Too Faced Smokey Eye Collection

Too Faced Smokey Eye Collection
Too Faced Shadow PalettesSmokey Eye CollectionToo Faced Smokey Eye palette

4.4

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Gosh, there's already so many wonderful reviews for this one! I'm happy I'm not the only who loves this palette.

A few years ago I really wanted to perfect the sultry cat "smokey eye" , and I just knew I had to have this collection when I felt how soft and pigmented the colors were. Dark colors are hard for me to work with, but these went on so well, little fall out, blends beautifully, and really you can mix all of the colors for some pretty creative looks.

But, I love the little card tutorials, those were designed for dorks like me, I just know it! And these colors go on much brigher than they look too! At least I really think "In a Flash" does, geez that color is just so pretty. And the color "smokin hot" really grabbed me, because it's perfect for the corner V and even as an eye liner if you're in a pinch.

I just really love Too Faced eye shadow collections. I felt like I got a bargain for the money, and didn't have to worry about individually buying a bunch of different pigments and them not working together.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love this palette and use it every day. Originally I had the Sephora smokey pallete but there was just too many shades I didn't use (it's very much 'cool' shades) and many were very glittery and too 'loose' and would fall all over my face. One of the reasons I love this palette is that the browns are not too orangey which is what I tend to find with many other products

For day wear, I use 'white lie' as a highlighter on the browbone and the inner corner. I then use 'firefly' on the lid and then a blend of 'cloves' and 'nice ash' in the crease and smudged under the lower lashline. I then use a blend of 'up in smoke' and 'smoking hot' as a liner in the out corner of the lower waterline and a little on the top lid (and flicked out). I fill my brows with 'smoking hot'

For evening I use 'white lie' as before, a blend of 'up in smoke' and 'nice ash' all over the lid and under the lower lashline, a light amount of cloves/nice ash slightly above the crease, and smoking hot in the crease

I don't use the bottom row as my eyes are green and brown so these cool tones don't suit me - but they would be great for blue eyes

For a really dressy look I usually use the sephora palette as they have more shimmery colours but I have to be a lot more careful with the application

Pros - buildable, blendable, highly pigmented shadows. Good colour choice, Lovely packaging. No mess when applying and long-wearing
Cons - shadows are too small and highlighters too big. Would be better for me to have some green tones instead of the 3 blue-based tones

on 1/31/2012 8:02:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I first purchased the Natural Eye palette and FELL IN LOVE! I don't usually splurge on eyeshadows, I usually buy less expensive ones (in Australia this eyeshadow palette costs $59 US), but having loved the natural eye, I got this one, too.

I don't like the colours in this palette - they don't compliment my skin tone nor my eye colour. There are 3 matte colours, which is nice (hate palettes that are ALL shimmer), but I feel these colours all lean towards a 'cool' undertone, and as a warm toned gal, they do nada for me.

The quality is lovely, as per usual with Too Faced palettes, they DO have staying power, particularly with a primer, they are pigmented - certainly, but so many of them are frosty and cool toned that they will predominantly work for cool toned gals - particularly green eyes, I feel.

I'm still waiting for my Romantic Eye collection, I'm hoping the colours are better suited for me.

I wouldn't buy again, because they don't compliment MY skin tone, but the quality is there, so i'm not dissing the product itself.

//edit: I'm going to say that I have made *some* of the colours work for me. I pair them with silver jewellery, to complete the more frosty/cool toned look. You CAN make them work if you are of a warmer undertone, but I still say warm toned girls are better off buying a more suited palette fo this kind of money.

Phenomenal quality shadows, though. Love!

on 1/27/2012 7:47:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I received this as a Christmas present from my sister. She knows that I am a huge fan of smokey eyes, probably the only 'eye look' that I do! All the shadows in here are especially pigmented. I love the bottom 4 colors. The dark brown, the dark blue, and purple are very rich. There is also a small amoutn of shimmer in the blue and purple. Usually I wet my brushes a bit when dipping it in the color. But because this is so well pigmented, I don't need to wet my brush. It lasts all day for me, even without a primer. The packaging is a little bulky, but it's also secure. i can put this in a purse or weekend bag without breakign the compact. The clasp has a nice magnetic clasp that clamps down. THis is my second Too Faced palette, and I love the smooth application and pigmentation of the shadows.

on 9/17/2011 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love my Natural Eye Neutral Eye Shadow Collection but I love this even more. I did not like the previous Smokey Eye Palette but this palette the colors are just perfect. Day, Classic or Fashion, I love it all. I'm NW 20-22, NC 27 and this palette has the perfect gold/brown eyeshadows color on my skintone. I love it more than my Urban Decay Naked Palette. I'm thinking of buying a backup already just in case they change the color again. It's not too bulky so it's very nice to take to travel also. It has all the colors I needed round the clock. Pigmented, very smooth to apply and blend. Not chalky at all. Everything about this eyeshadow is just perfect. A definite must have.