Diptyque 34 boulevard Saint Germain

Filtered by age: 36-43

4.8

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

My search for a perfect smell is over, as well as for my husband.
I always loved unisex perfumes. Like the previous reviewer mentioned it smells like sex in a good way. No matter who wears it, woman or men, they instantly become attractive. I wear spray in winter and solid perfume in summer. (Solid version is slightly different, no alcohol, a bit more floral, a bit more feminine and not really suitable for men)
I hate musky smells and there is no musk in there.
The upper notes are pink peppercorn, citrus fruits, and spices. The heart note is a blend of roses, Egyptian geraniums, and tuberoses delicately sprinkled with iris and violet.
Lastly, the base consists of woody notes, balms, and resins. A touch of eucalyptus, the essential "olfactory accident," makes the addiction stronger.
I adore this smell and highly recommend to test it out!

This is very interesting, but I am afraid I am not able to describe it well as it is very complex, with each layer complementing the others.... It is woodsy with a herbal, somewhat medicinal note and a discreet warm, balmy base. I sense pine trees, cedar, leather, spices, sweet tobacco, green leaves, maybe a faint citrus - definitely it does not smell like something out of a bottle! It is a very distinctive scent, and powerful - yet it is also tender, subtle, bringing back so many memories. It lasts the whole day, but different notes seem to dominate at different times - not so much as if the scent is "evolving" over time, but rather as if it alternates its different characters and shows you a slightly different "view" each time you sniff (I imagine it is the kind of scent that changes a lot from skin to skin)
Sometimes I find unisex scents overly masculine - but it is not the case here, I can see it worn equally well by man or woman. My only wish would be that the base note would be sweeter, and then it would be really perfect.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is just what I was looking for now that winter is upon us - a warm, woodsy scent that isn't too heavy or masculine. You would think that sort of thing would be easy to find, but I found during testing that so many woody fragrances boil down to an overload of ISO E Super and wind up smelling the same. This is more complex and subtle. Really very pretty, it feels more feminine to me, and quite distinctive. No one note dominates. It reminds me of little solid drawer sachets my mother had when I was a child... probably a cedar note that's doing that. It has a light greenness to it and a touch of floral freshness, but only if you're really looking for it. It smells like the sort of scent you want mingling with your woolens, which is just what I want for this time of year.

ETA - I wanted to add an additional note as I wear this again and wrap my nose around it a little more. I do get a vegetal tuberose, and blended with the other notes the overall impression is of a lightly floral leather chypre. I am reminded of SL Daim Blond and occasionally the original (vintage) Miss Dior. And now I like it even more!

This is my current favourite fragrance. Its a perfect winter scent, as another reviewer said, it was designed to smell like the shop in Paris and having been there I have to say it really does smell like that. I find it quite a woody smell but there is definitely floral notes in there. I know the packaging shouldn't matter but the bottle is really classy looking and looks lovely on the shelf!! This fragrance is very long lasting - much better than any other fragrances I own. I can still smell it 12 hours after I have applied it.

Popular Fragrances