Too Faced Smokey Eye Collection

Too Faced Smokey Eye Collection
Too Faced Shadow PalettesSmokey Eye CollectionToo Faced Smokey Eye palette

4.8

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love this palette and use it every day. Originally I had the Sephora smokey pallete but there was just too many shades I didn't use (it's very much 'cool' shades) and many were very glittery and too 'loose' and would fall all over my face. One of the reasons I love this palette is that the browns are not too orangey which is what I tend to find with many other products

For day wear, I use 'white lie' as a highlighter on the browbone and the inner corner. I then use 'firefly' on the lid and then a blend of 'cloves' and 'nice ash' in the crease and smudged under the lower lashline. I then use a blend of 'up in smoke' and 'smoking hot' as a liner in the out corner of the lower waterline and a little on the top lid (and flicked out). I fill my brows with 'smoking hot'

For evening I use 'white lie' as before, a blend of 'up in smoke' and 'nice ash' all over the lid and under the lower lashline, a light amount of cloves/nice ash slightly above the crease, and smoking hot in the crease

I don't use the bottom row as my eyes are green and brown so these cool tones don't suit me - but they would be great for blue eyes

For a really dressy look I usually use the sephora palette as they have more shimmery colours but I have to be a lot more careful with the application

Pros - buildable, blendable, highly pigmented shadows. Good colour choice, Lovely packaging. No mess when applying and long-wearing
Cons - shadows are too small and highlighters too big. Would be better for me to have some green tones instead of the 3 blue-based tones

Watch me get ready with this palette! :

on 11/13/2011 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This review is for the NEW Smokey Eye palette/collection from TF (they had an earlier one that didn't appeal to me at all). It might have been helpful if they'd called this "Vol. 2" or something, rather than just using a different spelling of "Smoky" - would maybe have avoided a bit of confusion. This is my 4th Too Faced palette and I've been delighted with all of them. This one is no exception. This is a collection of primarily cool-toned shades that I am really loving.

Even for an "old gal" like me, the colours are extremely wearable. My favourite look is the "Day" look because I simply love both Cloves (a glowy bronzey dark tan - it has become one of my all time favourite colours) and Up In Smoke (a matte dark brown/grey shade...that sort of perfect dark shadowy colour that looks like a shadow). While it's called "Day", this can be made very dramatic and "dangerous", if you wish! I'm not heavily into silvers so In a Flash isn't a colour I'd have bought on my own but Smoking Jacket (a rich purple) is gorgeous and the whole palette is very well thought out - the colours all look great together, whether you follow the suggestions on the cards that are always included with these palettes or choose to create your own looks or combine these shadows with others you already have. Texture is perfect - easily blendable, apply very well and are very pigmented. Definitely one I'd repurchase and recommend. Oh, and I hope the people at Too Faced get really smart and release Cloves as a single shadow, available on its own. It is SO gorgeous and unlike any other eyeshadow I own.

on 8/6/2011 2:32:00 PM

This beautiful palette is part of Too Faced's fall 2011 line. It is NOT the same as their Smokey Eye Palette.

I originally went into Sephora intent on buying their Matte palette, but was disappointed with the swatches. This was sitting beside it, so I started swatching it. The colours are fantastic! I took it home with me and have been playing around a bit.

All the colours are highly pigmented. They go beautifully with my cool skin. The cards it comes with are fun, but not really necessary. I also don't stick to the three in a row combos. While these certainly work, there are a lot more options when you start mixing and matching.

I really love "Smoking Jacket," "Smolder," and "Up in Smoke"... "Cloves too". I actually love the whole palette. Would certainly repurchase if I lost the palette or went through it.