Lancôme Hypnose Doll Lashes

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Lancôme Hypnose Doll Lashes
Hypnose Doll LashesHypnose Doll LashesLancome Hypnose Doll Eyes mascaraLancome Hypnose Doll EyesLancome Doll Lashes

3.1

Aqua, paraffin, copernicia cerifera cera/carnauba wax, steareth-20, beeswax, acacia senegal gum, alcohol denat, stearteh-2, cetyl alcohol, potassium cetyl phosphate, peg/ppg-17/18 dimethicone, tdi/trimellitic anhydride copolymer, sodium polymethacrylate, silica, 2-oleamido-1/3-octadecanediol, phenethyl alocohol, nylon 12, disodium edta, hydroxyethylcellulose, caprylol glycol, pantehnol, pentylene glycol, polyquaternium-10, sodium dehydroacetate. May contain: CI 77007/ultramarines, CI77491/ CI77499 Iron oxides, mica, d46956/2

on 5/10/2018 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This mascara is the best!! It makes my lashes look like fake lashes - I have received so many compliments. It really lengthens and gives good volume. I noticed it can smudge a little when I am in hot and humid places on holiday, but it works fine back home! I recommend this!

This mascara gives a super dramatic look, but it smudges terribly! I've tried it with thin and thick coatings of Shiseido lash primer to no avail. Even in an air-conditioned office building, it ends up on my cheekbones by lunchtime.

on 7/20/2016 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a nice mascara that has a tapered end, so you can reach the lashes in the inner corner of the eye, and it gives a fanned out effect on the end. It gives volume, length, seperation, and curl. It feels light on the lashes, not clumpy like some mascaras. Another winner from Lancome!

on 8/17/2015 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

In all my mascara testing, I had come to the conclusion that Hypnose was the best one overall and that included Hypnose Drama and Hypnose Doll Lashes. But! I realized that these dry out over a few weeks and become substandard and start giving short lashes with clumps. I can't recommend Doll Lashes because the original Hypnose is superior and doesn't dry out to this extent. I give this 3 stars because it's still better than most, but it's not as good as regular Hypnose.

Update Sept 20/15: I tried this again and it is performing very well. I am raising my rating to four stars. I don't like the pointed brush, but it has the same excellent formula that gives me fluttery, lush, dark, long lashes.

Update Oct 30/15: This has stopped working. I am going to discard it. I have to give a lower rating now because it is not as good as Hypnose or Hypnose Drama, and the small pointy brush is part of the reason I don't like using it. I assume it isn't working now because it is dried out after several weeks. (Note my review for Chanel which is still working after a year and a half.) Overall this is a gimmicky product that is annoying to use and gives inconsistent results. It's better than the cheap brands but not good enough and I won't be buying it again.

Update Apr 1/16: I bought a new one and did a test using this on one eye and a new Diorshow on the other eye. This gave longer lashes than Diorshow, but not as much volume. At the end of the day, this one had not flaked at all, versus 5 or 6 flakes with the Diorshow. So this is the clear winner, plus it is not highly scented like the Diorshow is.

I used to hate this brush because it was small and tapered, but I think they have made the brush bigger. I have no complaints about it. I now rate this 4 stars as it is an excellent mascara. The formula is superior to Diorshow and the results, while dramatic, are never spidery.

Is it as good as regular Hypnose? Right now it seems like it is. Hypnose may give more lush volume but this gives more length. Therefore I love them both. I do know I got a brand new one from the factory which is not always the case. The times I was disappointed, I was probably getting old stock. This is now a must have for me. I've set aside my bargain mascaras since my rashes cleared up and I can use normal things again. I will probably get the Hypnose Drama and Star again as well, since I know this store has brand new stock (as they just started carrying Lancome).

Update May 25/16: This is currently my best mascara. I now like it more than Hypnose or Hypnose Drama. I think I like the tapered brush better than the others in the series. It actually is giving me long lower lashes because it is easier to apply with this brush, and I almost never have nice long lower lashes. This is at least equal and in some ways better and so I am raising it to top marks.

on 10/31/2014 5:45:00 AM

I love the packaging and brush of this mascara. The effect is amazing and my lashes look just perfect. It lasts whole day and the lashes arent clumpy. But I feel like it causes irritation on my eyes. My eyes are itching and full of tears after I use it. This is the reason why I wont buy it again. I dont have it for long time, so I should keep using it for more times and if I find out that the irritation is not caused by this mascara, I will edit this review and give it more points, because the effect is really lovely. Lashes look long and curled. Really like doll lashes.

on 9/12/2014 2:25:00 PM

I truly loved this mascara at first. it looks very natural on the lashes while they are still pop-up quite a bit. But after just a few hours it started to flake. Major disappointment. For the price and brand name I do expect way longer staying power.

Im never sure with mascaras if perhaps I got a bad tube but overall this was a disappointment, I've used regular Hypnose before and liked it fairly well but this didn't seem to do what is claims and I have long lashes that hold curl well. This did nothing to separate and fan out the lashes, nor did it curl. Plus it flaked a little bit, I like the brush shape because it is easy to get to all the lashes though. Overall this is a very average mascara with a big price tag. In my opinion, Dior mascaras or Hypnose are the best if you are willing to lay top dollar.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I wanted this to do what it claimed, but there were no "doll lash" like effects. After two hours the product began to flake black pieces on to the apples of my cheeks. For $20 some odd dollars, you'd think the mascara would at least be able to hold up well. The packaging is awkward and bulky.

on 6/14/2014 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I like it, nice brush , dispenses just enough product, thickens, lengthens, not to the point where my lashes look fantastic, but it does a good job..it isn't dry, doesn't clump either...very nice!!

Hands down, the best mascara I have ever used. I used to use Hypnose Drama, but I switched to Doll Lashes
I really like dramatic mascaras with lots of volume, but I am also really picky about clumping and lash definition. Also easy application to bottom lashes is a must for me! I usually use around 3-5 coats and don't have to use an eyelash curler.

Pros:
-Lengthens (without weighing down lashes; I had that problem with Hypnose Star)
-Separates wonderfully
-Curls and creates an open-eyed look
-Adds a decent amount of volume (multiple coats for a more dramatic look; you will never get the same amount of volume from this mascara as you will from Hypnose Drama, but I found it gives a really pretty doe-eyed look and you don't constantly have fakes falling in your eyes)
-Fast, tidy, and easy, easy application (good for being on the go, never had to tidy around my lashes with q-tips with this mascara)
-AMAZING wand for bottom lashes (adds really nice length!)
-Formula gives a natural texture (extremely smooth, plush, not plastic looking, not clumpy) to your lashes
-If you happen to fall asleep while wearing this mascara, the raccoon-eye effect is minimal to non-existant

Cons:
The price
Flakes a tiny bit if you have a lot of coats
Dries out faster than other mascaras, but should be fine if you replace every 3-4 months