Too Faced Smokey Eye Collection

Too Faced Smokey Eye Collection
Too Faced Shadow PalettesSmokey Eye CollectionToo Faced Smokey Eye palette

2.5

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the only Too Faced eyeshadow I've tried, and it's ok but I'm not super impressed. The highlight shades, Firefly, White Lie, and In A Flash, are my favorites in the pallette. They're all smooth and nicely pigmented, as well as Cloves and Nice Ash (Nice Ash is probably the nicest and most pigmented of the bunch.) However, some of the eyeshadows are just not amazing, especially Smoking Jacket and Smolder, which I have not been able to blend together without looking like a shimmery bruise. Smoking Jacket, Smolder, Up in Smoke, and Smokin Hot are all less pigmented than I would like, look somewhat patchy when applied, and are not super easy to blend (though I will say they're nowhere near the worst eyeshadows I've tried. They're just not the best either.) Something I do like about this palette is that nothing is super glittery and it includes two mattes and one almost matte. This, in theory, makes everything in the palette super wearable, but I just don't find myself reaching for this palette very often. Another criticism I've heard from a lot of people (and I agree) is that the way Too Faced intends for these shadows to be combined (both in the way the palette is arranged and with the included example cards) doesn't really work. I do think that the Day and Classic color combinations are nice (though I much prefer to apply them differently than the cards suggest) but the Fashion colors look like a silvery bruise every time I try to wear them together. I suppose I need to play around with the colors more and find the best ways to combine them, but I don't really love this palette enough to feel compelled to do so. Also, most of the colors have fallout, but it's not horrible. So, in conclusion, I do like some of the shadows in this palette and I wouldn't say it's a bad product, but it's not exactly the most unique and original palette ever created so there are much better options for the price.

on 7/31/2013 7:28:00 AM

I received this palette as a gift from my mom about a year ago. Honestly, I've probably only used it about 10 times. I just don't find most of the colors very practical for everyday, then again it is for "smokey" eyes. The color pay off is GREAT though, and the packaging is very nice. I would not repurchase again just because I don't find that I would be getting my moneys worth.

Video Reviews & Tutorials