Alaffia Cocoa & Shea Butter Lip Balm

Alaffia Cocoa & Shea Butter Lip Balm

Handcrafted Shea (Butyrospermum parkii) Butter, Beeswax, Virgin Cocoa (Theobroma cacao) Butter, Unrefined Palm Kernel (Elaeis guineensis) Oil, Virgin Coconut (Cocos nucifera) Oil

This stuff is amazing! It is so moisturizing that within three days of use, my chapped lips were gone and replaced with baby soft lips. As a bonus, I know every ingredient in there. There aren't any harsh chemicals. Take a look at the Maybelline New York Baby Lips ingredients:
"Polybutene, Octyldodecanol, Isopropyl Myristate, Petrolatum, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Polyethylene, Ozokerite, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter / Shea Butter, Diisostearyl Malate, Candelilla Cera / Candelilla Wax / Cire De Candelilla, Vp/Hexadecene Copolymer, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Parfum / Fragrance, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Aroma / Flavor, Silica, Isopropyl Palmitate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Limonene, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Benzyl Benzoate, Centella Asiatica Extract, Aluminum Hydroxide, Citral, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Tin Oxide, Geraniol, Eugenol, Aloe Barbadensis Extract / Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Mel / Honey / Miel, Calcium Pantothenate, Ascorbic Acid, Dimethicone, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Atelocollagen. May Contain: CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, MICA, CI 45410 / Red 28 Lake, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 15850 / Red 7, CI 45380 / Red 22 Lake, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake. CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake, CI 15985 / Yellow 6 Lake, CI 75470 / Carmine]."

Yup. There are only 5 ingredients in this lip balm: Shea butter, beeswax, cocoa butter, palm kernel oil, and virgin coconut oil.

on 6/20/2013 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I like this lip balm as it is all natural, although I prefer the Badger lip balms more so than these. This company is doing a great job though by delivering a great product line that is all natural. These moisturize the lips very well and smell nice too.

on 12/14/2011 2:52:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

YUM, the flavor of this lip balm is buttery, chocolatey, and sweet... and the texture is silky but sturdy. It can harden into crystals in colder weather, but it still goes on nicely once it gets warmed by my lips. Definitely my go-to everyday lip balm, along with Nanak's Lip Smoothee (which is a little more oily/melty/shiny). I love supporting this company, both for their politics and because they are from near my hometown (Olympia, WA)!

on 7/25/2011 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I have chronic dry lips. They're always chapped. Most lip products seem to make this worse. I do ok with Aquaphor, but I wanted something a little more natural and I wanted something in a more convenient package. This stuff works like a dream. My lips are so soft. Plus they seem like a decent company to give my money to. I like that there's a short list of good ingredients with no irritants.

Ingredients: Certified Fair Trade Shea Butter, Beeswax, Cocoa Butter, Palm Kernel Oil, Virgin Coconut Oil.