Lancôme Hypnose Doll Lashes

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Lancôme Hypnose Doll Lashes
Hypnose Doll LashesHypnose Doll LashesLancome Hypnose Doll Eyes mascaraLancome Hypnose Doll EyesLancome Doll Lashes

3.2

Aqua, paraffin, copernicia cerifera cera/carnauba wax, steareth-20, beeswax, acacia senegal gum, alcohol denat, stearteh-2, cetyl alcohol, potassium cetyl phosphate, peg/ppg-17/18 dimethicone, tdi/trimellitic anhydride copolymer, sodium polymethacrylate, silica, 2-oleamido-1/3-octadecanediol, phenethyl alocohol, nylon 12, disodium edta, hydroxyethylcellulose, caprylol glycol, pantehnol, pentylene glycol, polyquaternium-10, sodium dehydroacetate. May contain: CI 77007/ultramarines, CI77491/ CI77499 Iron oxides, mica, d46956/2

on 3/31/2016 7:20:00 PM

This is my go to mascara, I have blonde eyelashes and a hooded lid meaning my lashes get lost or are generally invisible.
This is the perfect mascara for lengthening, separating and coating every single lash without being clumpy at all. The brush means i can very easily get all the inner and outer lashes and genuinely does give me a wide eyed look for the whole day.
It's a very flattering, feathery and natural look. And I find it holds a curl for a few hours if I use an eyelash curler (and curls my outer lashes with no curler due to the brush shape). I also have had no problems with irritation with this formula (I use the water resistant and it doesn't dry out my lashes).

The only cons are the price and the fact it will add no volume to your lashes. So think about what you want from your mascara before spending the money.

on 8/17/2015 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

In all my mascara testing, I had come to the conclusion that Hypnose was the best one overall and that included Hypnose Drama and Hypnose Doll Lashes. But! I realized that these dry out over a few weeks and become substandard and start giving short lashes with clumps. I can't recommend Doll Lashes because the original Hypnose is superior and doesn't dry out to this extent. I give this 3 stars because it's still better than most, but it's not as good as regular Hypnose.

Update Sept 20/15: I tried this again and it is performing very well. I am raising my rating to four stars. I don't like the pointed brush, but it has the same excellent formula that gives me fluttery, lush, dark, long lashes.

Update Oct 30/15: This has stopped working. I am going to discard it. I have to give a lower rating now because it is not as good as Hypnose or Hypnose Drama, and the small pointy brush is part of the reason I don't like using it. I assume it isn't working now because it is dried out after several weeks. (Note my review for Chanel which is still working after a year and a half.) Overall this is a gimmicky product that is annoying to use and gives inconsistent results. It's better than the cheap brands but not good enough and I won't be buying it again.

Update Apr 1/16: I bought a new one and did a test using this on one eye and a new Diorshow on the other eye. This gave longer lashes than Diorshow, but not as much volume. At the end of the day, this one had not flaked at all, versus 5 or 6 flakes with the Diorshow. So this is the clear winner, plus it is not highly scented like the Diorshow is.

I used to hate this brush because it was small and tapered, but I think they have made the brush bigger. I have no complaints about it. I now rate this 4 stars as it is an excellent mascara. The formula is superior to Diorshow and the results, while dramatic, are never spidery.

Is it as good as regular Hypnose? Right now it seems like it is. Hypnose may give more lush volume but this gives more length. Therefore I love them both. I do know I got a brand new one from the factory which is not always the case. The times I was disappointed, I was probably getting old stock. This is now a must have for me. I've set aside my bargain mascaras since my rashes cleared up and I can use normal things again. I will probably get the Hypnose Drama and Star again as well, since I know this store has brand new stock (as they just started carrying Lancome).

Update May 25/16: This is currently my best mascara. I now like it more than Hypnose or Hypnose Drama. I think I like the tapered brush better than the others in the series. It actually is giving me long lower lashes because it is easier to apply with this brush, and I almost never have nice long lower lashes. This is at least equal and in some ways better and so I am raising it to top marks.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral

Use almost every day. I switch in between mascaras, depending on the weather. This stuff is Holy Grail for to get long, separated lashes. My only issue is if I get too sweaty, this does tend to flake off, but not if I put am eyelash primer!

on 12/27/2014 8:52:00 AM

I was given this as a present from my mum and bless her soul for giving me it. First off though, I would like to say, hands down on the packaging. Absolutely love it. The mascara itself is definitely my favourite mascara. I love the wand because it is able to reach into the inner lashes and it is able to grasp onto all of them. It makes my eyes much larger and has a great finished look. Would recommend!

on 5/4/2014 7:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is by far the best mascara in the world just two coats intensely darkens the lashes giving it a dolls effect! My lashes are very short and sparse, however when I first started using this mascara starting from the base and pulling it up to the tip of the lashes spreaded out and gave my eye a wide lash effect spreading and coating each and every lash. The brush helps because it is small at the front then big enough to coat outer lashes. It defo gives my eyes a doll effect making the outer lashes curl out! I am obsessed I love it!!! I have been using it over a get and half now ever two weeks I need a new one!!! The waterproof one is the one I use NOTHING can make it budge!!! Because I have hay-fever my eye waters but this product clings on like crazy. I love it!! This is probably my 500th purchase from lancome!!! I've tried so many dupes that's are drugstore and cheaper but nothing comes close to this I LOVE IT!!!!!! 😊😊😊😎😎😎❤️❤️❤️

Cons: It's expensive!
- the formula seems to Finnish after one and a half weeks baring in mind I like 2-5 coats! But even so dries out fast! Not much in the bottle. Considering drugstore brands hold more applications!

regardless of the cons I will still repurchase these!! I LoVe IT

Hands down, the best mascara I have ever used. I used to use Hypnose Drama, but I switched to Doll Lashes
I really like dramatic mascaras with lots of volume, but I am also really picky about clumping and lash definition. Also easy application to bottom lashes is a must for me! I usually use around 3-5 coats and don't have to use an eyelash curler.

Pros:
-Lengthens (without weighing down lashes; I had that problem with Hypnose Star)
-Separates wonderfully
-Curls and creates an open-eyed look
-Adds a decent amount of volume (multiple coats for a more dramatic look; you will never get the same amount of volume from this mascara as you will from Hypnose Drama, but I found it gives a really pretty doe-eyed look and you don't constantly have fakes falling in your eyes)
-Fast, tidy, and easy, easy application (good for being on the go, never had to tidy around my lashes with q-tips with this mascara)
-AMAZING wand for bottom lashes (adds really nice length!)
-Formula gives a natural texture (extremely smooth, plush, not plastic looking, not clumpy) to your lashes
-If you happen to fall asleep while wearing this mascara, the raccoon-eye effect is minimal to non-existant

Cons:
The price
Flakes a tiny bit if you have a lot of coats
Dries out faster than other mascaras, but should be fine if you replace every 3-4 months

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I'm picky about mascaras. There are only two I use - the Mabelline yellow one, which I've been using for years (colossal volum express carbon) and now this, after I got it as a freebie at an event.

With most mascaras, it's hard to get proper application on the outer edges lashes, which is of course were you want the most! However, this product has a clever little conical brush which means you can get a good coating on those outer lashes, which really opens up your eyes and yes, gives a 'doll eyed' look. It's a great mascara to use when you're doing winged eyeliner too It's also really volumising and rarely smudges

I do feel, however, that mascaras are very personal and the results depend on your own lash type and layout

on 8/5/2013 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

About Me:
-Wide Asian Eyes
-Average Thin Straight Lashes
-Normal Occasionally Dry Lids
The Product
Pros:
-Curls My Asian Lashes For Half A Day (to be fair, I don't use a lash curler)
-Doesn't Smudge (unless you squeeze your eyes really tightly)
-The Only Mascara That Looks Good On My Type Of Lashes
-No Clumping (I go up to 4 coats during the day)
-No Flakes
-No Raccoon Eyes Ever After 5 Hours of Intense Workouts
Cons:
-Doesn't Come In WaterProof (I really would like to swim in this)
Verdict:
Will be my third bottle. :)

on 5/15/2013 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Good mascara but I've owned drugstore ones like Covergirl and L'oreal and they are all the same!! Seriously, you are just paying for the brand! Don't waste your money.

Horrible, just horrible. Smells like some kind of funky old-fashioned medicine. Makes lashes clump and stick together. Straight to the garbage.