Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour (all colors)

Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour (all colors)

4.5

on 9/17/2018 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I wear this in copper almost every day. I will agree with other reviewers that it is a heavier product, and sometimes if I'm not careful, I end up with kind of flakey bits, that I have to wipe away. That isn't to say that the product flakes throughout the day, I've never had that problem, just that if I'm heavy handed with application, I can tell. I love how easy it is to just swipe this a few times across my eyelids and call it a look. This is probably the most complimented makeup item I have ever worn, and is especially nice for days when I feel terrible. It does have a metallic/sparkly aspect, which might not be for everyone, but I've found it is a nice look for almost all my daily activities. It is a thicker application tip, so it would be difficult to only draw a thin line without using a brush, which I've never tried. It does tend to get messier as you use it, sometimes smudging on the pen itself. But I do like that it twists to reveal more product, and I have never had an issue with the mechanism on any of the sticks I've gone through. From daily use, I get about three months out of each one. Maybe more.

It isn't waterproof or budge proof, though, so I do have to remember to be careful and not rub my eyes. But I do appreciate how easy it is to take off at the end of the day!

on 8/11/2018 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I really wanted to love this. I purchased during a sale from them directly in two colors. Sugar frost was one color I purchased, and although a nice light neutral color, it had glitter in it. I found the formula of this color too chunky and sparkly instead of just metallic looking. The second color I got was rose gold. This was a gorgeous sort of light, neutral pink color. It looked amazing on the eyes, and provided a nice, sort of barely there but brightening sort of look. Where it failed for me was ease of use and longevity. They seemed like they'd be easy to apply, but it took several minutes of short swipes to apply the color then blend at the crease so as not to have a harsh line. I also had bad creasing immediately unless I let the product set with my eyes closed for a minute or two. Even doing this, it would crease a few hours in and completely break down and basically disappear after trying to wear for a full day. For the price (even on sale) these weren't worth it. If I have to still apply a primer to make them work the whole concept is a bust for me. I can do a primer with powder shadow that's way less high maintenance for less money. I returned the, and will not repurchase. I should note I have somewhat oily eyelids (or so it seems) and many products tend to crease on me without primer, so if you can wear eyeshadow without primer this may be a good one step, easy eye product for you. I just figured this would be formulated not to do that, even for oily eyelids, but I cannot overall recommend.

on 3/21/2018 12:06:00 AM

Since purchasing this a few weeks ago in Rose Gold, I have hardly reached for my tons of other palettes or singles.. Sure, I've been doing a pretty basic "one and done " look with it (with lots of mascara, and using it on the mobile lid and on the lower lash line) but it's so flattering! Now that I know that I really love the formula, I will definitely be purchasing a back up of this shade, and pick up a few other colors! Definitely recommend.

on 2/16/2018 11:43:00 PM

I have this in Rose Gold and it is a awesome little bad boy. I put a base down I like Bobbie Browns one in Shell. I apply the caviar eye stick on my lids and under my eyes. I then line with a eye shadow and this lasts without creasing or fading all day! I even teared up and my eye mu stayed great! This really is an awesome little pencil I’ve been eyeing the light purple shade for the longest time.I think I will finally get it. I like this that much. About me NW20 or below, blonde hair, and green eyes, very cool undertones and the shade Rose Gold looks great with my eye colour too. It’s pricey but it’s such good quality. Love this! Recommended

on 1/21/2018 7:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am a big fan of Bobbi Brown Long Wear Cream eye shadows in the pot but sometimes crave the portable ease of a stick. However, I have not found ones that truly last as long as the pots and that wear as nicely. I was so excited to try these when I bought the little multipack from Sephora. My favorite of the three was Au Natural as it evens out the lids. Vanilla Kiss was supposed to by my HG but it was so bright and unnatural looking on my nw20 deep winter eyes. Rosegold and Amethyst are pretty and sparkly. However, none of these lasted that long or really excited me. The didn't feel good as base or by themselves to insure they would make it all day. Right now they are in the "going on a beach vacation and want something nice and easy" pile. But they don't get much love in my day to day. I still prefer the Bobbi Brown pots for longevity and every day use. I would not buy these again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I originally purchased the Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Au Natural which is so easy to apply and store. This would have been the ideal crease colour but this shade does not work on my skin tone and looks orangey making my eyes look tired and sickly. I tried it as an all over shadow at first which made me look unwell and also tried lightly applying to crease only and blend out but it still looks very thick and heavy on my eyes especially when layered with powder eye shadows. I ended up returning this to Sephora since I couldn't make it work and at this price point close to $40 each, it has to be pretty amazing for me to keep it. I exchanged this for the Laura Mercier Caviar stick in Blossom which is amazing. It's a pink colour that on my light skin tone looks cool tone peachy pink. I just apply this to my crease and blend with fingers and have a natural peachy look with just one product. Just need to apply liner to bottom lashes and am done with my eyes for low maintenance days. Great product. Love love love!

on 9/8/2017 2:51:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Have this in Au Naturel which is a matte light brown/taupe shade. It's absolutely perfect to just throw on and go. I just draw a line along my crease and smudge with a finger and I'm good to go. This shade is a perfect neutral for me, so flattering. Doesn't crease or fade during the day. Would definitely repurchase.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I got this in the shade Caramel. I don't know why, but it makes my NC20 grey eyes look very tired... Anyhoo, that aside, I am not impressed with this. This irritated my eyes, making them itch (no contacts). Also felt kind of dry when applying, just did not apply smoothly and I felt like I needed to go over and over to get an even looking application. But this just feels dry to me. This is the dog days of summer here, the heat and humidity should have this being soft, I can't imagine using this in the Winter, thinking it might be even drier feeling then..? I do not get the hype over this one, but to each their own. I will stick with the Bobbi Brown version. I tried this mainly because it looks like the Bobbi Brown version in matte shades are going the way of the dodo bird, but..I guess I will just stick with the ones I have. *shrug*

on 7/30/2017 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is, hands-down, the best cream eyeshadow formula I have ever used. I have the shades Copper and Rose Gold, for reference.

Pros:
- Intense color payoff. Copper, when first applied, looks like liquid metal it is so bright and opaque.
- Doesn't set immediately. Depending on how thickly you apply, you get about 15-30 seconds to blend this out before it sets, which is more than enough if you have your brush ready.
-Once it sets, oh my god. This stuff doesn't budge or crease. I can put this on at 6 AM, have watery eyes all day, and it will still be going strong when I get home at 8 that night. Even on the inner corner, which fades the fastest for me.
- Good color range, with both shimmery and matte shades. Obviously it would be great to have an even bigger range with more brights/bold shades, but Laura Mercier is not really known for bold or "out there" colors.
- The matte shades work well as eyeshadow primers/bases because they are so long wearing.
-You only need the tiniest bit. I've used Copper at least 75 times all over the lid, and it's maybe 10-15% gone. This stuff is never-ending.
- The stick format makes them super easy to toss into your purse to use on the go.

Cons:
- This does end up a bit thick on the lid, and I can't use most of my liquid eyeliners on top of these. Not a big issue for some, but something to keep in mind. They don't look thick, but it's hard to layer certain products on top.
- The tip is a bit chunky if you want more precise application, particularly with the darker shades.
- Price. These are fantastic and will last you until you die, but they are VERY pricey.

If you're in the market for a new cream eyeshadow, definitely check out the color selection and see if any appeal to you. I would repurchase these, but I think they will outlive me.

I have this in Rose Gold.....this is amazing! I use this for a made up no makeup look w pink lipgloss soooo pretty. Or u can put on a winged eyeliner w this & a MLBB liquid lipstick or even go Glam w red. So many possibilities this is so good & goof proof!