Paula's Choice RESIST Anti-Aging Clear Skin Hydrator

Paula's Choice RESIST Anti-Aging Clear Skin Hydrator

3.2

Not tested on animals

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane (silicone slip agent), Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate (thickening/skin-conditioning agent), Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer (silicone texture enhancer), Glycerin (skin-identical/repairing ingredient), Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (stabilized vitamin C), Cetyl Alcohol (thickener), Niacinamide (cell-communicating ingredient), Dimethicone (silicone slip agent), Butylene Glycol (slip agent), Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate (thickeners), Polysilicone-11 (film-forming agent), Adenosine (cell-communicating ingredient), Epigallocatechin Gallate (antioxidant), Glucose Oxidase, Lactoperoxidase (skin-clearing agents), Boerhavia Diffusa Root Extract (plant extract/antioxidant), Xanthan Gum (binding agent/emulsifier), Glucose (skin-identical/repairing ingredient), Ceteareth-20 (solubilizing agent), Decyl Glucoside (emulsifier), Citric Acid (pH adjuster), Phenoxyethanol (preservative).

I have oily skin but everything I read says I still need moisturizer. I have yet to find one that doesn't make my face look like a greasy mess. And Paula's Choice Clear Skin Hydrator is no different. I put in on before bed, and woke up to new pimples and my face felt completely nasty and greasy. Plus, it has a weird smell. I hate this product. I am still on the search for a hydrator that won't leave my skin feeling and looking like an oil slick.

on 8/17/2016 5:54:00 AM

This is a moisturizer with a gel like consistency, which sinks in nicely and has great ingredients. However, I think that it probably suits oily skintypes best. I have dehydrated skin and often found that my skin was still “thirsty” after I used this. So for me, it´s not the right product.

on 4/2/2016 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Pros

Calming
Goes On Smoothly
Not Greasy
Smells Great
T-zone Not Too Oily In Am

Cons

Dry Areas Not Moisturized
Sticky
Stings Eye Area

Best Uses

Daily Use

I have oily / normal combination skin that can be a bit extreme, ie, very oily in the oily areas and tending to dry in the normal areas. I tried Resist Anti-Aging Clear Skin Hydrator from several samples in an attempt to find a good product for my skin's challenging needs.

The product is a light tan color, and is a lightweight cream texture. Its natural scent is pleasant--reminds me of uncooked oatmeal. The product applies very smoothly, absorbs quickly, and leaves a slightly sticky, dewy finish.

When I apply it at night, my skin feels hydrated and nourished initially. The next morning, my T-zone, which would normally get super oily with regular moisturizers, is very well behaved with minimal oil. However, my cheeks feel dry and tight. I can't apply this product around my eyes because it stings the delicate skin in that area. However, it is very soothing to the rest of my face, and is great for applying after aggressive treatments like Retin-A.

On the whole, I would say I'm on the fence about Resist Anti-Aging Clear Skin Hydrator. It is definitely worth sampling, especially if your skin tends to the oilier side. Or, it can be used only in oily areas to provide anti-aging properties without creating an oil slick. That in itself is a feat for us oily-skinned people!

on 2/3/2016 9:20:00 AM

This product sounded perfect for me - anti ageing and a bit of help for my clogged pores and occasional monthly spots. However, this is not good for my skin at all - it's winter here so I need hydration, and this just seems to make my skin peel on my nose and leave it looking dry and dull elsewhere. Like others have pointed out, it definitely reddens the skin and makes my face look a bit ruddy under my foundation, which I SO do not want. So glad I only have a large sample of this and not a full jar! Can't comment on any anti ageing affects really as the amount of this I have wouldn't be sufficient for a major change - but what I can tell you is that I've spent the last few days with moisture masks and oils on my skin to try to counteract the dryness that this is not helping with (and may even be causing!) Try before you buy with this product.

I actually wrote a good review on this, but I found out it was stinging my skin. Other people have said the same thing. I'm sure it's because of the active ingredients in it like Niacinamide and Vitamin C. I'm sure tougher skin could tolerate it but mine is slightly sensitive.

on 8/24/2015 12:04:00 PM

I did a Paula's Choice Order maybe a year ago, and this product is still almost full because I can't bring myself to use it.

I only have one problem with it really- it seems to ball up when you spread it out on the skin. Trying to wear makeup over it is laughable. The makeup will seriously just go into balls/clumps of product as you try to blend it in, absolutely hideous.

I ordered 3 other products along with this one from PC, and I loved all of them. And when I have the financial resources to do so, I plan to do another order. But this product has been a complete fail for me.

on 3/25/2015 6:37:00 PM

I'm a huge fan of Paula's Choice products but this might be my least favorite so far. It felt very light, too light to actually be doing anything...yet after a while of using it, I noticed I was getting clogged from it. The smell was very offputting as well. Like ham? Can't put my finger on it but it just wasn't pleasant to use. I love almost everything else from Paula's Choice.

on 1/28/2015 5:05:00 PM

Wow...
1. My skin turned red
2. Worst moisturizer I have ever used in my entire life, does not hydrate, like, at all, period.

Watch out for products of Paula, she uses cheap ingredients only.

on 12/31/2014 5:27:00 PM

This isn't a miracle product since it hasn't really changed my complexion (although to be fair i have only been using a couple weeks). I had not caused breakouts and keeps my skin hydrated enough. Can't say that it is really fading red marks as it claims... at least not drastically. I would repurchase since it is anti aging which i need now entering my 30's as well as fights breakouts that i still seem to battle on a daily basis.

on 11/18/2014 5:40:00 PM

I've worked my way through a number of the moisturisers offered by Paula's Choice over the past couple of years. It's one of the areas I've found them to be lacking in; not awful by any means, just... meh. I had reached a point where I figured I'd better compromise and settle for the Skin Balancing Gel, which I sort of liked, until I tried this Resist one on a whim. I'd previously avoided trying it because of the negative reviews warning against using it on sensitive skin.

I'm so glad I did try those samples and then bought the full product, because this has fast become a favourite of mine! The texture is the best I've ever used in a moisturiser - very light and matte like the Skin Balancing one, but not as synthetic in its feel. It's just perfect for my oily/combination skin; not overpowering it and feeling greasy like a lot of others do, and not so dry that it provokes flaking. As for my sensitivity induced by rosacea, I haven't had a problem at all surprisingly. I think the product over-exaggerates the claim that it can fade red marks from past breakouts, as I haven't seen much evidence of this, but it does smooth my skin's texture and help with more acute blotchiness that I get some days. I only tend to use this product at night, as my toner is enough of a moisturiser for me in the day, but as the Winter creeps in I plan to use it in the mornings too underneath my SPF. It's just the right consistency to provide that little more moisture without pushing it into oil overload.

It is an expensive product; even more so than the other PC offerings, but it seems so much more comprehensive that it's worth it. The pump packaging is also very nice, and feels a lot more deluxe than the tubes used on the other products. If you have oily or combination skin, but like me have struggled with finding that perfect moisturiser, do try some samples of this; I hope you'll be as pleased as I am.