Derma E Tropical Solutions Facial Cleansing Gel

No Image

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

At first when I bought this product, I really enjoyed it. It cleans well without overly drying out my skin. The smell bothered me a little, but I eventually got used to it. It has a weird scent (it does contain a lot of herbs with an added fragrance which is the very last ingredient.) After about 2 weeks of having this product, it went well... watery. It was a light gel consistency before, but somehow lost it's stability, I guess. I'm going to blame the packaging... That is why I only gave it a score of 3. It's easy to use and very sanitary, but it just can't seem to keep the product stable (just like a few other derma e products). Derma E does have great products, don't get me wrong.. Considering they use a lot of natural ingredients, you'd think they would have way better packaging. I'd skip this product if I were you. I went back to my Body Shop Tea Tree Facial Wash!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

My skin breaks out easily and is oily but most cleansers dry my skin out. I've always done well with gel cleansers and moisturizers but over the years due to the dazzling array of products via MUA ,and being a product junkie, I forgot about this fact. lol! Recently I went back to looking at gel based products and found this cleanser. My skin gets along well with it and doesn't feel dry or tight after washing with it. I've not tried using it to remove makeup but I suspect it's too light to do a good job of taking off makeup or taking off m/u remover be it unrefined coconut oil or baby oil (aka mineral oil). Still though it's summer and besides sunscreen I don't do a lot to my face when it's this time of year. So because of that this cleanser is perfect. One thing I love about this is that it contains tamanu oil which I'm already a big fan of since tamanu works like a natural Neosporin and kills the germies on my face and as an acne prone it's a big plus. It also contains aloe which is a great moisturizer and germ killer and is water based so it doesn't clog pores (!). The only drawback is that it contains what derma e calls "Natural and Fragrant oils" and we know that fragrance used in many products today contain some of the most unhealthy chemicals. Companies often don't divulge the fragrance info cause A.) they dont' have to and B.) they often hide under the "trade secret" excuse. I personally don't like the fragrance in this line, too artificially fruity and smells like some hair product, but it is listed as the very last two ingredients so that means there's very little included in the product. Not to mention, as another MUAer pointed out to me about face washes, cleansers don't stay on the skin long enough anyway to do any real damage so I'm not really that concerned. It also comes in a pump bottle which is great that it stays sanitary that way, SO I LOOOOVE this facewash and will continue to use it during the warm months. Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Organic Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract*, Organic Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract*, Decyl Glucoside, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Seed Oil, Euterpe Oleracea (Acai) Berry Extract, Organic Calophyllum Inophyllum (Tamanu) Nut Oil*, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Citric Acid, Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Calcium Ascorbate (Ester-C�), Hydroxypropyl Starch Phosphate, Sodium Chloride (Sea Salt), Gluconolatone and Sodium Benzoate, Natural and Fragrant Oils. EDIT 2/2/13 Still loving this facewash. Wanted to add that there is sea salt in this cleanser which is also great for the skin. Kills germs on the skin, is healing and keeps skin healthy. Love this product! EDIT 8/3/13 Upping this to a 5 though I'd like to give it a 10. Now that it's summertime I've started using this more often since it's a light gel cleanser. In the past week I noticed that if I leave this on my face a little longer, like a mask, for a minute then the next morning my skin looks amazing! I have a patch of hormonal acne that always flares up the week before my period. This face wash has helped control this area, and any other spots I may have, so drastically I'm just amazed! Very healing,reduces and inflammation and redness, and my skin looks even toned and just refreshed and happy! I wish I'd thought to leave this on my face as a mask sooner! That's ok though because now that I've discovered the good effects I have an even better weapon in my arsenal. I'm on my second bottle of this and will always have it on hand. As an FYI I wanted to note that this product is no longer called Tropical Solutions Facial Cleansing Gel. It is now called Vitalizing Cleanser with Tamanu and Pomegranate.