BeneFit Cosmetics Watt's Up!

BeneFit Cosmetics Watt's Up!
image 1image 2image 3image 4

4.1

HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE, MICA, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, POLYETHYLENE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), SOYBEAN GLYCERIDES, SILICA, DIMETHICONE, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, BUTYROSPERMIUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER) UNSAPONIFIABLES, IRON OXIDES (CI 77492), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491), IRON OXIDES (77499), LECITHIN, TOCOPHEROL, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, GLYCERYL STEARATE, GLYCERYL OLEATE, CITRIC ACID.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This highlighter is really beautiful whether I'm doing a full face of foundation, contour and highlighting or just on bare skin to add a healthy glow, it looks great, you can hardly see makeup just a glowing look. My only complaint about it is the stupid packaging. It comes with a blending pad on one end that I find is too small and really just wipes off the product. I just use my fingers to blend it and the cap on the product does not stay on, it does not click down firmly. The blender end and the fancy jewel look cap just add weight that I really don't need and for the price of this product, the cap should effectively protect the product and be able survive being on my bathroom counter, I'm really not that rough. I expect more from a premium product and I am old enough not to need my make up to look like something that it is not. Please fix the packaging.

on 4/26/2016 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I found this to be a really bad product. First of all I have tan skin (Indian NC45) and it did not show up very well - just a slight shimmer which wasn't what I hoped for as I wanted an all-out highlighter. I also found that it would absorb and melt into my skin very quickly and on the one occassion that I took it out with me, I had to reapply it 3 times during the day giving it several strokes for it to show up. For the price it definitely didn't live up to expectations. I will be going for the NARS Illuminator in Copacabana next!

To Read all 245 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/22/2016 4:21:00 PM

This is such a beautiful natural dewy looking highlights it's not at all shimmery like other powder highlights which I don't really like about powders but this gives you more of a Sheen true Sheen true dewy looking to cheeks and where ever you apply this it is a very champagne color so if you have pale skin I wouldn't recommend it I am a medium beige in too faced born this way so if you have the light to medium skintones or maybe even a even a little darker I would recommend this for you has a creamy consistency which I do like and I love the packaging because I can just stick it in my bag or anywhere when I'm traveling and I just love this so much!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I wanted to love this product. I love the application (stick format is so convenient and easier to target for me) and the texture. In dim lighting it made me look about 10x more awake and luminous.

The problem is that I am super-pale and this "highlight" is actually darker than my skin. It does not sheer out, either, so in bright light or photos I appear to have a yellow makeup on my face in bad placed. Not a good look.

If Benefit would make this product in a lighter color I would be all over it. As it is Benefit does not currently make a highlighter that works for my skin tone.

I received a sample of Watt's Up some time ago. I recently gave it away to a friend because as much as I wanted to love it, it just did not work on me. I have pale skin - not insanely pale but definitely pale - and I think this is why it looked wrong.
I used it like I do with High Beam, dotting and then blending it on my browbones, cheekbones, and the bridge of my nose to highlight those areas. The texture was nice with Watt's Up, but the color always wound up looking overly orange, like I was shading those areas instead of illuminating them. I kept it on hand for a while before giving it away, but every time I decided to take another shot with this product, I ended up regretting it and would be wiping it away.
That said, this may work fine on someone with darker skin. Those with pale skin may want to steer clear in favor of something lighter.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I first tried Benefit Watt's when I received it as a birthday gift in travel size from Sephora. I fell in love with it and knew I would buy a full size container when I ran out. It stays in place for a long time and leaves a beautiful, dewy sheen on cheeks, cupid's bow, brow bone and I even use it as eye shadow. I like to apply tarte amazonian clay blush over this product on my cheeks to help lock it in place and that really does the trick. The combination of the two leaves my skin with a warm glow I can't get from any other products. I took off a lippie because the full size container isn't the best for application, I really preferred the travel size. The end of the container is meant to smudge but it mostly just removes product. It is kind of pointless. Other than that one small annoyance this product is amazing and I would recommend it to anyone. It's a multi-tasking product that I use everyday. So worth the money. Definitely buy it :)

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Easy to apply, beautiful color, blends nicely. This gives such a beautiful highlight to my cheekbones, I would recommend this highlighter to anyone.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I really like this and use it a lot but I have found a low cost dupe so I'll be sticking with that

on 1/11/2016 2:04:00 AM

I LOVE this product so much. I've been looking for a pearly/shimmery highlighter that goes well with my complexion and this is it. The champagne color is actually darker than my skin tone, but once it's blended it's gorgeous and photographs beautifully.

This makes my skin look dewey and fresh. I use it on my cheekbones, inner eye corners, and brow bone. I would not recommend using it for all over face contouring as you may end up looking greasy from afar. But for day to day casual makeup, it's divine.

Knocked off a lippie on packaging because the cap for the sponge end falls off super easily. The packaging is really cute, though!

on 1/4/2016 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Stunning product! This is not for someone looking for a subtle highlight! It is full on glow! I love it. Lasts all day. Its a tiy bit darker than my skin tone, but still works. Would be superb on medium toned skin. Size of product is overpriced (typical Benefit) and the sponge on the end is useless. Its a hard sponge that doesnt help with the blending. You can do a better job with a brush or fingers. Overall will purchase again!