Aussie Heat Protecting Shine Spray

Aussie Heat Protecting Shine Spray

3.1

Water, Alcohol Denatured, PVP, Quaternium 80, Propylene Glycol, Panthenol, Laurdimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Collagen, Cetyl Alcohol, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Fragrance, Tocopheryl Acetate, Styrene VP Copolymer, PEG 25 PABA, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben

a good product but not the best. it suits oily hair better as it has a non greasy formula
for me it helps me blow drying my hair faster but it made it a bit more dry

on 5/10/2016 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

If you ran out or lost this product would you buy it again?

I'm up in the air with this Aussie product. I was also up in the air with Aussies spray leave-in conditioner - maybe it's because these products tend to build up SUPER fast in my long thin but lots of it hair? I do a clarifying wash weekly - and it just seems that this product, since it's a protection product and adds something to your hair, it makes is feel thick - almost heavy and weighed down - but not fully. So I'm left wondering how much my hair really needs this product. I don't use a flat iron, so my heat stress is pretty low - but I do love the smell of this stuff.

Like everyone else, I hated the single shootout spray - so I poured this into a cheap, $1 travel-sized plastic bottle from the travel section at Walmart. Works so much better that way. I will say - a little goes a long way with this product.

I think, in the end, this stuff does give my hair a "thicker" feel to it. Not slimy or thin.

To Read all 38 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love the trigger spray packaging!! That is awesome! I also love the signature Aussie scent. I bought this when I was broke & kind of needed something in my budget ($3 is gr8 coz I normally spend like ~$20 on matrix or other salon quality flat iron sprays), like was expressed below, I *hope* sincerely this was protecting my hair but Matrix (idk what they call it but it's the orange 1), is much better but it's $18.99 when Aussie is $3 so YES!! price is a big consideration to me when buying a product. I wash my hair ev 4-5 days (it is also dry!), w the Matrix I don't have to touch up as much but w Aussie I have to flat iron it twice a day well at least touch up which kind of fries ur hair easier I think so to preserve my hair I "must" I feel, buy Matrix or other salon brands rather than risk getting damage instead sorry Aussie I love all of ur other products so much I just wonder how much good this is doing if I have to touch it up so much!? If I didn't have such stubbornly curly hair this would suffice!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

This was ok not bad but I think I like my tresemme better

on 5/17/2014 12:59:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This really didn't work well with my hair. I have processed hair abit on the dry side and this dried it out completely. Price is fine, smell is off putting and it doesn't squirt out of the bottle very well. I had to spray it on my hands then apply it to my hair. Won't buy again. So again, this product may be on the lighter side of a budget its not worth it when it makes your hair look and feel like straw.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

The product inside this is great. It smells nice and it's not sticky and heavy like a lot of heat protectors are. Its light weight and dries quickly and I find it even de-tangles my hair a bit and leaves a light shine. If I could change anything about this product it would definitely be the package. I am attracted to spray bottles for heat protectors but this one is horrid. It squirts it out in a single stream hitting only one spot of your hair. My solution: I squirt it onto my hands first and then run my fingers through my hair with the product. Though the bottle is something that is aggravating, Aussie still really has some of the cheapest products out there (it was like 2 something for this bottle at Wal-mart) and they all smell great and usually work well. If you're still searching for a heat protector that isn't sticky or heavy try this one out, you may be surprised!

The spray bottle is a pain, but I do love this heat protectant. At first I read positive reviews on Tresemmes, but after I purchased it I hated it. I used it first to straighten my hair and after it dried my hair felt brittle and weak, the opposite of what it should.

I went out and tried Aussie's and wow, it adds lots of shine to my hair and seriously makes it feel so silky and smooth! I will never use heat on my hair without this product again.

on 8/23/2013 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm very new to world of flat irons and heat protectant sprays. I bought this because it sounded good and I'm a fan of the Instant Freeze hair spray. As said by many, the nozzle just plain sucks so I poured the contents into a different spray bottle. Ahh, much easier. As a comparison, I used this with got2be Guardian Angel on one side and Insurance spray on the other. The Aussie left my hair smoother, shinier and less prone to frizz once I stepped outside into the humidity-laden morning air. It's easy to brush out and doesn't leave my hair feeling sticky, heavy or gross. When I blow-dry, I spray on a section, wrap hair around brush, blow-dry and slide brush out - voila, a nice smooth curl. For flat iron, my hair felt alive, not dead or dry. For now, I'm happy.

on 8/15/2013 8:53:00 PM

Makes my hair feel... bleh. I can't even describe it. My hair's soft and silky and then when I spray this in, brush it and dry it or even spray this only before straightening it just feels course and... harsh. I don't feel like this really protects too much either. The spray bottle is awful. It squirts out like Windex and soaks whatever patch of hair it's pointed at. The smell is pleasant, but that's about where it ends. Using this is probably better than putting a straightener on raw hair... I would assume. It made my hair EXTREMELY frizzy as well. I sprayed it on wet hair right out of the shower, flipped my head and blow dried it and even after straightening it my hair looked like humidity had taken it's toll. Humidity is NEVER an issue with my hair since it's naturally straight. I had a briss to go to and was so embarrassed showing up with a poof head. It looked like my hair hadn't even been brushed. I won't repurchase this stuff. I miss the Tresemee heat spray!

I couldn't find the tresemme heat tamer spray so I bought this one. It smells great & it's cheap but it's nothing special.