Bare Escentuals Blush in Golden Gate

Bare Escentuals Blush in Golden Gate

4.4

on 4/19/2016 7:17:00 AM

I got a full sized Golden Gate blush in a value pack exclusive to Sephora in JCP stores only (Not online, not in regular Sephoras, they still have some so go check it out...details at end of review).

Golden Gate blush seemed like it would not work for me at first as I pull out orange in any color that has it, in a bad way. And yes, this shade could vary from nice warm glow to being a bit terracotta on me. But it stayed in the "looking nice" side of things and didn't go over to the way too orange side. On me it is definitely a warmer blush. The previous reviewer did a great job describing the shade when she said it is like a burnt pink. It is one of those bronzey, brown peachy pinks. My nw20, deep winter complexion instantly looked more tan upon application. It is quite pigmented and requires some serious brush tapping before applying While this is not the usual pink or berries I pick out, it is quite nice. If you are on a hunt for a summer blush, this just might be it. And if you read this anytime relatively soon, get to your Sephora at JCP and buy this value pack I told you about! It is an amazing deal

As for the JCP / Sephora only value set. For $40 I got 4 FULL SIZE items!:
Golden Gate Blush
NARS Dolce Vita Lipstick
Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Liner
Urban Decay Scratch eyeshadow

I also have a mini Buxom mascara, minie Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair eye cream, and a Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal...all of the above for $39!!!!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Wonderful blush! It's the perfect shade for my NC30 (sometimes 25) skin but it also looks great on my friend who is an NW15. I love the colour-- it's almost a burnt pink.. Or burnt something. I don't know. I just love it!! It stays on my cheeks all day and a little goes a long way. Will be repurchasing until the day I die.

To Read all 80 Reviews, Login or Join

on 9/3/2015 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Deluxe sample from try it kit. I used it as everyday blush over a couple months. I hate the packaging but it was a good, everyday color. Pretty and had a slight highlighting effect. I liked it but won't repurchase.

on 11/25/2014 9:21:00 AM

Love this blush! It is super pigmented, stays on for a long time, and is easy to apply. Now the problem is it, like all bare minerals products, is a bit expensive. It costs $19 for a 0.85 g/ 0.03 Oz container. Even though it is little pricey, I personally think it is worth it!
It has a life expectancy of 12 months. I have had this blush for probably about 9 months and I am not even close to running out. Now I use this blush maybe twice a week, so I'm sure if you used it every day it would obviously run out quicker.
This blush stays on all day long, and very easy to apply. I would recommend using a bareMinerals or other brush that is made for applying blush for the best results. I love the color I have. I actually got it in a sample bag to begin with and I used all of the sample size, so I bought the actual product. The Golden Gate color, is a nice rosey color and on the bareMinerals website is defined as warm apricot. There are 18 available colors, so there is a color for everyone!
The only complaint I have with the packaging of this because it is a loose powder blush, it is very easy to spill and waste some of the product. And wasting an $19 product is not something I want to do.
However, with the new bareMinerals container they have a spinning plastic piece that makes it much nicer to use!

Overall, I love this loose blush and would recommend it for use!

on 11/3/2012 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Golden gate is a really pretty peachy-pink color (Which I have a ton of but this one leans more peach and is extremely pigmented). Because it's so pigmented, you must use a light hand. I learned this the hard way. I'm really heavy handed when it comes to blush, but when I use a light hand with Golden Gate it comes out really pretty and glowy. It photographs beautifully. Golden gate looks better when I'm somewhat tan. I hate the packaging as I feel I lose a lot of product. I wouldn't repurchase because I don't reach for this color enough, and it lasts for forever. With my super pale during the winter it's hard to get it to work for me, but it's a good summer color.

on 1/22/2012 7:36:00 PM

Found this on a makeup tutorial on thesmallthingsblog.com. Would have never tried it otherwise because I disliked the BE foundation. This is a beautiful color. It's taken some practice to get the hang of applying the right amount, but worth it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Perfect color!!! Never streaky.... lasts for quite sometime without me ever having to re-apply.

The color of this blush is very nice for my complexion and I purchased this from Sephora immediately after I swiped a bit of the powder on my wrist. You can build up the color or just apply a small amount of it on your cheeks to get a lighter effect. It's one of those blush colors that suits for everyday use because it looks so natural on you. I've read some reviews saying that it made them break out or itch because there's bismuth in it. I was aware of it, but since I have really dry skin and rarely break out, it did not affect my skin. I've used it for a couple months now and it doesn't hurt my dry, sensitive skin. I like the packaging because you have a plastic twist (don't know how to explain it) where you can block and unblock the opening of the holes so when you travel, the powder doesn't get spilled. However, I'm hoping that Bare Escentuals would make a baked form of this product (like the MAC mineralize blush packaging) because pouring out the powder to apply can be a bit messy sometimes. Maybe I'm clumsy, but I like a quick application in the morning so to tap the powder out onto the lid can be a bit messy for someone like me. It's a shimmery product, but it's not super noticeable on your cheeks....maybe when you're out in the sun. It is a bit pricey ($18), but I think it's a good investment.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I purchased this product about six or seven months ago at Ulta. I had been using my moms blush which had way to much color in it for my age. They recommended this product to me and tried it on my skin. I loved it right then. I have olive skin and get very dark in the summer time. This color is a little light for my skin when I am tan but it still gives me just the pop of color that I want in my cheeks. The nice thing about this color is you can built it on to make it more intense. I just ran out of this product and will definitely be purchasing it again

on 5/11/2011 12:57:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really like this blush, the shade is light yet noticeable and you can build it on if you want more color. It lasts all day and doesn't look artificial.

Popular Blush Products