Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie

Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie

3.9

Deionized Water, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)*, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut ) Oil*, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Magnifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter*, Persea Gratissima (Avacado) Oil, Vegetable Glycerin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Silk Protein, Ammonium Salt, Melia Azadiratcha (Neem) Seed Oil,Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed oil, Sorbitol Esters, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B-5), Caprylyl Glycol, Essential Oil Blend, Lonicera Caprifolium (honeysuckle) Flower (and) Lonicera Japonica (Japanese Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Hibiscus Flower Extract

on 3/13/2017 10:17:00 PM

This smells delicious, feels like cake batter, and it makes my long, super-thick, coarse, dry, wavy hair soft. But it doesn't have much hold, it doesn't help with frizz, and it actually adds volume, which I most definitely do not need since my hair is already too thick.

on 12/13/2016 4:24:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have fine, wavy-to-curly hair and used this product for a very basic wash-and-go style. It was a little tricky, but rewarding in the end, not to mention super nourishing and moisturizing, I've noticed my hair growing out better with less frizzy breakage after using it for a couple months.

It's tough to find just the right amount. I use about a third of what I would use for conditioner, and use my palms to thin it down and distribute throughout different layers of my hair. The ends obviously benefit most from a treatment like this, but I've found that if I just do the ends, it gets weighed down and frizzy in the middle. It's less heavy and more balanced to do all of it, but I have to be super gentle with the roots or they'll go greasy. With just enough, the roots get a natural kind of volume lift and curl that I really really like, and I don't get from many other products.

It's also worth mentioning that this gives your curls an amazing soft bouncy texture, they actually move like hair instead of having that shiny crunch-over-frizz that most curl enhancers will give. It definitely works best on very freshly damp hair, towel drying too much or over-scrunching your curls will make them much less defined with this treatment. It also transitions into really pretty second day hair, giving it a soft beachy-wavy texture and making it easier to add volume.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

a lil goes a long way which is wonderful for my long, dense, super curly hair. I put a dot into each section to reduce frizz, add moisture, and it works as a leavein/styler blend. I pair it with mousse for a finished look but u could def use gel.

I dont do LOC or LCO because my hair is too fine with low porosity. this works as a replacement for an oil for me.

on 10/13/2016 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This product is marketed towards folks with thick curly hair but I really wanted to try it because it had great ingredients. Thus stuff smells really really yummy (it reminds me of Jujubes!). Unfortunately, this product in no way helps define my curls but it does provide nice sheen and a slight hold for twist-outs and braid-outs. Also, I while this product is advertised as a moisturizer I find it works best, for me, as an sealant and does keep my hair soft. So why the 3 star rating. Well, I feel the product is good but it gives me crazy build up on day one. Its texture and consistency makes it a great product for twisting but it leaves my strands coated and flaking. I can only use it right before I wash or I am left with hair covered in buildup! I will definitely finish the one I have but I doubt I will rebuy! This may work better on corse hair.

Can't stand the overpowering fruity smell, but it really moisturizes my thick, dry curly hair and tames the frizz.
I need a deep moisturizing cream that is natural, no bad chemicals, so I'll use this up but still on the lookout for a natural product that smells subtle or neutral.

on 8/28/2016 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I really wanted to like this product because I read a lot of great reviews but unfortunately it's not for me. I have type 4 hair and decided to use this to twist my dry hair. It smelled great and after applying it and brushing my hair, my curls quickly sprung to life. But after twisting my hair and going to sleep, I took down/out my twists and the smoothie left my hair feeling very heavy and greasy. By the end of the day it left my hair flakey and the following day the smell of the product was overwhelming. I tried it again two weeks later on my wet hair and although it did help to define my curls, again it felt greasy and once it dried it flaked causing me to wash my hair again the very next day. Definitely not for someone with my hair type

on 8/17/2016 4:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I really love this product I've been using it for a while now. it does a great job at defining my curls and it's really thick which I like because it really packed in the moisture . the only thing is I have to take breaks from using this product because although the smell is wonderful (Like coconuts and pineapples) after a while it gets a little sickening because it's so strong. If it wasn't for that I would have given it 5 stars.

on 8/3/2016 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Like this product

I am a redhead with 2c very coarse, extremely prone to frizz, but yet fine hair. It was months and months I wanted to try this smoothie but I was always intimidated by the fact it is mainly marketed towards ethnic hair. Well finally I did try it, and wow, amazing. I have to add that I live in South Florida and that it is July now and humidity is brutal. This smoothie is just fantastic in providing curl definition and frizz protection. I was afraid it could make my hair too greasy but it didn't. I paired it with kinky curly custard on wet hair to seal moisture and it worked beautifully. It works incredibly well to revive 2nd and 3rd day hair too. A winner.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Love this product for reducing frizz and shaping curls, I've been using it for over 2 1/2 years now. The scent is very fruity and tropical, the texture is thick and creamy. It's best applied with a light hand and built up if necessary, otherwise it can be greasy. I avoid using it at the roots of my hair, instead I use the Shea Moisture JBCO leave-in for the flyaway hairs near the roots. The tub isn't the most convenient packaging as it's quite large and clunky, instead I buy it in the smaller tube so that I can with it for on-the-go touch ups. I have wavy/curly hair that tends to be dry and is currently hip length so I only use gentle products for it, all Shea Moisture products with the exception of using Neutrogena's Triple Moisture Mask every third wash. After shampooing + conditioning I apply the Shea Moisture JBCO leave-in to damp hair, add the Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Reconstructive Finishing Elixir after the leave-in absorbs and the finally the Curl Enhancing Smoothie. Sometimes I switch between using the smoothie second and the elixir third. I continue styling with all three until the next wash cycle.

Popular Hair Products