Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Travel Essentials: Essential Foundation / Multi Task / Domed Shadow

4.3

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I've bought two of these not because I love them, but because the brush I wanted, multi-task, felt a little scratchy on my face not as soft as other RT brushes I own.

The domed shadow brush is ok, for me it's a bit big and round for packing on shadow and crease work, so I use it for blending.

The foundation brush is too small and leaves streaked, I have used it for concealer, but it's rarely used.

For the function of travel, the brushes handles make them bulky. The case is usable for some other brushes of mine. Dissapointed with this set.

Overall, this is a good set. I use the multitasking brush mainly to set my undereye concealer. The domed shadow brush is good for applying a crease color and for blending. I don't love the foundation brush. It doesn't do a particularly good job applying foundation imo and it leaves a *lot* of brush marks. They come with a cute travel holder that can be folded into a stand, which I haven't used but do like. Overall, I would probably repurchase this set but it isn't my favorite. I'm just a little disappointed about the foundation brush.

To Read all 50 Reviews, Login or Join

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

The multitask brush could be used for powder, bronzer, highlighter or blush. I prefer to use it for powder because I like a larger brush for bronzer, smaller tapered brush for blush and highlighter. However I dislike this brush because the bristles are scratchy. I have sensitive skin.

The foundation brush is scratchy too.

The eyeshadow brush is the best out of all three. Its not scratchy and I use it to blend lid or crease colors.

Overall I wouldn't repurchase due to the scratchiness of two brushes. The set costs around $20.00 Canadian

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

These brushes get the job done but not always the prettiest. I bought them becuase they are cheap and accessable and I use alot of makeup brushes in my feild of work.

My only rant about them is the bristles fall out quickly but I noticed it only happens for the first few uses. You could just give them a quick over wash and they should be fine.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love these brushes and use them regularly and my favourite is the multitask brush. The only problem with then is that they are way too expensive in Australia, that being said I won't have to buy them again any time soon because they are very good quality.

I have a few real techniques brushes that I LOVE and can't live without in my brush collection. This set, however, is not one of them. I bought this set mainly for the "multitasking brush". I heard SO MANY great things about this brush. How it's fluffy but tapered, how it's somewhat pinched at the ferrule so that it kinda looks flat, making it great for contouring, highlighting etc. This brush left me quite disappointed. There's nothing all that "special" about it. It's just your average run of the mill brush. The tapered foundation brush that came with this set was purely AWFUL. It felt scratchy against my face! I use this to set loose powder under my eyes and it felt super prickly. I winced every time the brush touched my skin! The ONLY brush that I actually liked was the eye shadow brush. Ironically, that was the brush i didn't think i'd be ecstatic about. The eyeshadow brush is great for blending eyeshadow. You get the PERFECT application of shadow with this brush. If you want blending that's absolutely FLAWLESS, this is the brush to use! I can get a beautiful soft smokey eye with just this one brush alone! Unfortunately the price $18CDN isn't worth it for 1 brush. Even though this set comes with 3 brushes.... only 1 out of the 3 brushes worked out for me. It's not worth keeping. i will be returning this set.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I really like all Real Techniques packs and individual brushes. However, I do find that each pack has a brush that I would change, huh... I love the multi task brush (the pink one)! I think it's perfect for any powder product- amazing as a brush or bronzing brush too! The foundation brush (the gold one) is OK, but I don't like flat brushed for foundation because I don't feel they are doing such a great job. However, I did find that this brush works really well with liquid highlighters and creamy blushes. The eyeshadow brush (the purple one) is too big in my opinion, but it's a great brush to have anyways. It's good if you are using only on shade of shadow and don't need to be very precised. It's great for blending! Bottom line- get it!

The bristles of the brush is too hard, and is basically scratching my face! I very much regret buying two sets of RT brushes. I should have just buy one brush to try.
It's such a waste of money. All the raves about RT brushes turn out to be a big lie and disappointment!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like them a lot!
Even that I have the Core collection and the Starter set, the brushes that comes with this set are a must have!
- The foundation one is great and better that the one that comes with core colection, it's bigger, so it's very good for it's purpose.
- Domed shadow is great for smuding and for base shadow.It fits perfectly.
- Multi Task is my beloved one among of all those 3. It's perfect for blush, and perfect for loose powder too.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Most people say these brushes are soft but my foundation brush and domed shadow brush from this kit have super scratchy sharp bits that prick my skin. There must be an inconsistency with quality with this brand. It feels so horrible and makes my eyes and cheeks red. There are NO returns for cosmetics and tools in my country so I had to simply throw them out.

My multi task brush is super soft, so no issues there. However, the handle is VERY heavy and chunky compared to her other large brushes, it doesn't balance well in the hands and is a chore to use. It doesn't fit well in any of my brush cases. It doesn't spread powder as evenly as the Powder or Blush brush, which I prefer. If I had to pick one do-it-all powder/blush/bronze for travel I'd take the Blush Brush and leave the larger Powder Brush at home.

Pretty annoyed for paying all that money to get just one usable brush though. Retail is around US$45 US here :(

Popular Makeup Brushes