Too Faced Smokey Eye Collection

Too Faced Shadow PalettesSmokey Eye CollectionToo Faced Smokey Eye palette

4.7

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Gosh, there's already so many wonderful reviews for this one! I'm happy I'm not the only who loves this palette.

A few years ago I really wanted to perfect the sultry cat "smokey eye" , and I just knew I had to have this collection when I felt how soft and pigmented the colors were. Dark colors are hard for me to work with, but these went on so well, little fall out, blends beautifully, and really you can mix all of the colors for some pretty creative looks.

But, I love the little card tutorials, those were designed for dorks like me, I just know it! And these colors go on much brigher than they look too! At least I really think "In a Flash" does, geez that color is just so pretty. And the color "smokin hot" really grabbed me, because it's perfect for the corner V and even as an eye liner if you're in a pinch.

I just really love Too Faced eye shadow collections. I felt like I got a bargain for the money, and didn't have to worry about individually buying a bunch of different pigments and them not working together.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The old Smokey eye palette has been discontinued. It's no longer for sale on the Too Faced website, so that means it's gone for good. This is the replacement, and so far it's getting a lot more positive feedback on here and the internet. I've never bought anything from Too Faced before today. Not that I don't buy a lot of moderate to high end products, but I didn't know how to approach Too Faced or even know much about the brand other than their eye primer. Some of their packaging is over the top to me or too flashy, but I love the eye palettes and their whimsical themes with pinups, fairies, or glitter. These are more compact than they used to be and they take up less space. You have to have your own brushes and mirror. It's not an on the go palette, but you can travel with it easily. For $36, you get three large highlights as you can see, and six colors in various shimmers and mattes. The silver highlight is opaque and intense, metallic with the right primer. I'd use LA Splash sealer/base with that one since those shades tend to be heavier unless you have a sticky base. I'm going to test it for a week or two and update, but so far it's really good. I also like the "midnight glamour in a garden" them for this palette.

The Too Faced website describes these shades as:
1. Firefly: silvery taupe
2. Cloves: Bronzey brown
3. Up In Smoke: Blackened brown
4. White Lie: Sugar white
5.Nice Ash: charcoal
6.Smokin' Hot: matte black
7.In A Flash: silver shimmer
8.Smoking Jacket: Black plum, I'd call it a chrome purple.
9. Smolder: matte navy

I absolutely love this palette! So easy to blend and the colors are awesome. I'll buy again and again.

Video Reviews & Tutorials