Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour (all colors)

Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour (all colors)

4.6

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have this in Rose Gold and it's perfection! It has become my go-to for highlighting the corners of my eyes & center of my eye lids. It brightens my eyes and the staying power is great. Think more shimmer, less sparkle. I can't wait to get this in other colors. Highly recommended!

on 1/22/2017 8:08:00 PM

I just have this in Rose Gold but once I can afford it I will definitely be buying more colors. I use this almost every day as a shimmery base on my lid and as a highlight. It's such a gorgeous, glowing color on me, there's no glitter and it's not super shimmery. The lasting power on this is amazing as well it holds out as long as my waterproof liner and mascara.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I heard so much about the Laura Mercier Caviar Stick in Burnished Bronze online. I already had the By Terry Ombre Blackstar Cream Eyeshadow Stick in Brown Perfection. But I read great reviews about the Burnished Bronze. I soon found out that it was hard to get. The department stores in my area were out of stock and when it was restocked, it would sell out almost immediately.

I finally managed to get it at Saks Fifth Avenue. There are times when the hype on a product does not live up to the reality, so I hoped that the effort to buy it would be worth it. Suffice to say, I was not disappointed. This color is a beautiful shimmering deep bronze color that really brings out my green eyes. I love the application. It's smooth and creamy highly pigmented and applies on the lid very easily. I will buff it out all over the lid up to the crease. Then I applied other powder eyeshadows over it. The effect was really quite remarkable. I used NARS Galapagos over it and and the shade was intensified even more. Then I used ABH Cognac over it and again the shade was amped up.

This is a great multi-use product. If you want to just have an easy look, you can apply this cream eyeshadow stick all over the lid. Add maybe a touch of eyeliner and mascara and you are ready to go. But it can also be a great primer underneath other eyeshadows and give them a whole new dimension. I find it to be long lasting and it's easy to get a more dramatic look by applying it again. I have dry skin, so oily lids are not a problem for me. I find that this product has great staying power and doesn't crease during the day.

I cannot think of any cons with this product, except maybe the price. There are cheaper cream eyeshadow sticks with drugstore brands. However, this shade is unmatched. The ability to create so many different looks with one product, is well worth the price.

It's nice when a product lives up to, or exceeds, your expectations. I absolutely love it.

on 11/21/2016 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I feel like I'm the only person who hasn't had success with this product! But I'm glad I got to sample this before splurging on an (expensive) full size, at least. It's such a shame, since the Caviar Sticks are so highly acclaimed.

Rose Gold is a really pretty and versatile shade. It has a super shiny, shimmery finish, not glittery. It's almost too light to utilize as an all-over lid shade I think (looks sort of "off" on my NC15 skintone), but it's the kind of color that everyone can find a use for, whether it be an inner corner highlight or cheekbone highlight or used as a lid shade.

Almost everything about the Caviar Stick is perfect: it applies incredibly smoothly, blends easily, and lasts all day even without primer. However, much to my dismay, it refuses to cooperate with any sort of product applied on top of it. Powder eyeshadows become chunky and blend unevenly and my gel eyeliner looks faded and patchy when I try to draw over it. The only way I can wear this product is all by itself, which I never do, since I can't pull off the chic minimalistic style at all. I need my wings!

Maybe this product is better suited for oily eyelids, who knows.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have this in Copper, which I find is more of a bright gold colour, rather than a redder copper colour(?).

It goes on very easily and blends out like a dream. You can build it up for a more intense shiny look, which is just beautiful. I wore these for almost 12 hours and my normally oily lids did not crease at all (you can see in my video above). I did notice that throughout the day they did feel greasy, so I like to "set" it with a super light dusting of powder just to take away some of that stickiness.

You get a ton of product and it really is a beautiful product. I would say it's very comparable to my Maybelline Color Tattoo in bad to the bronze but it's more golden and more shiny looking. I will definitely check out other colours!

on 8/25/2016 6:22:00 AM

I am seriously tempted to toss all of my eyeshadows and eyeliners in the trash. I ONLY reach for these now. I love them! I can even use them to tightline. They last all day with no smudging.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Didn't like this, especially the steal color shade I bought. Didn't work with my skin tone and was just too dark. Felt very heavy after this stuck and my eyelids felt weighed down. Not sure if waterproof, but this feels bulletproof. Packaging and application is great though so I at least like that part of it.

on 6/1/2016 12:21:00 AM

My very first high end eyeshadow stick and wasn't let down by it!

A bit of background info: currently have blemish / acne prone, oily combo skin and i live in humid conditions at about 91.4°F on an average day. I have also extremely oily eyelids as well and so far out of all the eye primers i have tried (be it drugstore or highend), only Urban Decay's primer potion works amazingly with no creasing at all on me.

I got the shade Burnished Bronze and was tempted to buy after watching ChloeMorello use it on YT. I pretty much only wear brown neutral shades on my eyes so this shade fits perfectly.

Pros:
+ sets pretty quickly once applied (the texture after it sets is v similar to the primer potion texture as well)

+ longevity is very good (i work in the makeup industry so my makeup has to be long lasting up to 12 hrs and this stayed on just fine with no creasing at all!)

+ highly pigmented (if you prefer a light look just go a light sweep on your lids)

+ buildable pigmentation (dark smokey eye? you can easily apply another layer for a more intense look)

+ packaging, very compact and sleek. at first glance i would think this is worth the price.
+ many colours for you to choose from

Cons:
- pricing
- product doesn't seem like you are getting a lot

While i live outside of US hence prices are much higher, however judging by the amount contained in the product doesn't seem like it is a lot, and you may use up quite fast.

However i do understand that you are not just paying the price for the product alone but also the branding as well.

I'll be completely honest - i haven't gone around to comparing and checking whether the amount of eyeshadow you get in this stick is more than a regular drugstore eyeshadow stick. And, is there really some sort of caviar inside this product?

As a consumer, i really don't know. And in truth not every consumer will bother to check the ingredients listed (unless you have really sensitive lids). When I think of caviar i think about skincare, luxury and bring about many anti aging benefits (maybe its just me idk).

Will i repurchase? Definitely. This is one of the best eyeshadow sticks out in the market that is very long lasting. This tops the list at the moment without a doubt. Are there any improvements to be made? I do think so, i do prefer the price to be slightly lower, because somehow i do feel that the product given isn't really a lot. But even if the price doesn't drop, i'll somehow still save that money to purchase a new one if I run out.

Hope this helps!

on 5/21/2016 10:18:00 PM

I received a the Caviar Stick in Copper in a Sephora kit. I have wanted to try these due to the hype. I really like the stick form which allows for easy application.

PROS:
- Literally two seconds applied all over the eyes and your ready to go eye look anywhere and anyplace.
- I also like the formulation which is very creamy, applies smoothly and doesn't tug on my eyelids.
-The shadows were long lasting with primer and blended in well with powder eyeshadows.

CONS:
- I have oily lids and literally the only things that don't crease off without primer are the Maybelline colour tattoos. The Cavier Sticks are no exception and crease without a primer. People who have normal to dry lids will find this formulation long lasting w/o a primer.

Overall I am very happy with this product and might purchase one in the future if it were on sale. I would repurchase these if in a kit or discounted only because I still need a primer. If by magic my lids weren't so oily, I would purchase for the full price.

on 7/23/2015 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Laura Merciers Caviar Stick eyeshadow/liners are wonderfully versatile. I had heard a lot of good things about them on the boards and never tried them until now. They are buttery soft, well pigments, and apply easily. The smooth long wearing formula is great for both dry and oily skin types. The texture is very smooth similar to that of a cream liner, but in pen form making them a great choice for the waterline. I have the shade Seashell which is an off white with gold shimmer, perfect for a brow bone highlighter or brightening up the inner corner of the eye. Lasted all day on me without smearing, fading, migrating, or flaking. I would repurchase and have my eye on several shades.