Rimmel Volume Accelerator Mascara

Filtered by age: 19-24
Rimmel Volume Accelerator Mascara

3.1

on 1/7/2015 2:27:00 PM

I was disappointed by this mascara. It says volume accelerator, but if anything the only thing I noticed was a little bit of extra length. It took me three coats to get any noticeable difference from my normal eye lashes. The first coat only made my eye lashes point in random directions. Would not buy again!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Still my favorite mascara to date. Love the volume and lengthening it gives, plus it doesn't clump very much and doesn't flake either. The only thing I don't like about this brand is that it doesn't come in waterproof! Rimmel has waterproof mascara in almost all of the other mascaras it makes, why not this one? I don't get it. I look for it every time I go to the store and there never is one, it makes me so sad. I love waterproof mascaras and if they had one for Volume Accelerator, I would probably never buy another mascara again. Seriously.

Worst mascara I have ever bought hands down!
It has an incredible wet formula , after I applied it, I thought it would never dry.
I have small lashes so a mascara is the most important makeup item for me ; after I applied it it just made my eyelashes into a big, clumpy one .

on 4/5/2014 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I quite like this, but it's not on my top 3 favorites..

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hey everyone!!Overall I like the mascara and would repurchase maybe one day in future however I would probably want to experiment with other brands first. It gives good volume and length but I just hate that it is so easy to get excess product on eyelids and smears easily if you cry or rub your eyes. I have to be careful when applying to avoid it getting in my eyes/contacts because a lot of product comes out easily. I have been using for about 3 weeks. A tip I would recommend is applying a little dab of olive oil on lashes before applying for a even more dramatic longer lash effect. Imma work with this mascara for a few more months then consider switching when it runs out. Also make sure you clean off on lids at night esp lower lids before bedtime because I have noticed it causing wrinkles in the morning from sleeping in it. Rub some oil underneath eyes as well to prevent that from happening.

good mascara.

on 8/23/2013 3:40:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I was on a hunt for a good mascara and this caught my eye, the packaging is really cute though a little chunky.the brush that I got seems to be very different from the ones from these reviews, the brush I got wasn't round on one side and flat on the other like most say, mine was similiar to the Maybelline volum express the colossal brush except that it was a bit longer. I do still like the brush I prefer bigger spools, and this separated quite nicely. the reason for the low rating is coz the formula stings like a mutha! it is terrible, the tiniest bit in your eye is exruciating and I dont even have sensitive eyes. I got mine from Edgars btw (I live in South Africa) incase your thinking I got a fake or something. also I didnt get much length or volume from this. not very happy with this product at all.

Imo, Rimmel mascara and liner products are really great value for money. There are more expensive ones out there that aren't as good as Rimmel's stuff.
This product will lengthen your lashes (when you put it on, that is; I can't say it definitely lengthens your lashes permanently as the product promises) and it won't smudge AT ALL, even on hot summer days! When you put it on, you can tell you have mascara on, so that means it does its job. It's really good at lengthening.

A lot of people say the mascara is really watery; that didn't bother me, and if anything, I think it probably stops it being flaky and clumpy.

However, the reason I gave it 4 stars is that there's another side to the blade; when you put it on, people can tell you have mascara on. The formula is a little on the heavy and thick side, and it's very obvious you have mascara on...I know some people will be like, "Isn't that the point?", but I personally think a perfect mascara will lengthen and make your lashes look amazing, while looking natural and fooling people into thinking that it's your own. Also, because it's heavy, I find that my lashes need another clamp of my lash curler after I put it on, but that might be because my lashes are super stubborn and thick and grow downwards. However, after another clamp at the roots, they stay up.

Comment on the brush: I personally like the shape. Use the curved side to put it on. Wiggle at the root of your lashes and pull out straight up, following through with the rest of your lashes.
Comment on washing it off: I didn't have a problem washing mine off; I just used a regular eye makeup remover and it was gone!

TLDR: Great value for money, does its job in lengthening dramatically when you put it on, and doesn't smudge or flake! However, doesn't look that natural. If you can't spend more than $20 on mascara, try this one, as it sells for less than $10.

on 12/17/2012 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Not a very voluminous mascara, and you can forget about the length. This ruins the curl of my lashes and weighs it down, and easy to get on my lids. What attracted me to buying it initially was the brush, I love the brush for my almond eyes. Wish I could use it with a different mascara formula.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

It's a decent mascara, but for me it would clump a bit and would travel onto my skin after a couple of hours. Would not re-purchase.

Popular Mascaras