Lancome Creme Douceur Cream-To-Oil Massage Cleanser

No Image

4.5

Dicaprylyl Ether, Isocetyl Stearate, Aqua/Water/Eau, Glycerin, Beheneth-10, Alcohol Denat, Silica, CI 77891/Titanium Oxide, p-Ansic Acid, Mica, Tocopherol, Ehtylparaben, Chlorhexedine, Digluconate, Nelumbo Nucifera Flower Extract, Limonene, Benzyl Salicylate, Benzyl Alcohol, Rosa Gallica Extract/Rosa Gallica Flower Extract, Methylparaben, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Cryptomeria Japonica Bud Extract, Parfum/Fragrance.

on 4/22/2017 5:40:00 AM

Not discontinued, and a very excellent-but-pricey melting cleanser. This is great!

Lancome's Creme Douceur does a beautiful job of removing all of my makeup, very thorough but gentle too. This cleanser is a cream in the tube but it melts into a silky oil after massaging on the skin. Rinses off cleanly and leaves no film behind

My skin is combo-oily, and this cleanser works beautifully for me. Doesn't bother my eyes at all.

I do find that it leaves my skin feeling slightly dry after rinse-off, but it doesn't last.

Just an excellent product all-around. I will absolutely buy this again. Highly Recommended!! A+++

on 7/2/2016 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Sadly, this cleanser is going to be discontinued soon I've heard. So stock up if you like it! It is a really lovely balm texture that turns into an oil. It is excellent at removing heavy makeup. My skin feels very clean after using this, and when I use a toner afterwards, there is no leftover makeup residue. Such a shame this product is going to be discontinued, but maybe they have something in the works to replace it? To use it, you massage it into dry skin. When you add water to rinse, it turns into an oil. It has an iridescence to it as well. I find it works well for sensitive skin as well. This is definitely a cleanser that you massage into your skin. I imagine you could use a cloth to wipe it off, if you don't want to rinse.

on 7/6/2015 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have dry, sensitive skin and I love cleansing oils. However, they can be messy, and will stain clothes. I love this formula, because it goes on like a thick cream, so you have complete control over where it goes. It's so much easier and tidier to use. It smells nice, although I will admit that I was worried about the fragrance bothering my skin, but so far it's been extremely gentle. My normal Summer makeup is basically waterproof and it's a nightmare to remove at night, but the Creme Doceur melts it off in 30 seconds (without making a mess on my clothes or towels!) I rinse it off with a warm washcloth and then follow with an oil based eye makeup remover and the Lancome Micellar Water, just to be sure I've gotten off every little bit of product. I finish with a heavy moisturizer like CeraVe. When I wake up in the morning, my skin always looks very fresh and hydrated (which is amazing for a person in their 30s with dry skin).

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I'm a newly converted Estee Lauder Double wear user and adore everything about the foundation, apart from how difficult it was to remove at night. I felt like my skin was never clean. I actually work at a makeup counter, so one day I trapsed over to the Lancome counter and asked the girls if they had anything that would remove DW more easily. This is what they reccomended to me, I bought and used it that same day and haven't looked back since! I absolutely love this cleanser, I have oily acne prone skin, so I use my standard cleanser after using this the remove my makeup and they work beautifully together. It feels so gentle but gets every last drop of makeup off, its also scented beautifully. I will continue using this for as long as I use DW and maybe even long after- love it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Considering I have oily skin, I have no idea what enticed me to buy this cream-to-oil cleanser. BUt I'm glad I tried it. It's extremely luxurious and unlike any product I haev ever tried before. It says to apply and massage into dry skin. The feeling is really bizarre because it really feels like oil. But after you emulsify with water, it lathers up and leaves your skin feeling so nouraished without feeling oily. It really does dissolve my face make up. I follow with my normal cleanser but this product is really worth the money.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This was another sample I got from Lancome and if not for the sample would have never tried it. Came in a large sized sample tube and it only takes a nickel size to clean my face so a good deal.

Pros: 1. lightly scented so a plus for them. 2. emulisifies on the skin and breaks down all of your makeup so easily with so little effort. Add a little water and you are done. I rinse and then wash with another cleanser. I have no need for a washcloth or a wipe so I consider that a definite plus for the environment.

Cons: Higher priced than drugstore but see Pros. And Lancome gives sample tubes all of the time. Win/win.

on 9/9/2012 10:23:00 PM

I bought Creme Douceur in 2009 when it had just come out.
Although it is a wonderful product, I find a few faults with it.
First, it is very expensive for the amount you get (125 ml/4.2 fl. oz.) Second, you need a lot to thoroughly get a full face of makeup off. Third, I would much prefer a pump bottle, having to flip the lid and squeeze it out is too much work for me when I am in the bath!
Other than that, this is a great, pampering product, and if they gave more product for what you pay, I would most certainly buy it again!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My most expensive makeup indulgence, I love this $35 cleanser. It feels like a mini-spa. Yes, it's crazy expensive, but I'm hooked. Total luxury, and it cleans my face very well, very gently but thoroughly. Love this product. HG all the way

on 1/14/2012 9:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Not a bad makeup remover but I find I still need a washcloth to remove my makeup, just as I do with my current fav, Galatée Confort. For my dry, sensitive skin, the Creme Douceur and the Galatée Confort work the same and give about the same amount of moisture after cleansing. I see no logical reason to purchase both when the Galatée Confort is doing a great job and ounce per ounce it is cheaper. For those looking for an oil based cleanser and makeup remover, you might want to try the Galatée Confort instead ;-)

This is a cream to oil m/u remover & works very effectively, only don't follow the directions on the tube, it say's to massage into skin then rinse off, well that proved to be ineffective since afterwards I always use a toner to insure there's no m/u residue left on the pad & I had several pads that were FULL OF foundation. However instead of rinsing, tissue it off (now that really worked)then follow with your regular cleanser, then your toner. Your face will be clean as a whistle. It's a very rich cream to oil, feels very luxurious on & spreads as smoothly as whipped butter. Just be sure to use it the way I suggested & you'll love it too.