Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier Perfumes Route du Vetiver

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
No Image

3.5

on 8/2/2002 9:15:00 AM

This is the first Vetiver I have tried, which Miguel at Aedes suggested. This is an incredible fragrance. When first applied, "earthy, wet roots" came to mind and after a few minutes, this delicate sweetness formed on my wrists, intertwining with this earthy moist root scent. It's delectible, and a little goes a long way. When applied lightly, it's soft, not overbearing. A very unique scent, one I will have to revisit.

on 6/10/2001 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

MPG Route Du Vetiver. “Fresh green essence of vetiver grasses & roots” I guess I smelled mostly the roots. Very strong herbal smell, not for the faint of heart! This was YUK! It smelled like cedar chest, mildew, damp basement, etc. Mildew was the predominate note, followed by musty basement. At first it smells strongly of an herbal men’s cologne, then dries down to an unappealing mildew. Now, I hope everyone does’t run out to buy this one at once and create some huge shortage. ; ) If anyone has tried this, please let me know if you smelled something differently. We had company and I had everyone, smell this one, and they ALL wrinkled their noses and said, “ Ew, what is that? It smells like, “old closet”, “basements”, “mildew”, “algae”, etc. At first it is strongly herbal, it is later it takes on that weird musty smell.Nothing like L’Artisans vetiver which is fresh & nice.

Popular Fragrances