Too Faced Smokey Eye Collection

Too Faced Smokey Eye Collection
Too Faced Shadow PalettesSmokey Eye CollectionToo Faced Smokey Eye palette

4.6

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Gosh, there's already so many wonderful reviews for this one! I'm happy I'm not the only who loves this palette.

A few years ago I really wanted to perfect the sultry cat "smokey eye" , and I just knew I had to have this collection when I felt how soft and pigmented the colors were. Dark colors are hard for me to work with, but these went on so well, little fall out, blends beautifully, and really you can mix all of the colors for some pretty creative looks.

But, I love the little card tutorials, those were designed for dorks like me, I just know it! And these colors go on much brigher than they look too! At least I really think "In a Flash" does, geez that color is just so pretty. And the color "smokin hot" really grabbed me, because it's perfect for the corner V and even as an eye liner if you're in a pinch.

I just really love Too Faced eye shadow collections. I felt like I got a bargain for the money, and didn't have to worry about individually buying a bunch of different pigments and them not working together.

on 12/25/2012 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is an adorable palette. The packaging is sturdy and travel friendly. The shadows and highlighters are pigmented and all work together very well. I'm very happy that I got this as a gift, the price is a little steep but after trying it I could justify purchasing it again.

on 1/31/2012 8:02:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I first purchased the Natural Eye palette and FELL IN LOVE! I don't usually splurge on eyeshadows, I usually buy less expensive ones (in Australia this eyeshadow palette costs $59 US), but having loved the natural eye, I got this one, too.

I don't like the colours in this palette - they don't compliment my skin tone nor my eye colour. There are 3 matte colours, which is nice (hate palettes that are ALL shimmer), but I feel these colours all lean towards a 'cool' undertone, and as a warm toned gal, they do nada for me.

The quality is lovely, as per usual with Too Faced palettes, they DO have staying power, particularly with a primer, they are pigmented - certainly, but so many of them are frosty and cool toned that they will predominantly work for cool toned gals - particularly green eyes, I feel.

I'm still waiting for my Romantic Eye collection, I'm hoping the colours are better suited for me.

I wouldn't buy again, because they don't compliment MY skin tone, but the quality is there, so i'm not dissing the product itself.

//edit: I'm going to say that I have made *some* of the colours work for me. I pair them with silver jewellery, to complete the more frosty/cool toned look. You CAN make them work if you are of a warmer undertone, but I still say warm toned girls are better off buying a more suited palette fo this kind of money.

Phenomenal quality shadows, though. Love!

on 1/27/2012 7:47:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I received this as a Christmas present from my sister. She knows that I am a huge fan of smokey eyes, probably the only 'eye look' that I do! All the shadows in here are especially pigmented. I love the bottom 4 colors. The dark brown, the dark blue, and purple are very rich. There is also a small amoutn of shimmer in the blue and purple. Usually I wet my brushes a bit when dipping it in the color. But because this is so well pigmented, I don't need to wet my brush. It lasts all day for me, even without a primer. The packaging is a little bulky, but it's also secure. i can put this in a purse or weekend bag without breakign the compact. The clasp has a nice magnetic clasp that clamps down. THis is my second Too Faced palette, and I love the smooth application and pigmentation of the shadows.

on 10/30/2011 11:42:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Blends well, pigmented colors, cute box, this palette is awesome :) Very pleased with my purchase.

Popular Palettes