New York Color Sky Rise Lengthening Mascara

Nyc Mascara Sky Rise New York Color Sky Rise Mascara (842)Extreme Black

3.7

Price: $

Price: $

Aqua/Water/Eau, Paraffin, Glyceryl Stearate, Cera Carnauba/Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/Cire De Carnauba, PVP, Cera Alba/Beeswax/Cire D�Abeille, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20, Stearic Acid, Acrylates Copolymer, Panthenol, Caprylyl Glycol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Tocopheryl Acetate, Talc, Sodium Hydroxide, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Gossypium Herbaceum (Cotton) Powder, Hydrolyzed Wool, Serica/Silk Powder/Poudre De Soie, Retinyl Palmitate, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Acrylates/Carbamate Copolymer, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Silica, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Olive Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Ethylene/Methacrylate Copolymer, Collagen, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Colloidal Gold, Saccharomyces/Platinum Ferment, Saccharomyces/Silver Ferment, Ceramide 2, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil Unsaponifiables, Sodium Sulfate, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Phalaenopsis Lobbi Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol Bambusa Arundinacea Leaf Extract, Sodium Benzoate, Tocopherol, Chlorphenesin, Sorbic Acid, [May Contain/Peut Contenir/ /-: Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77268), D

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I picked this up at Target for around $2.50, remembering it has a celebrated reputation online, and I've been using it for about a week.
I wouldn't say this is my all time favorite mascara (I've used so many different kinds I can't readily recall which one worked best, but there are seven or so I'd recommend, including this one), as I don't think it adds much length-wise, but for the price point I don't think there is a better option available. I should also add that although most mascaras claim to add length, I've yet to find one that stands out in that regard. You might have a different experience than me.
What it does do is coat the lashes smoothly and evenly, dry fairly quickly and it does NOT transfer or flake once dry. It didn't smear everywhere unless I was rushed and careless applying it. The formula is perfectly balanced between drying/clumpy and soaking wet. It is a very easy mascara to apply and the wand is not bulky or goopy.
Personally I have no qualms with this mascara, it is cheap, does its job and makes my makeup routine drama-free. NYC isn't as easy to find as WnW (where I live) but it will be worth the effort to track this one down in the future!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this in LipMonthly & sadly didn't look at it for awhile now it's my fave mascara that isn't WP! I normally into WP but I love this the brush everything about it is gr8. The best non WP mascara I own. It makes my lashes so long & major volume. You can't find a better non WP at the DS.

To Read all 120 Reviews, Login or Join

Excellent mascara. Does exactly what it is suppose to do which is lengthen. Your lashes will appear twice as long and for the cheapest priced cosmetic line on the market,that's pretty good.

on 3/25/2016 7:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Here is the lowdown:
The small brush and drier formula make it a great choice to use as a lower lash mascara- a surgeon would have trouble using the giant wands on lower lashes but this is a breeze. The drier formula also means it is very forgiving if you get it on your skin than your lashes because the product does not ooze out. However, this gives a natural look. This is not date night lashes, party lashes, look at me lashes, etc. If you want a basic mascara that is under 2 dollars, and frankly most of us will be in this budget category at some point, you cannot go wrong. If you are looking for a dupe to a high end mascara, this isn't it.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Tried this mascara several times and was not impressed. I coated and coated trying to get some length out of it. But it barely shows up, even with multiple coats applied. The only mascara I have ever used that does absolutely nothing!

on 12/26/2015 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Wow, for an inexpensive mascara I was very impressed with this. I have "lashes a plenty" but need only a little volume. I normally use lengthening mascaras.
This was easy to apply, did a nice job of separating lashes and not clumping. It lengthened pretty well without being overly dramatic and spidery looking. Was also easy to remove.
While some drug store mascaras may have a bigger tube containing more product? You also are paying more too. So no complaints there for the price. Overall a VERY good product that I was not expecting to be this happy with.

on 12/26/2015 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

For an inexpensive product, this is a VERY good product. While other drugstore mascaras may contain more product, many of them are also way more expensive.
I liked the formula, application was easy, liked the brush, and the staying power was pretty good. My lashes held a curl and lenthened beautifully. It did separate lashes as well. I did not notice any smudging or flaking and had it on for 12 hours several times. Removed easily but I always use a good remover such as Neutrogena or Target's version of that called Up & Up.
Our dollar stores used to carry this but now am having a hard time finding it. Need to check our Wal-Mart though.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this in my LipMonthly bag, it was a couple of months ago, I'm a former subbi but I thought this product was just more fluff filler a cheap product to send out coz as u can tell I don't really find LipMonthly all that enthralling (& have suspended my box on 2 diff occasions for the last time now), but this is the most amazing thing LipMonthly ever sent me & im ashamed to say admit I put this in my makeup bag as a spare & never used it until very recently. This is the best non waterproof mascara! I normally don't fool w non waterproof makeup around the eyes when it's possible to buy waterproof but this stuff is cheap (so I've noticed it at stores & read here); very inky black; curls & lengthens (ooh la la!). If this was H2Oproof would be perf but life ain't perfect. I am going to stock up on this mascara if it's still available! I've tried from Estée Lauder & Clinique to ColorMates & ELF & this is def ..."winning!!"

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I got this at dollar tree :) its a really good mascara, it doesn't flake and it leightens and makes your lashes look thick too. I love this macara soo much I bought two more tubes at dollar tree and I plan on buying more

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

For $2 at Target, this is the best lengthening mascara I've got. It doesn't deliver volume, but I can get very, very long lashes with this. When coupled with a volumising mascara, it really gives me great lashes. I haven't had any problem with it drying out, flaking out, or smudging. I do have to be careful and let it dry completely before putting on my glasses so it doesn't streak mascara on my glasses lenses, but other than that? No complaints. I really dig this stuff, and for the price? It can't be beat.