Too Faced Smokey Eye Collection

4.6

on 4/16/2016 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I love this palette when I want a sexy smokey look, the quality is one of the best at this particular palette.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love this palette and use it every day. Originally I had the Sephora smokey pallete but there was just too many shades I didn't use (it's very much 'cool' shades) and many were very glittery and too 'loose' and would fall all over my face. One of the reasons I love this palette is that the browns are not too orangey which is what I tend to find with many other products

For day wear, I use 'white lie' as a highlighter on the browbone and the inner corner. I then use 'firefly' on the lid and then a blend of 'cloves' and 'nice ash' in the crease and smudged under the lower lashline. I then use a blend of 'up in smoke' and 'smoking hot' as a liner in the out corner of the lower waterline and a little on the top lid (and flicked out). I fill my brows with 'smoking hot'

For evening I use 'white lie' as before, a blend of 'up in smoke' and 'nice ash' all over the lid and under the lower lashline, a light amount of cloves/nice ash slightly above the crease, and smoking hot in the crease

I don't use the bottom row as my eyes are green and brown so these cool tones don't suit me - but they would be great for blue eyes

For a really dressy look I usually use the sephora palette as they have more shimmery colours but I have to be a lot more careful with the application

Pros - buildable, blendable, highly pigmented shadows. Good colour choice, Lovely packaging. No mess when applying and long-wearing
Cons - shadows are too small and highlighters too big. Would be better for me to have some green tones instead of the 3 blue-based tones

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The old Smokey eye palette has been discontinued. It's no longer for sale on the Too Faced website, so that means it's gone for good. This is the replacement, and so far it's getting a lot more positive feedback on here and the internet. I've never bought anything from Too Faced before today. Not that I don't buy a lot of moderate to high end products, but I didn't know how to approach Too Faced or even know much about the brand other than their eye primer. Some of their packaging is over the top to me or too flashy, but I love the eye palettes and their whimsical themes with pinups, fairies, or glitter. These are more compact than they used to be and they take up less space. You have to have your own brushes and mirror. It's not an on the go palette, but you can travel with it easily. For $36, you get three large highlights as you can see, and six colors in various shimmers and mattes. The silver highlight is opaque and intense, metallic with the right primer. I'd use LA Splash sealer/base with that one since those shades tend to be heavier unless you have a sticky base. I'm going to test it for a week or two and update, but so far it's really good. I also like the "midnight glamour in a garden" them for this palette.

The Too Faced website describes these shades as:
1. Firefly: silvery taupe
2. Cloves: Bronzey brown
3. Up In Smoke: Blackened brown
4. White Lie: Sugar white
5.Nice Ash: charcoal
6.Smokin' Hot: matte black
7.In A Flash: silver shimmer
8.Smoking Jacket: Black plum, I'd call it a chrome purple.
9. Smolder: matte navy

LOVE. Got this as a gift from my sister and I most likely wouldn't have purchased otherwise, just because I have a lot of the same colors already (I thought) in different brands. SO glad she got this for me because the colors are beautiful, the whole palette can be mixed & matched, shadows are perfect to apply. Definitely would repurchase.

on 8/6/2011 2:32:00 PM

This beautiful palette is part of Too Faced's fall 2011 line. It is NOT the same as their Smokey Eye Palette.

I originally went into Sephora intent on buying their Matte palette, but was disappointed with the swatches. This was sitting beside it, so I started swatching it. The colours are fantastic! I took it home with me and have been playing around a bit.

All the colours are highly pigmented. They go beautifully with my cool skin. The cards it comes with are fun, but not really necessary. I also don't stick to the three in a row combos. While these certainly work, there are a lot more options when you start mixing and matching.

I really love "Smoking Jacket," "Smolder," and "Up in Smoke"... "Cloves too". I actually love the whole palette. Would certainly repurchase if I lost the palette or went through it.