Rimmel Volume Accelerator Mascara

Rimmel Volume Accelerator Mascara

3.7

on 7/23/2015 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm pretty surprised by all of the negative reviews. I actually really like this mascara! It makes my lashes look thicker, darker, and longer. My only complaint is the brush because it can get kind of sloppy, but if you're careful this shouldn't be a problem. I do a coat or two of this and follow up with Maybelline Mega Plush mascara (which is my all-time favorite mascara; if I'm out of The Accelerator then my lashes look just as good with simply the Mega Plush). I like this mascara but it needs another coat of something else to comb through it. I'll likely repurchase.

on 6/2/2015 5:07:00 AM

As whole it is a very good mascara and I bought multiple tubes after buying mine in a cheap sale. However, I have used better in terms of volumising. I loved it because of the length and it doesn't tend to clump after a few coats, coming from someone who has long and thick lashes its hard to find a mascara that doesn't clump after a second coat, but this one doesnt! So overall a GREAT mascara but not the best volumising mascara.

on 8/30/2014 11:58:00 AM

Many people seem to not like this mascara, but I love it!

Personally, I feel like the wand combined with the product does create a LOT of extra formula.
To manage this, I simply scrape off the extra mascara and what is left applies very well to my lashes with no difficulty.

I would suggest not starting TOO far at the base of your lashes with this wand because it can rub in your eye if you arent careful. You also need to pay attention to where the brush is, as I feel it is a fairly long wand, because one part of the brush you aren't using may cause application to be messy.
After I apply around 1 and a half coats to my eyelashes, I use either an eyelash comb or a clean mascara wand to help seperate and neaten up any minor clumps or eyelashes that stuck together.

When applied correctly, my eyelashes get a really nice shape from this mascara. The look I end up getting makes me happy. The lashes look longer, healthier, and more natural without that "spidery" appearence. Combing through after appliction is something I strongly recommend, as it helps give each eyelash hair its own place around your eye, boosting volume.

I feel the people who are getting so many clumps perhaps dont scrape off the extra formula, dont comb through their lashes afterwards, or are trying to put too many coats on.

The color of this mascara is great. I got it in Black instead of Extreme Black and I don't think it even matters. People have complimented how long, dark and pretty it makes my eyelashes look.

The formula itself is great. I think the major flaw in its design is the wand, because it locks in a lot of product when first taken out, as well as stubbornly holding onto some on the tip even after scraping.

However, overall, I've had good luck with this product and I would definitely repurchase this again.
Hope this review helped somebody!

For probably the last 6 years, I have exclusively used mascaras with those spiky, rubbery wands like Covergirl LashBlast and Maybelline The Rocket. I always felt like traditional wands didn't separate my lashes enough or build enough volume. Enter Rimmel Volume Accelerator, which I originally bought as a base to layer underneath my Maybelline The Rocket. I find this product to be almost IDENTICAL to DiorShow Mascara, but I honestly prefer the Rimmel version! If you like thick, dramatic, black lashes this is it for you. It has really great staying power and I never notice any annoying clumps or flakes falling down. I don't know that I've noticed any extra thickness to my lashes as its marketed, but they for sure feel softer and more flexible when I wash my makeup off at night, so that's a bonus! Love, love, love this product and I am definitely converted from my old HGs!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I can't sing enough praises. This mascara is the best I've ever used in my life. The only time I deviate away from it is when I am willing to experiment with other mascaras.
This mascara glides on easily and is prone to be very thick, so that might be a little intimidating to beginners. If you have a quick hand, or consider yourself alright with application, I recommend this mascara. There are very few clumps and it dries quickly, almost always without issue (including smears and uneven gaps on your eyelashes). But, perhaps the best thing about this mascara, is its ability to transform your eyelashes from thin to thick in as little as thirty seconds, and with minimal product. Granted, I naturally have very long eyelashes, but I guarantee that this product will work for ANYONE, provided your eyelashes are properly curled and primed. And your eyelashes feel wonderfully light afterwards, unlike many mascaras, which can weigh eyelashes down.
Another great thing about this product is its longevity. I've used the same wand for upwards of six months, and the product has retained its strength and consistency without drying up. Price is good. The wand is also easy to manage (I prefer larger spools).
Overall, I recommend this product for anyone willing to try it! You won't regret it!

on 12/23/2012 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This stuff is bullcrap... It doesn't make my lashes any longer, just clumps. It does nothing or my bottom lashes either... And if there is just one drop of water on my lashes the entire mascara on my eyes comes off.. Ugh

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love the packaging of Rimmel Volume Accelerator! It's so pretty looking, and I would love carrying it around in my bag. But I don't use it. I've tried, but it just does nothing. I have pretty long and decently thick lashes already, but they don't stand out too much, so obviously I like to use mascaras on them. This just doesn't cut it. The formula is watery, as most rimmel mascara formulas are. The brush is awkward and hard to use, and it doesn't grab onto my lashes. It does nothing except clump and make them look flakey. However, on rare occasions, it decides to work. And it looks amazing. And that's why I keep it around. Would I repurchase? No, but it's a decent mascara. Just too watery. When it dries out, I think I'll like it better.

on 7/15/2012 4:13:00 PM

I really love this mascara!! it provides volume and length and is really well priced!! It doesnt give you clumpy or spidery lashes and is the perfect consistency with a good wand!!

on 7/10/2012 9:21:00 AM

Ufff, hard one. I'd like to begin by saying that this didn't work out for ME. But I can easily imagine this mascara being a top-ten product for someone with thick, voluminous and long lashes. As you might have guessed I am none of the above. Therefore, this was messy to work with, clumped my lashes like crazy and flaked. Plus I hate the wand. I'm genuinly sorry for not being able to some upwith a more useful review but it was a dissapiontment for me and what dou we say about those?

on 5/15/2012 12:25:00 PM

THIS IS THE BEST MASCARA EVER!!!!!I don't know why everybody seems to have something negative to say about it. It is true that at first it does clump a bit and can be hard to get on, but after using it for a week or so it doesn't do it any more. What people don't seem to get is that part of the point of this mascara is to help your eylashes grow longer and fuller. When that starts to happen (usually within a week or so) it no longer clumps and looks great. As a result of my OCD I pulled out a lot of my lashes and it looked horrible. I finally stoped and they grew back but not as long or thick as they had been before. Not only does it make them look longer and fuller with it on, but ever since I started using this my eyelashes have become longer and fuller without it. At this point I can actually see like 10 new eyelashes on each side coming in. It is the best feeling ever. I keep getting told how amazing they look and what I've been using on them. I also LOVE the shape of the wand. I makes it so easy to apply it on every lash. It also makes it so that you can put more on the outside lashes to get that winged flare or you can put the most on in the middle and make your eyes look so much bigger. I know that some people don't seem to get why one side is flat but it is actually a really good think. This makes it so that the brush can be big enough ti give you that volume and length, but still small enough that you can manuver it and not have it cover your whole eye. Though it clumps at first (I recomend scraping as much off as you can while pulling it out of the tube) and you may have to redo it a few times before you figure out the right way to use it, once you get the hang of it this mascara is the best ever!!!! I would totally buy it again. I recomend you at least try it for at least a week. It isn't one of the really expensive mascara's so it's worth a shot. PLEASE try it:):):)

Popular Mascaras