BeneFit Cosmetics Watt's Up!

BeneFit Cosmetics Watt's Up!
Watt's Up!Watt's Up!Watt's Up!Watt's Up!

HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE, MICA, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, POLYETHYLENE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), SOYBEAN GLYCERIDES, SILICA, DIMETHICONE, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, BUTYROSPERMIUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER) UNSAPONIFIABLES, IRON OXIDES (CI 77492), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491), IRON OXIDES (77499), LECITHIN, TOCOPHEROL, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, GLYCERYL STEARATE, GLYCERYL OLEATE, CITRIC ACID.

on 11/14/2016 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Greasy cracks my foundation and doesnt blend!!!

on 11/13/2016 7:40:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This product sucks! It looks like I don't have any highlighter when I put this on. The applicator on the other end is unhygienic because you cannot clean it. It does not apply smoothly and it's expensive. I will not repurchase this again.

on 11/2/2016 3:27:00 AM

It works but don't expect a kardashian glow. It will add a nice champagne sheen to your skin but I found it a tad too glittery. I'm also not a fan of using my fingers to blend because I feel like my finger is picking up most of the product. I have the sample size which is very skinny. It's works well for small areas like the nose and inner corner of the eyes but requires more effort to cover the cheekbones.

It's not the most expensive highlighter nor is it the cheapest. I bought it a travel sized set that cost $39 for the tiniest sized products imaginable (the primer is the size of child's pinky. The highlighter is maybe the size of a teenagers pinky. You get the point).

on 8/27/2016 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I think this is a great choice for a first highlighter. It's not a BAM in your face kind of highlight, which I like about this product. It looks very natural and just amps up the natural reflection that occurs on your cheekbones. You could build it up if you wanted to, but I prefer it as a subtle glow. The color and formula really make it best suited for a natural highlight. You could apply this straight from the tube, with your fingers, or with a brush. I use all of these methods and it looks great either way. It has a really nice, creamy formula.

I will say the packaging needs to be improved, especially the cap. I went travelling right after I got this and brought it with me. I opened my makeup bag to see that the cap fell off and it was mauled by my other makeup products. It was kind of annoying to see my new highlighter destroyed already. My solution was to switch the cap with the product and the cap with the sponge. The sponge is useless anyway so I didn't care if anything happened to it. When you switch the caps, the cap really is not going anywhere.

on 8/17/2016 6:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this in travel size ( no blender) with hoola bronzer. First time i swatched it i tought this isnt going to work. it went on sheer and with visible shimmer particles,not big but visible because it was so sheer. when i finally tried it on my nw15 skin i was impressed because of how subtle it looked but still accentuated my cheekbones like heaven. no visible colour on my skin,no visible shimmer particles,all in all very subtle. Did not have any trouble with packaging. Altough i dont have blender side on it i reccomend using finger and just patting it on your skin,i had best results like that.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This highlighter is really beautiful whether I'm doing a full face of foundation, contour and highlighting or just on bare skin to add a healthy glow, it looks great, you can hardly see makeup just a glowing look. My only complaint about it is the stupid packaging. It comes with a blending pad on one end that I find is too small and really just wipes off the product. I just use my fingers to blend it and the cap on the product does not stay on, it does not click down firmly. The blender end and the fancy jewel look cap just add weight that I really don't need and for the price of this product, the cap should effectively protect the product and be able survive being on my bathroom counter, I'm really not that rough. I expect more from a premium product and I am old enough not to need my make up to look like something that it is not. Please fix the packaging.

on 4/26/2016 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I found this to be a really bad product. First of all I have tan skin (Indian NC45) and it did not show up very well - just a slight shimmer which wasn't what I hoped for as I wanted an all-out highlighter. I also found that it would absorb and melt into my skin very quickly and on the one occassion that I took it out with me, I had to reapply it 3 times during the day giving it several strokes for it to show up. For the price it definitely didn't live up to expectations. I will be going for the NARS Illuminator in Copacabana next!

on 4/22/2016 4:21:00 PM

This is such a beautiful natural dewy looking highlights it's not at all shimmery like other powder highlights which I don't really like about powders but this gives you more of a Sheen true Sheen true dewy looking to cheeks and where ever you apply this it is a very champagne color so if you have pale skin I wouldn't recommend it I am a medium beige in too faced born this way so if you have the light to medium skintones or maybe even a even a little darker I would recommend this for you has a creamy consistency which I do like and I love the packaging because I can just stick it in my bag or anywhere when I'm traveling and I just love this so much!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I wanted to love this product. I love the application (stick format is so convenient and easier to target for me) and the texture. In dim lighting it made me look about 10x more awake and luminous.

The problem is that I am super-pale and this "highlight" is actually darker than my skin. It does not sheer out, either, so in bright light or photos I appear to have a yellow makeup on my face in bad placed. Not a good look.

If Benefit would make this product in a lighter color I would be all over it. As it is Benefit does not currently make a highlighter that works for my skin tone.

I received a sample of Watt's Up some time ago. I recently gave it away to a friend because as much as I wanted to love it, it just did not work on me. I have pale skin - not insanely pale but definitely pale - and I think this is why it looked wrong.
I used it like I do with High Beam, dotting and then blending it on my browbones, cheekbones, and the bridge of my nose to highlight those areas. The texture was nice with Watt's Up, but the color always wound up looking overly orange, like I was shading those areas instead of illuminating them. I kept it on hand for a while before giving it away, but every time I decided to take another shot with this product, I ended up regretting it and would be wiping it away.
That said, this may work fine on someone with darker skin. Those with pale skin may want to steer clear in favor of something lighter.