Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie

Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie

3.9

Deionized Water, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)*, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut ) Oil*, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Magnifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter*, Persea Gratissima (Avacado) Oil, Vegetable Glycerin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Silk Protein, Ammonium Salt, Melia Azadiratcha (Neem) Seed Oil,Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed oil, Sorbitol Esters, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B-5), Caprylyl Glycol, Essential Oil Blend, Lonicera Caprifolium (honeysuckle) Flower (and) Lonicera Japonica (Japanese Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Hibiscus Flower Extract

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

This is more of a reminder for myself because I have mis-purchased this twice, mistaking it for the Deep Treatment Masque that I prefer. I find the Smoothie to be too heavy and oily for my 3B curls. It has no detangling power whatsoever and just sits on my hair. I don't think it adds shine or reduces frizz at all. But everyone's curls are different, though, so YMMV.

on 11/12/2017 4:47:00 PM

Decent enough product. I've used it as a leave-in conditioner for months, and it keeps my curls from frizzing out. It's easy to use too much, though, and it can sometimes make my hair feel weighed down. Doesn't do much to moisturize, either. My hair is just as brittle now as it was when I started using it.

on 10/20/2017 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I’ve read a lot of comments about this product. Like it’s the holy grail of curls. And guess what, it is !!! Nobody sells this product in my country so I ordered a pack of 3 from amazon. Although it cost me double the price it actually is ... it does worth it ! My 3c sometimes 4a curls are defined. I use it on my LOC routine with African pride olive oil leave in conditioner. And there’s ... No frizz. Not crunchy. Very juicy bouncing curls and I have received so many compliments about my hair since I’m using it. My hair has a definition that has never had before !! And I just love it !!!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is a great product for many hair types that are thick. It brings out the natural curls and waves. I have 2B long blonde hair. this product gives me "beachy waves" with minimal styling time (5-10 min.) The scent is heavenly like most Shea Moisture products, and the hold of this product lasts for over 24 hours, even with humidity. When I use this product, humidity, temp, etc. does not alter it's hold. The packaging is convenient, I like the jar so I don't waste any product. The texture is kind of gooey, I l always rub it between my hands then apply. Repeat as many times as needed. So another A+ #SheaMoisture products Also, this product is good for your hair, it contains neem oil which encourages hair growth and contains coconut oil as well.

on 9/30/2017 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

First thing after opening, smell. Imagine being in the painting "The Birth of Venus". That's how amazing it smells. Great product. I have type 4b/c hair and it shuts the moisture in my hair nicely, considering my hair is low porosity. And after you wash the product out, it leaves your hair soft and silky. This is a great value considering the price, especially since the amount you get will last longer then a month. I will keep buying this until i die.

It smells so good!! The price very affordable it's more suitable for someone with thick curly hair, the consistency is very thick and heavy for my hair didn't work for me

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This was not a great product. It's supposed to add moisture and shine. It leaves my hair dry and frizzy. Exactly the opposite of what I am going for. If I wanted dry and frizzy, I wouldn't have wasted $13 on this worthless product.

on 3/13/2017 10:17:00 PM

This smells delicious, feels like cake batter, and it makes my long, super-thick, coarse, dry, wavy hair soft. But it doesn't have much hold, it doesn't help with frizz, and it actually adds volume, which I most definitely do not need since my hair is already too thick.

on 6/7/2017 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Overall it is a decent product. It has good ingredients and doesnt dry my dry hair. I usually use hair mousse for my curly / wavy hair but when I use this i dont need to. It gives a texture and stops freeze. The only con about this product is that my hair feels dirty after a day when I use this product.

on 12/13/2016 4:24:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have fine, wavy-to-curly hair and used this product for a very basic wash-and-go style. It was a little tricky, but rewarding in the end, not to mention super nourishing and moisturizing, I've noticed my hair growing out better with less frizzy breakage after using it for a couple months.

It's tough to find just the right amount. I use about a third of what I would use for conditioner, and use my palms to thin it down and distribute throughout different layers of my hair. The ends obviously benefit most from a treatment like this, but I've found that if I just do the ends, it gets weighed down and frizzy in the middle. It's less heavy and more balanced to do all of it, but I have to be super gentle with the roots or they'll go greasy. With just enough, the roots get a natural kind of volume lift and curl that I really really like, and I don't get from many other products.

It's also worth mentioning that this gives your curls an amazing soft bouncy texture, they actually move like hair instead of having that shiny crunch-over-frizz that most curl enhancers will give. It definitely works best on very freshly damp hair, towel drying too much or over-scrunching your curls will make them much less defined with this treatment. It also transitions into really pretty second day hair, giving it a soft beachy-wavy texture and making it easier to add volume.

Popular Hair Products