Shea Moisture Organic Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie

Shea Moisture Organic Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie

3.9

Deionized Water, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)*, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut ) Oil*, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Magnifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter*, Persea Gratissima (Avacado) Oil, Vegetable Glycerin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Silk Protein, Ammonium Salt, Melia Azadiratcha (Neem) Seed Oil,Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed oil, Sorbitol Esters, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B-5), Caprylyl Glycol, Essential Oil Blend, Lonicera Caprifolium (honeysuckle) Flower (and) Lonicera Japonica (Japanese Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Hibiscus Flower Extract

on 3/16/2019 10:13:00 PM

(I have 2b/c hair) This works great in combination with LA Looks gel. Feels almost like a conditioning treatment, not just a styler.

on 2/16/2019 5:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Not sure what people talk about when they say this is too greasy. The product created some dry and frizzy curl which made me wash my hair instantly. My hair is long and pretty healthy but this also caused some hair shedding. Not recommended at all.

on 2/16/2019 12:21:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I have 2a-2b wavy hair. I have been embracing my hair pattern in its natural state lately but have been having a hard time finding product to tame the major frizz I get after air drying. I’d heard of those product before but thought it would be too heavy for my hair type (even though my hair is very thick). I finally bought the tube at target for 3.99 the other day and scrunched it in after showering. I was left with completely frizz free and defined waves. My hair is also so soft, even on day two! I love this stuff and it’s so much better than the more expensive products out there!

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

A staple in my hair routine. Softens and holds moisture in. I love this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Those people arent lying when they say this is the OG curly hair product. I regret not trying this earlier only for the scent of this product, it smells like milk candy/nougat taffy, just delicious. In terms of performance, it defines my hair in smaller ringlets, without too much elongation. The volume was OK, a lot of ringlets, curls aren't stringy, nice shine and softness, controls enough frizz- the perfect balance. For me this product suprisingly isnt heavy or greasy unlike what some people have claimed, as long as I dont try to use too much. The consistency isnt that thick, imo. My hair is very fine, 2c and low porosity. It has to be paired with a hard hold gel, for my hair type this isnt a one and done product. However, there are other curl creams/smoothies out there in the market that performs about the same and cheaper too. So this products is replacable, but I'll go back for it just for the smell and I like the Shea Moisture brand as well.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Made my hair hard. Hated the scent. Shea mostly products dry out my hair instead of doing what I had expected them to. My protein sensitive hair hates it, as it does Shea's butter by itself.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

In regards to my hair, I have a naturally loose curl pattern, plus my hair is fine textured, low density, of high porosity, and I suffer with scalp eczema as well. I have purchased this product in and off throughout the years, because I have seen it work do well for a lot of individuals with curly hair. I am used to using heavy products in my hair, so that is not a major factor towards me not sticking with this product for long, after each time, I've bought it. This product is both greasy and drying to my hair, at thane which is weird, but that's just how it reacts with my hair. It seems like it doesn't fully absorb, even after the whiteness from it is gone, after I rub the product through my hair. It's like it's only costing the top and the bottom layer is not getting enough moisture at all. I also feel that the smell is very tropical in nature, and can be considered to be a bit strong. However, just about all of Shea Moisture's products have sort of strong scents to them, so that pretty much can be totally expected. However, with the Jamaican Black Castor Oil Smoothie, it has a lighter scent than this smoothie, and I have had more success with it. However, I am not 100% ready to give up on trying to get the Curl Enhancing Smoothie to work for me. Which is why, I am still open to buying it again. I will say this that none of the smoothies that I have tried from Shea Moisture are very curl enhancing yo my hair. However, I honestly don't look for products to greatly enhance my curls, as there's only a very, very small amount of products that I've ever tried that's ever done so, and that happens to be gels, and I have learned that my hair much prefers creams over gels, due to the increased hydration that they provide, which my hair desperately needs on a day-to-day basis. With most curly hair products, all that they mainly do is naturally enhance what I already have on top of my head. And, I'm good with that. When it comes to frizz, I only get frizz, if the product that I am using in my hair is a crappy product, and doesn't agree with my hair at all and never will. So, normally, i don't deal with major frizz issues, and the Curl Enhancing Smoothie, has allowed for my hair to remain frizz free while I have had it in it. Whrn it comes to my method of applying g this stuff, I do do in sections (on soaking wet hair), and I detangle my hair with a brush very thoroughly, before moving on to the next section. Lastly, I let my hair air dry. i do this method with every hair product that I choose to apply in my hair. It helps for me to keep my hair frizz free, and it also helps with increased curl elongation as well, versus my just using my fingers (which I have tried before and that only has equaled to major shrinkage and frizz) or using wide toothed comb (which works better than just using my fingers, but doesn't give me the type of desired look to my curls that I really like overall.

I have gone through trying quite a number of products from Shea Moisture, ever since they started in stores and I have gone through my ups and down with the line, however, I still plan to continue to support the line, because I have a scalp disorder and it is very rare to find products that do not cause major flare ups for my scalp, plus, my hair is naturally very dry, even though it is loose textured, and my hair craves a lot of moisture. and I don't see where Shea Moisture pits harmful ingredients in their products. They put natural as well as many organic ingredients in their products, do they do show that they are very conscious about selling products that people can really trust.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

This is more of a reminder for myself because I have mis-purchased this twice, mistaking it for the Deep Treatment Masque that I prefer. I find the Smoothie to be too heavy and oily for my 3B curls. It has no detangling power whatsoever and just sits on my hair. I don't think it adds shine or reduces frizz at all. But everyone's curls are different, though, so YMMV.

on 11/12/2017 4:47:00 PM

Decent enough product. I've used it as a leave-in conditioner for months, and it keeps my curls from frizzing out. It's easy to use too much, though, and it can sometimes make my hair feel weighed down. Doesn't do much to moisturize, either. My hair is just as brittle now as it was when I started using it.

It smells so good!! The price very affordable it's more suitable for someone with thick curly hair, the consistency is very thick and heavy for my hair didn't work for me