Too Faced Smokey Eye Collection

3.0

1 review

on 1/20/2014 4:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I like this palette but I'm not in love with it like the Sephora Smoky Eye palette. This one is definitely more portable since the packaging is smaller. The package is made of cardboard and there's a magnetic flap with a pull tab for opening. I took off a lippy because it lacks a mirror. I know some people don't care about this but I like to have a mirror with all my palettes for easy touch ups when I'm on the go and sometimes a mirror just isn't around or your cell phone reflection doesn't cut it. Where the mirror should be is an image of a smokey eye with an arrow pointing to 3 instruction cards inserted inside the cover. The cards cover a Day look, a Classic look and a Fashion look (which makes use of the purple shadow). This palette cost me $39 from Sephora.

SHADOWS - this palette comes with 9 shadows. The 3 highlight shadows are about 3-4x the size of the lid and liner shadows which doesn't make sense to me because I use the least amount of the highlighter colors and more of the lid/crease colors. I assume you can mix and match the colors but it's not laid out that way in the palette. The shadows feel buttery, but the pigmentation is hit or miss. In a Flash is very pigmented as is Smoking Hot. The other colors, while good, requires at least one more swipe to get the color you need.

TOP ROW - Going across the palette from left to right,you have the Day highlight color in Firefly which is a shimmery off white with a gold tone. The lid/crease color is Cloves which is a shimmery medium brown. The liner color is Up in Smoke which is a satin brown color (not matte).

MIDDLE ROW - your large highlight color is White Lie which as the color implies is a shimmery white color. Then the lid/crease color, Nice Ash, which is a blue toned shimmery grey. Smoking Hot, the liner color, is a matte black.

BOTTOM ROW - In a Flash is a very shiny silver color with glitter dispersed through out. Depending on how much you layer on, it can be pretty glittery, but it will take a lot of patting on for the glitter to cover your eye and by that time your lid will look like a mirror. This is definitely a good color to put on your lid and not so much under your brow. Smoking Jacket, is a beautiful shimmery purple color in the palette which comes across as a dark purple on your lid (the shimmer doesn't show as much as in the palette). The liner color is Smolder which is a charcoal matte black with a slight blue undertone. Unfortunately that color applies kinda chalky (maybe matte colors have that problem).

I don't think I got my money's worth here because most of the colors here I don't think I'd use. It will probably take me a long while to hit pan with the highlight colors which is possibly a good value. Honestly, I don't think I'd purchase this again.

Video Reviews & Tutorials