Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie

Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie

3.8

Deionized Water, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)*, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut ) Oil*, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Magnifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter*, Persea Gratissima (Avacado) Oil, Vegetable Glycerin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Silk Protein, Ammonium Salt, Melia Azadiratcha (Neem) Seed Oil,Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed oil, Sorbitol Esters, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B-5), Caprylyl Glycol, Essential Oil Blend, Lonicera Caprifolium (honeysuckle) Flower (and) Lonicera Japonica (Japanese Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Hibiscus Flower Extract

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Made my hair hard. Hated the scent. Shea mostly products dry out my hair instead of doing what I had expected them to. My protein sensitive hair hates it, as it does Shea's butter by itself.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

In regards to my hair, I have a naturally loose curl pattern, plus my hair is fine textured, low density, of high porosity, and I suffer with scalp eczema as well. I have purchased this product in and off throughout the years, because I have seen it work do well for a lot of individuals with curly hair. I am used to using heavy products in my hair, so that is not a major factor towards me not sticking with this product for long, after each time, I've bought it. This product is both greasy and drying to my hair, at thane which is weird, but that's just how it reacts with my hair. It seems like it doesn't fully absorb, even after the whiteness from it is gone, after I rub the product through my hair. It's like it's only costing the top and the bottom layer is not getting enough moisture at all. I also feel that the smell is very tropical in nature, and can be considered to be a bit strong. However, just about all of Shea Moisture's products have sort of strong scents to them, so that pretty much can be totally expected. However, with the Jamaican Black Castor Oil Smoothie, it has a lighter scent than this smoothie, and I have had more success with it. However, I am not 100% ready to give up on trying to get the Curl Enhancing Smoothie to work for me. Which is why, I am still open to buying it again. I will say this that none of the smoothies that I have tried from Shea Moisture are very curl enhancing yo my hair. However, I honestly don't look for products to greatly enhance my curls, as there's only a very, very small amount of products that I've ever tried that's ever done so, and that happens to be gels, and I have learned that my hair much prefers creams over gels, due to the increased hydration that they provide, which my hair desperately needs on a day-to-day basis. With most curly hair products, all that they mainly do is naturally enhance what I already have on top of my head. And, I'm good with that. When it comes to frizz, I only get frizz, if the product that I am using in my hair is a crappy product, and doesn't agree with my hair at all and never will. So, normally, i don't deal with major frizz issues, and the Curl Enhancing Smoothie, has allowed for my hair to remain frizz free while I have had it in it. Whrn it comes to my method of applying g this stuff, I do do in sections (on soaking wet hair), and I detangle my hair with a brush very thoroughly, before moving on to the next section. Lastly, I let my hair air dry. i do this method with every hair product that I choose to apply in my hair. It helps for me to keep my hair frizz free, and it also helps with increased curl elongation as well, versus my just using my fingers (which I have tried before and that only has equaled to major shrinkage and frizz) or using wide toothed comb (which works better than just using my fingers, but doesn't give me the type of desired look to my curls that I really like overall.

I have gone through trying quite a number of products from Shea Moisture, ever since they started in stores and I have gone through my ups and down with the line, however, I still plan to continue to support the line, because I have a scalp disorder and it is very rare to find products that do not cause major flare ups for my scalp, plus, my hair is naturally very dry, even though it is loose textured, and my hair craves a lot of moisture. and I don't see where Shea Moisture pits harmful ingredients in their products. They put natural as well as many organic ingredients in their products, do they do show that they are very conscious about selling products that people can really trust.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

This is more of a reminder for myself because I have mis-purchased this twice, mistaking it for the Deep Treatment Masque that I prefer. I find the Smoothie to be too heavy and oily for my 3B curls. It has no detangling power whatsoever and just sits on my hair. I don't think it adds shine or reduces frizz at all. But everyone's curls are different, though, so YMMV.

on 11/12/2017 4:47:00 PM

Decent enough product. I've used it as a leave-in conditioner for months, and it keeps my curls from frizzing out. It's easy to use too much, though, and it can sometimes make my hair feel weighed down. Doesn't do much to moisturize, either. My hair is just as brittle now as it was when I started using it.

It smells so good!! The price very affordable it's more suitable for someone with thick curly hair, the consistency is very thick and heavy for my hair didn't work for me

on 10/20/2017 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I’ve read a lot of comments about this product. Like it’s the holy grail of curls. And guess what, it is !!! Nobody sells this product in my country so I ordered a pack of 3 from amazon. Although it cost me double the price it actually is ... it does worth it ! My 3c sometimes 4a curls are defined. I use it on my LOC routine with African pride olive oil leave in conditioner. And there’s ... No frizz. Not crunchy. Very juicy bouncing curls and I have received so many compliments about my hair since I’m using it. My hair has a definition that has never had before !! And I just love it !!!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is a great product for many hair types that are thick. It brings out the natural curls and waves. I have 2B long blonde hair. this product gives me "beachy waves" with minimal styling time (5-10 min.) The scent is heavenly like most Shea Moisture products, and the hold of this product lasts for over 24 hours, even with humidity. When I use this product, humidity, temp, etc. does not alter it's hold. The packaging is convenient, I like the jar so I don't waste any product. The texture is kind of gooey, I l always rub it between my hands then apply. Repeat as many times as needed. So another A+ #SheaMoisture products Also, this product is good for your hair, it contains neem oil which encourages hair growth and contains coconut oil as well.

on 9/30/2017 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

First thing after opening, smell. Imagine being in the painting "The Birth of Venus". That's how amazing it smells. Great product. I have type 4b/c hair and it shuts the moisture in my hair nicely, considering my hair is low porosity. And after you wash the product out, it leaves your hair soft and silky. This is a great value considering the price, especially since the amount you get will last longer then a month. I will keep buying this until i die.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This was not a great product. It's supposed to add moisture and shine. It leaves my hair dry and frizzy. Exactly the opposite of what I am going for. If I wanted dry and frizzy, I wouldn't have wasted $13 on this worthless product.

on 6/7/2017 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Overall it is a decent product. It has good ingredients and doesnt dry my dry hair. I usually use hair mousse for my curly / wavy hair but when I use this i dont need to. It gives a texture and stops freeze. The only con about this product is that my hair feels dirty after a day when I use this product.