Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie

Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie

3.9

Deionized Water, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)*, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut ) Oil*, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Magnifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter*, Persea Gratissima (Avacado) Oil, Vegetable Glycerin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Silk Protein, Ammonium Salt, Melia Azadiratcha (Neem) Seed Oil,Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed oil, Sorbitol Esters, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B-5), Caprylyl Glycol, Essential Oil Blend, Lonicera Caprifolium (honeysuckle) Flower (and) Lonicera Japonica (Japanese Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Hibiscus Flower Extract

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This was not a great product. It's supposed to add moisture and shine. It leaves my hair dry and frizzy. Exactly the opposite of what I am going for. If I wanted dry and frizzy, I wouldn't have wasted $13 on this worthless product.

on 6/7/2017 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Overall it is a decent product. It has good ingredients and doesnt dry my dry hair. I usually use hair mousse for my curly / wavy hair but when I use this i dont need to. It gives a texture and stops freeze. The only con about this product is that my hair feels dirty after a day when I use this product.

on 3/13/2017 10:17:00 PM

This smells delicious, feels like cake batter, and it makes my long, super-thick, coarse, dry, wavy hair soft. But it doesn't have much hold, it doesn't help with frizz, and it actually adds volume, which I most definitely do not need since my hair is already too thick.

on 12/13/2016 4:24:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have fine, wavy-to-curly hair and used this product for a very basic wash-and-go style. It was a little tricky, but rewarding in the end, not to mention super nourishing and moisturizing, I've noticed my hair growing out better with less frizzy breakage after using it for a couple months.

It's tough to find just the right amount. I use about a third of what I would use for conditioner, and use my palms to thin it down and distribute throughout different layers of my hair. The ends obviously benefit most from a treatment like this, but I've found that if I just do the ends, it gets weighed down and frizzy in the middle. It's less heavy and more balanced to do all of it, but I have to be super gentle with the roots or they'll go greasy. With just enough, the roots get a natural kind of volume lift and curl that I really really like, and I don't get from many other products.

It's also worth mentioning that this gives your curls an amazing soft bouncy texture, they actually move like hair instead of having that shiny crunch-over-frizz that most curl enhancers will give. It definitely works best on very freshly damp hair, towel drying too much or over-scrunching your curls will make them much less defined with this treatment. It also transitions into really pretty second day hair, giving it a soft beachy-wavy texture and making it easier to add volume.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

a lil goes a long way which is wonderful for my long, dense, super curly hair. I put a dot into each section to reduce frizz, add moisture, and it works as a leavein/styler blend. I pair it with mousse for a finished look but u could def use gel.

I dont do LOC or LCO because my hair is too fine with low porosity. this works as a replacement for an oil for me.

on 10/13/2016 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This product is marketed towards folks with thick curly hair but I really wanted to try it because it had great ingredients. Thus stuff smells really really yummy (it reminds me of Jujubes!). Unfortunately, this product in no way helps define my curls but it does provide nice sheen and a slight hold for twist-outs and braid-outs. Also, I while this product is advertised as a moisturizer I find it works best, for me, as an sealant and does keep my hair soft. So why the 3 star rating. Well, I feel the product is good but it gives me crazy build up on day one. Its texture and consistency makes it a great product for twisting but it leaves my strands coated and flaking. I can only use it right before I wash or I am left with hair covered in buildup! I will definitely finish the one I have but I doubt I will rebuy! This may work better on corse hair.

Can't stand the overpowering fruity smell, but it really moisturizes my thick, dry curly hair and tames the frizz.
I need a deep moisturizing cream that is natural, no bad chemicals, so I'll use this up but still on the lookout for a natural product that smells subtle or neutral.

on 8/28/2016 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I really wanted to like this product because I read a lot of great reviews but unfortunately it's not for me. I have type 4 hair and decided to use this to twist my dry hair. It smelled great and after applying it and brushing my hair, my curls quickly sprung to life. But after twisting my hair and going to sleep, I took down/out my twists and the smoothie left my hair feeling very heavy and greasy. By the end of the day it left my hair flakey and the following day the smell of the product was overwhelming. I tried it again two weeks later on my wet hair and although it did help to define my curls, again it felt greasy and once it dried it flaked causing me to wash my hair again the very next day. Definitely not for someone with my hair type

on 8/17/2016 4:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I really love this product I've been using it for a while now. it does a great job at defining my curls and it's really thick which I like because it really packed in the moisture . the only thing is I have to take breaks from using this product because although the smell is wonderful (Like coconuts and pineapples) after a while it gets a little sickening because it's so strong. If it wasn't for that I would have given it 5 stars.

on 8/3/2016 10:46:00 AM