Philosophy Frosted Animal Cracker 3-in-1

No Image

4.1

on 11/18/2017 11:10:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Lathers well, leaves my skin feeling clean but not dry. I like Philosophy's body washes in general, they work well for my skin which is prone to breakouts but can also be very dry at times. This scent is only okay, it's nice enough, sort of a faint icing scent but I probably would not repurchase it. Put as a yes because it's certainly not a bad product, it's actually great I'm just not wowed by this fragrance they way I am with Cinnamon Buns (adore that scent) or Pure Grace.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This definitely has a nice scent and it is reminiscent of pink frosted animal crackers, but I wish it lingered on the skin longer. It was a great deal on sale (not much more than other body washes) but is very overpriced otherwise. I wont try it as a shampoo since my hair is picky, but I imagine it would make a nice bubble bath. Since it's a big bottle I'll have it for a while and update when it's cool enough to attempt bath time! Speaking of that, I had to decant some of it in a travel bottle so the big bottle doesn't get dropped or weigh down my shower shelf.

*edit* After using this regularly for a few months, I think it is the cause of my body breakouts :( I stopped using it three weeks ago and have not had a new painful bump since. I looked online and apparently I am not alone! I'll leave it at 2 stars since it does work and smell nice, but it's not for my sensitive skin apparently.

Pros: Nice scent with bonus childhood memories flashbacks, cute packaging, decent body wash and long lasting. Not my idea of shampoo but is multi purpose in an emergency.

Cons: The bottle is huge and an awkward shape, it makes it cute but a pain in the shower. Dropped it the very first time I used it. Scent does not last long after the shower for such a pricey item. I think it contributed to cystic acne on my body.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

For me some Philosophy scents are hit or miss. This was one that I actually went back and smelled a few times if I was near an Ulta or other store that sold Philosophy.

Pricing: I ordered this online since I had a deal with shipping, and 3 free mini items. Cost: $16.50 for a full size 16oz. If you can grab this online while they have deals or in-stores where you can use reward points or something then you can score this for a steal. But 16 oz for $16 means it is a little over a dollar per ounce.

Scent & Usage: The scent I must say is right on. It literally smells like those pink & white Circus Animal frosted animal cookies. If you loved this as a kid (or even now) you'll find this scent to be spot on. While I don't use this for a bubble bath or shampoo, I use it as a shower gel and you don't need much. This lathers quite well in a loofah or wash cloth. To me this scent doesn't fill the bathroom air as much as say, my favorite Sugar Sprinkles Funnel Cake but it still is nice.

For reference: http://www.philosophy.com/shower-gel/pink-frosted-animal-cracker-shower-gel,en_US,pd.html

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I received this as a gift, and am pleasantly surprised with it. I have tried a few other Philosophy 3-in-1s and wasn't too impressed. I feared this one would smell too sugary or cloying, but it doesn't. I was thinking it was to smell like animal crackers, which it doesn't - it smells like baked goods, but not too sweet. But, then after reading the below comments, I guess there is specifically some frosted animal cookies that this is to smell like - I'd never heard of them. Lol!

I've only really used this as a shower gel, and I really like it. A little bit lathers up a lot and it is cleansing without being drying. The scent doesn't remain on te skin, which I prefer as it won't interfere with my lotion of perfume. I likely wouldn't buy this though as it's good but not amazing for the price.

on 7/4/2012 11:08:00 AM

I almost didn't buy this as a few other Philosophy scents that included "frosted" something I was not fond of but I'm so glad I tried this. It smells exactly like those sprinkled frosted animal crackers. Every time I smell it I am tempted to go buy some of those childhood favorite cookies. Spot on scent!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I love Philosophy products and this one is no exception. This product smells so good. I did try it as all three. Prefer it more as a bubble bath or as a body wash. The smell is spot on. It was worth the money in my book.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

This smells absolutely amazing in the bottle!! I'm not sure if I'm getting the "frosted animal cracker" smell though. To me, it smells like a lemon pound cake or vanilla pound cake with a lemon glaze. In the shower the lemony scent comes out more than it doesn in the bottle. I am enjoying this scent, but I don't think I would purposefully seek out a bottle to purchase in the future.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

My aunt lived near a Nabisco factory, and sometimes when we visited her we could smell the fresh-baked vanilla wafers permeating the air. This smells just like them! I'm not really getting much of a frosting note, which is good as I prefer to have it smell more like the crackers than frosting. I did only give this a four out of five, however, because the scent is so light - it disappears even as I'm lathering and doesn't linger in the shower, let alone on your skin. Nevertheless this is another great foody scent from Philosophy.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Oooh this is lovely. Smells so sweet and delicious. This does smell like an animal cracker! The frosting is quite vanilla with a faint air of lemon. The bottle is so cute. Philosophy makes one of the best body wash formulas in my opinion. I also purchased the matching lip shine which I wish was more "frosted animal cracker" flavored.
UPDATE:This is amazing, perhaps one of the best ever in the 3-in1 world.I got 2 backups.It's that good!