Diptyque 34 boulevard Saint Germain

4.8

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

My search for a perfect smell is over, as well as for my husband.
I always loved unisex perfumes. Like the previous reviewer mentioned it smells like sex in a good way. No matter who wears it, woman or men, they instantly become attractive. I wear spray in winter and solid perfume in summer. (Solid version is slightly different, no alcohol, a bit more floral, a bit more feminine and not really suitable for men)
I hate musky smells and there is no musk in there.
The upper notes are pink peppercorn, citrus fruits, and spices. The heart note is a blend of roses, Egyptian geraniums, and tuberoses delicately sprinkled with iris and violet.
Lastly, the base consists of woody notes, balms, and resins. A touch of eucalyptus, the essential "olfactory accident," makes the addiction stronger.
I adore this smell and highly recommend to test it out!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This scent is inspired by Diptyques original store in Paris, where many perfumes have seeped into the wood and created a unique fragrance. And this is exactly that, a complex and deep perfume with many layers. Its sweet, woody and a tad musky. For me it goes on strong and lasts throughout the day, it becomes slightly sweeter as time goes on but I can still get the wood and musk. I really love this perfume since it smells rich but without the old lady effect some other high end perfumes have. I think this is a timeless and ageless scent. It is my go to perfume when in doubt. It is a little heavy for spring and summer but to each their own! The bottle is also quite nice, I like the magentic cap and the cool wick like design in the bottle. Only thing is it is a nice quality bottle but heavy, so not great for travel.

This is very interesting, but I am afraid I am not able to describe it well as it is very complex, with each layer complementing the others.... It is woodsy with a herbal, somewhat medicinal note and a discreet warm, balmy base. I sense pine trees, cedar, leather, spices, sweet tobacco, green leaves, maybe a faint citrus - definitely it does not smell like something out of a bottle! It is a very distinctive scent, and powerful - yet it is also tender, subtle, bringing back so many memories. It lasts the whole day, but different notes seem to dominate at different times - not so much as if the scent is "evolving" over time, but rather as if it alternates its different characters and shows you a slightly different "view" each time you sniff (I imagine it is the kind of scent that changes a lot from skin to skin)
Sometimes I find unisex scents overly masculine - but it is not the case here, I can see it worn equally well by man or woman. My only wish would be that the base note would be sweeter, and then it would be really perfect.

currently obsessed with this perfume. i have an exquisitely sensitive sense of smell and cannot tolerate most perfumes, candles, colognes, etc.

diptyque is the ONLY candles I can tolerate without feeling like my brain is about to explode.

In addition, this perfume from Diptyque is the second with which I have fallen in love!! (the first being Chanel Coco Mademoiselle) I adore that the this perfume isn't too feminine and that there are so many layers to the scent.

This is my current favourite fragrance. Its a perfect winter scent, as another reviewer said, it was designed to smell like the shop in Paris and having been there I have to say it really does smell like that. I find it quite a woody smell but there is definitely floral notes in there. I know the packaging shouldn't matter but the bottle is really classy looking and looks lovely on the shelf!! This fragrance is very long lasting - much better than any other fragrances I own. I can still smell it 12 hours after I have applied it.

This is supposed to smell like the shop at 34 Boulevard St Germain (one of my favourite shops) and it does! It's a good combination of floral, fruity and woody, and I often get compliments when I'm wearing it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I first smelled this on a friend and thought it was amazing. The first spritz is definitely spicy, and although there is a spicy top note, a delicious floral really comes through on my skin. I'd like it if the rose was stronger as I love to smell like Turkish delight. I was a big fan of Stella McCartney and was often complimented when wearing it but I got tired of how many people recognised it and wore it. I don't like walking past someone in the street and recognising their perfume, which I always can with Stella. Diptyque's Rose is lovely but for me isn't complex enough to warrant the price tag. This scent definitely has a masculine edge, although I'm not sure how many men would choose it. It has a clean and soapy smell which I think makes it work really well on a woman. It's definitely a grown-up scent and seems to be popular with others, including men. Not amazing staying power which reduces its value for money a bit as I find I do have to top up throughout the day. The packaging is gorgeous- such a treat!

The best woody fragrance I've ever experienced.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is just what I was looking for now that winter is upon us - a warm, woodsy scent that isn't too heavy or masculine. You would think that sort of thing would be easy to find, but I found during testing that so many woody fragrances boil down to an overload of ISO E Super and wind up smelling the same. This is more complex and subtle. Really very pretty, it feels more feminine to me, and quite distinctive. No one note dominates. It reminds me of little solid drawer sachets my mother had when I was a child... probably a cedar note that's doing that. It has a light greenness to it and a touch of floral freshness, but only if you're really looking for it. It smells like the sort of scent you want mingling with your woolens, which is just what I want for this time of year.

ETA - I wanted to add an additional note as I wear this again and wrap my nose around it a little more. I do get a vegetal tuberose, and blended with the other notes the overall impression is of a lightly floral leather chypre. I am reminded of SL Daim Blond and occasionally the original (vintage) Miss Dior. And now I like it even more!

Lovely warm fragrance . Not too spicy and just enough woodiness. Lovely for winter

Popular Fragrances