Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour (all colors)

Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour (all colors)

4.6

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I got this in the shade Caramel. I don't know why, but it makes my NC20 grey eyes look very tired... Anyhoo, that aside, I am not impressed with this. This irritated my eyes, making them itch (no contacts). Also felt kind of dry when applying, just did not apply smoothly and I felt like I needed to go over and over to get an even looking application. But this just feels dry to me. This is the dog days of summer here, the heat and humidity should have this being soft, I can't imagine using this in the Winter, thinking it might be even drier feeling then..? I do not get the hype over this one, but to each their own. I will stick with the Bobbi Brown version. I tried this mainly because it looks like the Bobbi Brown version in matte shades are going the way of the dodo bird, but..I guess I will just stick with the ones I have. *shrug*

on 7/30/2017 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is, hands-down, the best cream eyeshadow formula I have ever used. I have the shades Copper and Rose Gold, for reference.

Pros:
- Intense color payoff. Copper, when first applied, looks like liquid metal it is so bright and opaque.
- Doesn't set immediately. Depending on how thickly you apply, you get about 15-30 seconds to blend this out before it sets, which is more than enough if you have your brush ready.
-Once it sets, oh my god. This stuff doesn't budge or crease. I can put this on at 6 AM, have watery eyes all day, and it will still be going strong when I get home at 8 that night. Even on the inner corner, which fades the fastest for me.
- Good color range, with both shimmery and matte shades. Obviously it would be great to have an even bigger range with more brights/bold shades, but Laura Mercier is not really known for bold or "out there" colors.
- The matte shades work well as eyeshadow primers/bases because they are so long wearing.
-You only need the tiniest bit. I've used Copper at least 75 times all over the lid, and it's maybe 10-15% gone. This stuff is never-ending.
- The stick format makes them super easy to toss into your purse to use on the go.

Cons:
- This does end up a bit thick on the lid, and I can't use most of my liquid eyeliners on top of these. Not a big issue for some, but something to keep in mind. They don't look thick, but it's hard to layer certain products on top.
- The tip is a bit chunky if you want more precise application, particularly with the darker shades.
- Price. These are fantastic and will last you until you die, but they are VERY pricey.

If you're in the market for a new cream eyeshadow, definitely check out the color selection and see if any appeal to you. I would repurchase these, but I think they will outlive me.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have this in Rose Gold.....this is amazing! I use this for a made up no makeup look w pink lipgloss soooo pretty. Or u can put on a winged eyeliner w this & a MLBB liquid lipstick or even go Glam w red. So many possibilities this is so good & goof proof!

Got some of these in a holiday season pack. I like the staying power. At first, I thought application with this product was inaccurate and unpredictable, depending so much on blending skills. I was looking to buy some gel liner but then thought, what if I use this with a brush with these? With that knowledge, that makes these sticks so versatile. Using these with a brush, you get a beautiful cream eyeshadow or eyeliner, that really stays. Does not budge! So, use brush to dab product off stick then, apply to eye. I'm really excited to start experimenting now!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have this in Rose Gold and it's perfection! It has become my go-to for highlighting the corners of my eyes & center of my eye lids. It brightens my eyes and the staying power is great. Think more shimmer, less sparkle. I can't wait to get this in other colors. Highly recommended!

on 1/22/2017 8:08:00 PM

I just have this in Rose Gold but once I can afford it I will definitely be buying more colors. I use this almost every day as a shimmery base on my lid and as a highlight. It's such a gorgeous, glowing color on me, there's no glitter and it's not super shimmery. The lasting power on this is amazing as well it holds out as long as my waterproof liner and mascara.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I heard so much about the Laura Mercier Caviar Stick in Burnished Bronze online. I already had the By Terry Ombre Blackstar Cream Eyeshadow Stick in Brown Perfection. But I read great reviews about the Burnished Bronze. I soon found out that it was hard to get. The department stores in my area were out of stock and when it was restocked, it would sell out almost immediately.

I finally managed to get it at Saks Fifth Avenue. There are times when the hype on a product does not live up to the reality, so I hoped that the effort to buy it would be worth it. Suffice to say, I was not disappointed. This color is a beautiful shimmering deep bronze color that really brings out my green eyes. I love the application. It's smooth and creamy highly pigmented and applies on the lid very easily. I will buff it out all over the lid up to the crease. Then I applied other powder eyeshadows over it. The effect was really quite remarkable. I used NARS Galapagos over it and and the shade was intensified even more. Then I used ABH Cognac over it and again the shade was amped up.

This is a great multi-use product. If you want to just have an easy look, you can apply this cream eyeshadow stick all over the lid. Add maybe a touch of eyeliner and mascara and you are ready to go. But it can also be a great primer underneath other eyeshadows and give them a whole new dimension. I find it to be long lasting and it's easy to get a more dramatic look by applying it again. I have dry skin, so oily lids are not a problem for me. I find that this product has great staying power and doesn't crease during the day.

I cannot think of any cons with this product, except maybe the price. There are cheaper cream eyeshadow sticks with drugstore brands. However, this shade is unmatched. The ability to create so many different looks with one product, is well worth the price.

It's nice when a product lives up to, or exceeds, your expectations. I absolutely love it.

on 11/21/2016 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I feel like I'm the only person who hasn't had success with this product! But I'm glad I got to sample this before splurging on an (expensive) full size, at least. It's such a shame, since the Caviar Sticks are so highly acclaimed.

Rose Gold is a really pretty and versatile shade. It has a super shiny, shimmery finish, not glittery. It's almost too light to utilize as an all-over lid shade I think (looks sort of "off" on my NC15 skintone), but it's the kind of color that everyone can find a use for, whether it be an inner corner highlight or cheekbone highlight or used as a lid shade.

Almost everything about the Caviar Stick is perfect: it applies incredibly smoothly, blends easily, and lasts all day even without primer. However, much to my dismay, it refuses to cooperate with any sort of product applied on top of it. Powder eyeshadows become chunky and blend unevenly and my gel eyeliner looks faded and patchy when I try to draw over it. The only way I can wear this product is all by itself, which I never do, since I can't pull off the chic minimalistic style at all. I need my wings!

Maybe this product is better suited for oily eyelids, who knows.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have this in Copper, which I find is more of a bright gold colour, rather than a redder copper colour(?).

It goes on very easily and blends out like a dream. You can build it up for a more intense shiny look, which is just beautiful. I wore these for almost 12 hours and my normally oily lids did not crease at all (you can see in my video above). I did notice that throughout the day they did feel greasy, so I like to "set" it with a super light dusting of powder just to take away some of that stickiness.

You get a ton of product and it really is a beautiful product. I would say it's very comparable to my Maybelline Color Tattoo in bad to the bronze but it's more golden and more shiny looking. I will definitely check out other colours!

on 8/25/2016 6:22:00 AM

I am seriously tempted to toss all of my eyeshadows and eyeliners in the trash. I ONLY reach for these now. I love them! I can even use them to tightline. They last all day with no smudging.

Popular Eye Shadows