Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier Perfumes Route du Vetiver

Filtered by skin tone : Other
No Image

3.0

on 8/20/2007 3:09:00 AM

Am I the only one in love with this scent? On first, second, and third sniff, I am reminded of the muddy pond that I swam in as a child during hot southern summers; it's muddy pond water in a bottle. It sounds repulsive, I'm sure; yet, it's such a captivating, intoxicating scent... I loved that scent that stuck to my skin after taking the boat out in the pond, jumping in, and swimming around. It was somehow both clean and ancient, muddy and pristine. I've smelled so many vetivers, at this point, that I wouldn't recognize one if I met in in broad daylight...yet I love whatever is going on in this scent, and whatever its master-nose had in mind during the creation/composition. It takes an insanely genius nose to come up with a scent like this.

Oh-- this is NOT a scent for snuggling with the husband or boyfriend. If you're a femme who grew up in rural environs, it's worth every penny for the experience. If not, try it anyway; you might just convince yourself. If you're male, men and women alike will be won over by your utter "back-woodsy-ness." It's THAT rustic (and yes, dreamy...)

Very dry and dusty, like going up into your attic. Also earthy and musty, like going down into the cellar. And rooty - will suit you if you're a country farmer. Don't take any notice of the other stated notes of blackcurrant, etc, which are just there to confuse you. I struggled for a while to identify another characteristic element which seems to dominate the fragrance and I think I finally got it - Agar Wood Oil. Very rich, deep, almost peppery; it is no surprise to know that this ingredient comes from a fungus-infected tree. The final drydown of Route du Vetiver, however, becomes unpleasantly sweet and overall, I can't recommend it.

on 10/18/2004 5:41:00 PM

My apologies to all that enjoy this one, but this is the single worst fragrance I have ever encountered. It's so bad, I wouldn't dare send it out with any of my decants! Smells exactly like a wet, dirty ashtray. Completely Nauseating. continued >>

Popular Fragrances