NYX eyebrow marker

No Image

3.7

Water (Aqua), Alcohol, Glycerin, Pvp, Peg/ppg-14/4 Dimethicone, Red 40 (CI 16035), Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Blue 1 (CI 42090)

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

Great texture, easy and fun to apply, looks natural,... Everything you want in a brow product. BUT TWO SHADES REALLY??????????????????? If you have black or dark brown hair it will work great for you. But light brown and blonde hair nahh unless you like dark eyebrows on you. Its really darker than it looks so I would reccomend the lighter (NYX really???) shade, the medium brown one.

One evening I stupidly decided to shave off both my eyebrows, and then I realized I started my new job the very next day, So I rushed to CVS and bought a ton of eyebrow makeup, this was by far my favorite product of the bunch, this basically saved my face :P
I basically draw on my eyebrows every day :P

on 2/19/2015 1:25:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

Women with oily skin are probably the people who have the most trouble keeping eyebrow makeup in place. So the new semi-permanent "marker" type eyebrow product has been a godsend because it does last longer than any pencil or gel and makes doing your brows super fast. However, because so few of these marker alternatives are available, so is the color choice. The NYX marker is a really good eyebrow marker, but I had to give it an average rating because it comes in only 2 color choices. The product performs very well. It allows you to easily draw in hair-like strokes for a very natural look and once it dries it stays put all day. The problem is that NYX (like some other brands, IT Cosmetics is one) seem to think that "red-brown" is a universal color. The NYX color option "Deep" is a sienna brown which looks VERY much like the red-henna color used for Indian hand decorating. I have medium-olive skin and salt-pepper gray hair. Red eyebrows are not flattering! I noticed that Anastasia of Beverly Hills has gotten the message and added a charcoal color called "Granite" (as well as an ash brown) because all her colors were also too red. So, if your're a redhead you'll enjoy this product, if not you'll have to stick with the labor intensive options of powders and gels.

on 2/12/2015 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

The eyebrow markers worked okay, the product stay put for several hours but not long lasting. I purchased both light and dark brown and they did do a good job of filling in sparse areas of the the brow. I do like a pencil better to fill in my eyebrows, and for long lasting waterproof I prefer MAC pencil but overall this product wasn't bad. I'm not sure if I would ever purchase the product again maybe if the formula was more long lasting I would. I will recommend this product to someone who likes a more natural eye brow look.

on 12/14/2014 8:06:00 PM

Awesome easy brows and hard to overdo if you get a light shade. My new brow favorite.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this is a wonderful product! I have unruly natural dark & thick brows that I have finally gotten to a great shape after over plucking in my teen years! ! I just use to fill in a couple places where I have sparse brows. I have used a much more expensive "brow marker" & I like this one best. The color medium works great for me. it stays on all day compared to pencils I have used as well. I would definitely recommend! !

on 9/1/2014 10:30:00 PM

I bought this item at CVS and got the EBM02 Deep color. Earlier this morning I put it on and hours later it turned like a greenish black color. I tried removing it with a make up cloth and it tinted my eyebrows and skin. It was horrible. I have combination skin and this product for me sucked!! Never again am I buying this brand!!!

on 7/10/2014 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I couldn't stop looking in the mirror! I was seeing brows as if I was in my twenties again! Uh, back then I foolishly plucked myself to death, and the brows never returned again to their original state. Fair-skinned Irish girls should not pluck.

TY to the mua reviewer who mentioned Milani. Will try that as well. July 2014 in PA, Ulta has BO/50, so going out for another brush. Don't know how long this will last as very fine tipped and can't see product in tube. They DO NOT have in light/blonde, but using a light touch. It's amazing how one little tweak can put a spring in our post-menopausal steps...I'll take it..

Edit: Oh well, the tube dried out within days making it almost impossible to create the fine brow hairs. Returned the second one I bought at Ulta as hadn't even opened. Tempted to try a permanent marker from Michael's but probably not safe for eyes. :(

on 5/14/2014 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

So close!! First let me say this is my first go at brow markers so I have nothing to compare it to, brand wise. I have used powders, pencils, and waxes. This marker is hands down my fave. You can sketch in "hairs" easily, can build a brow, darken too light hairs, and keep it as natural or as defined as you like. Downside- not water resistant, so I wouldn't trust it to a workout, rainstorm, or sad movie. It does seem to last in dry conditions though. The major issue that would keep me from buying again is that is pulls MAJOR RED on me. I have light to medium brown brows and have such a hard time with this! Seriously almost like auburn. I'm so sad.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Anyone who knows me knows I am big on brows. I have none (thank you mom for the genetics) I tattooed them on in brush strokes years back and it wasn't for me. I also use and love the Milani pen. In fact it's my favorite pen. I'm very tenured with brows and I brush stroke my brows every day. The look of a nicely drawn brow is an art and therefore requires a great quality pen.

This pen is nice and the color is great and even. It's got a perfectly precise tip.

This marker while its a color dupe for the anastasia marker it's only just that. This pen falls short on one big expectation I have for brow pens. This is long lasting but it's not water resistant which is very important when applying an ink. I went out in a bad rain storm and they leaked right off.

This is a cheap pen so I can't complain too much. It meets all my expectations except water resistance. I use this on dry days and if Milani we're ever gone off the earth (which would heart break me) I'd buy the Korean brand pens because they stay put. (which I have as well but they are pretty costly and the Milani one is cheaper, more accesible and the color is awesome)

Overall when this runs dry I won't buy again. I live in Vancouver and it rains pretty much everyday so this won't do.

Popular Brows Products