Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier Perfumes Route du Vetiver

Filtered by age: 36-43
No Image

I'm always at the difference that chemistry and personal taste makes with this scent. (as with all of them, but this one has extreme lovers and detractors) I personally love it on me. It does go on quite strong and pungently grassy, but it quickly dries down to a beautiful tart berry smell with wood notes and a very soft, moist grassiness in the backround.

This fragrance is what I wished that Falling In Love and Trish #9 were like for me...but those were too sugary, syrupy sweet. This achieves the same effect with berries balanced by something warmer and fuller, but it's got an earthy quality rather than a "I smeared myself with Smuckers" thing.

Not overly masculine to my nose at all...in fact, Guerlain's Vetiver while completely different from this one actually dries down much more manly to my nose.

on 2/11/2003 10:57:00 PM

This vetiver is not for the weak of heart,it is warm and heady,and extremely masculine.the perfect balance between green and wood notes.Vetiver is a very overpowering base note that is sometimes difficult to work with,MPG mastered it and showcased it,way to go!the only vetiver that is superior to this one is Frederic Malle's Vetiver,which I just smelled and will purchase as soon as I run out of this one.this scent reminds me of sitting in front of a fire place with a nice glass of cabernet.

Popular Fragrances