually think it might do a little something for that. my lashes so seem a bit longer than before, although i can't say they've gotten any thicker.

the product isn't bad! i sort of like it, but it's true that it's not the best mascara out there. the brush is a horror......i still cannot figure out how i should use it. they sliced off the bristles on one side of the brush....i'm not sure why but it's awful because sometimes i'll accidently use that side and ugh it just gets annoying. if you maneuver the brush well though, it can give you some nice results. it's a little on the clumpy side...but it's easy to fix and a little clump is sometimes good for me because i have some thin lashes. i really do like the results it gives me because my lashes look a lot more noticeable and a lot bigger and darker than the other mascaras i use.

the clump isn't the best...the brush is awful.....but the reason why i will never buy this product again is because of the price. i paid almost $9 for this product....and i'm hoping that price reflects it's lash-growing properties so it better make my lashes fuller.....but because it's an overall average mascara for a price that's on the higher side....i won't be buying it again. it's worth a try maybe but if you're saving money, don't buy this. i've used some fantastic mascaras that are unadvertised and are way cheap compared to this, and i know i'll be returning to those mascaras once this runs dry.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've only worn this about 6 times so I'm not going to review the claims growing thicker lashes. I don't believe it will, otherwise Latisse wouldn't be needed or a prescription only product.

I like how it makes my lashes look. Decent length and nice volume. My lashes are longer and thick that most mascara look okay though. I like how the formula is a little runnier, it helps build the volume. But the runnier formula also means you have to take your time or it will be messy. I wish the bulb part of the wand wasn't so exaggerated. If it was a little bit smaller it would be really nice. I considered returning this, but I haven''t. I won't repurchase it again though. I like it enough to use it up but the wand is a little too much for my taste. Make the wand a bit smaller and bring the price down by a few dollars and I think I'd think about maybe buying it again :)