Too Faced Smokey Eye Collection

Too Faced Smokey Eye Collection
Too Faced Shadow PalettesSmokey Eye CollectionToo Faced Smokey Eye palette

4.5

on 8/6/2011 2:32:00 PM

This beautiful palette is part of Too Faced's fall 2011 line. It is NOT the same as their Smokey Eye Palette.

I originally went into Sephora intent on buying their Matte palette, but was disappointed with the swatches. This was sitting beside it, so I started swatching it. The colours are fantastic! I took it home with me and have been playing around a bit.

All the colours are highly pigmented. They go beautifully with my cool skin. The cards it comes with are fun, but not really necessary. I also don't stick to the three in a row combos. While these certainly work, there are a lot more options when you start mixing and matching.

I really love "Smoking Jacket," "Smolder," and "Up in Smoke"... "Cloves too". I actually love the whole palette. Would certainly repurchase if I lost the palette or went through it.

on 9/17/2011 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love my Natural Eye Neutral Eye Shadow Collection but I love this even more. I did not like the previous Smokey Eye Palette but this palette the colors are just perfect. Day, Classic or Fashion, I love it all. I'm NW 20-22, NC 27 and this palette has the perfect gold/brown eyeshadows color on my skintone. I love it more than my Urban Decay Naked Palette. I'm thinking of buying a backup already just in case they change the color again. It's not too bulky so it's very nice to take to travel also. It has all the colors I needed round the clock. Pigmented, very smooth to apply and blend. Not chalky at all. Everything about this eyeshadow is just perfect. A definite must have.

on 10/30/2011 11:42:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Blends well, pigmented colors, cute box, this palette is awesome :) Very pleased with my purchase.

on 11/13/2011 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This review is for the NEW Smokey Eye palette/collection from TF (they had an earlier one that didn't appeal to me at all). It might have been helpful if they'd called this "Vol. 2" or something, rather than just using a different spelling of "Smoky" - would maybe have avoided a bit of confusion. This is my 4th Too Faced palette and I've been delighted with all of them. This one is no exception. This is a collection of primarily cool-toned shades that I am really loving.

Even for an "old gal" like me, the colours are extremely wearable. My favourite look is the "Day" look because I simply love both Cloves (a glowy bronzey dark tan - it has become one of my all time favourite colours) and Up In Smoke (a matte dark brown/grey shade...that sort of perfect dark shadowy colour that looks like a shadow). While it's called "Day", this can be made very dramatic and "dangerous", if you wish! I'm not heavily into silvers so In a Flash isn't a colour I'd have bought on my own but Smoking Jacket (a rich purple) is gorgeous and the whole palette is very well thought out - the colours all look great together, whether you follow the suggestions on the cards that are always included with these palettes or choose to create your own looks or combine these shadows with others you already have. Texture is perfect - easily blendable, apply very well and are very pigmented. Definitely one I'd repurchase and recommend. Oh, and I hope the people at Too Faced get really smart and release Cloves as a single shadow, available on its own. It is SO gorgeous and unlike any other eyeshadow I own.

on 12/12/2011 10:33:00 AM

Really a lovely collection. All the colors are coordinated, making it a great palette for people new to dark smokey eyes. A basic must-have for every makeup kit. My only issue with this product is the packaging: like many of toofaced palettes, its needlessly bulky.

LOVE. Got this as a gift from my sister and I most likely wouldn't have purchased otherwise, just because I have a lot of the same colors already (I thought) in different brands. SO glad she got this for me because the colors are beautiful, the whole palette can be mixed & matched, shadows are perfect to apply. Definitely would repurchase.

I absolutely love this palette! So easy to blend and the colors are awesome. I'll buy again and again.

on 1/27/2012 7:47:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I received this as a Christmas present from my sister. She knows that I am a huge fan of smokey eyes, probably the only 'eye look' that I do! All the shadows in here are especially pigmented. I love the bottom 4 colors. The dark brown, the dark blue, and purple are very rich. There is also a small amoutn of shimmer in the blue and purple. Usually I wet my brushes a bit when dipping it in the color. But because this is so well pigmented, I don't need to wet my brush. It lasts all day for me, even without a primer. The packaging is a little bulky, but it's also secure. i can put this in a purse or weekend bag without breakign the compact. The clasp has a nice magnetic clasp that clamps down. THis is my second Too Faced palette, and I love the smooth application and pigmentation of the shadows.

on 1/31/2012 8:02:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I first purchased the Natural Eye palette and FELL IN LOVE! I don't usually splurge on eyeshadows, I usually buy less expensive ones (in Australia this eyeshadow palette costs $59 US), but having loved the natural eye, I got this one, too.

I don't like the colours in this palette - they don't compliment my skin tone nor my eye colour. There are 3 matte colours, which is nice (hate palettes that are ALL shimmer), but I feel these colours all lean towards a 'cool' undertone, and as a warm toned gal, they do nada for me.

The quality is lovely, as per usual with Too Faced palettes, they DO have staying power, particularly with a primer, they are pigmented - certainly, but so many of them are frosty and cool toned that they will predominantly work for cool toned gals - particularly green eyes, I feel.

I'm still waiting for my Romantic Eye collection, I'm hoping the colours are better suited for me.

I wouldn't buy again, because they don't compliment MY skin tone, but the quality is there, so i'm not dissing the product itself.

//edit: I'm going to say that I have made *some* of the colours work for me. I pair them with silver jewellery, to complete the more frosty/cool toned look. You CAN make them work if you are of a warmer undertone, but I still say warm toned girls are better off buying a more suited palette fo this kind of money.

Phenomenal quality shadows, though. Love!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The old Smokey eye palette has been discontinued. It's no longer for sale on the Too Faced website, so that means it's gone for good. This is the replacement, and so far it's getting a lot more positive feedback on here and the internet. I've never bought anything from Too Faced before today. Not that I don't buy a lot of moderate to high end products, but I didn't know how to approach Too Faced or even know much about the brand other than their eye primer. Some of their packaging is over the top to me or too flashy, but I love the eye palettes and their whimsical themes with pinups, fairies, or glitter. These are more compact than they used to be and they take up less space. You have to have your own brushes and mirror. It's not an on the go palette, but you can travel with it easily. For $36, you get three large highlights as you can see, and six colors in various shimmers and mattes. The silver highlight is opaque and intense, metallic with the right primer. I'd use LA Splash sealer/base with that one since those shades tend to be heavier unless you have a sticky base. I'm going to test it for a week or two and update, but so far it's really good. I also like the "midnight glamour in a garden" them for this palette.

The Too Faced website describes these shades as:
1. Firefly: silvery taupe
2. Cloves: Bronzey brown
3. Up In Smoke: Blackened brown
4. White Lie: Sugar white
5.Nice Ash: charcoal
6.Smokin' Hot: matte black
7.In A Flash: silver shimmer
8.Smoking Jacket: Black plum, I'd call it a chrome purple.
9. Smolder: matte navy