Diptyque 34 boulevard Saint Germain

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone

4.5

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This scent is inspired by Diptyques original store in Paris, where many perfumes have seeped into the wood and created a unique fragrance. And this is exactly that, a complex and deep perfume with many layers. Its sweet, woody and a tad musky. For me it goes on strong and lasts throughout the day, it becomes slightly sweeter as time goes on but I can still get the wood and musk. I really love this perfume since it smells rich but without the old lady effect some other high end perfumes have. I think this is a timeless and ageless scent. It is my go to perfume when in doubt. It is a little heavy for spring and summer but to each their own! The bottle is also quite nice, I like the magentic cap and the cool wick like design in the bottle. Only thing is it is a nice quality bottle but heavy, so not great for travel.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I first smelled this on a friend and thought it was amazing. The first spritz is definitely spicy, and although there is a spicy top note, a delicious floral really comes through on my skin. I'd like it if the rose was stronger as I love to smell like Turkish delight. I was a big fan of Stella McCartney and was often complimented when wearing it but I got tired of how many people recognised it and wore it. I don't like walking past someone in the street and recognising their perfume, which I always can with Stella. Diptyque's Rose is lovely but for me isn't complex enough to warrant the price tag. This scent definitely has a masculine edge, although I'm not sure how many men would choose it. It has a clean and soapy smell which I think makes it work really well on a woman. It's definitely a grown-up scent and seems to be popular with others, including men. Not amazing staying power which reduces its value for money a bit as I find I do have to top up throughout the day. The packaging is gorgeous- such a treat!

Popular Fragrances