Ground Coffee Face and Body Mask

Duh :)

on 3/30/2016 4:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Love using coffee as a scrub. Normal skin, no acne or other issues.
Once or twice a week I take fresh ground coffee, wet my face with hot water, and scrub it in. I let it sit for a few minutes. Then grab some oil, coconut, sweet almond, whatever, and massage it into my face with the grounds still on. Remove with hot water and facial cloth. I find that following up with an oil removes the stain coffee can leave. Then I moisturize - and my skin looks great.
Love it!
Also use the grounds as a body scrub in the shower here and there.

I used to use plain sugar as a body exfoliator, but have switched up to coffee and I really like it. No adverse affects for me, although the grounds I use (not espresso size) can be a bit rough on the face if skin is sensitive, I imagine.

on 3/16/2014 10:59:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I occasionally do a coffee mask maybe once a month. Initially I would do it once every 3 days but I got lazy >___<

I'd mix freshly grounded coffee with a bit of honey, lemon juice, and cocoa powder. Rarely I'd add milk. Mix it well into a thick paste and put it in the fridge. I love cold masks so I usually put all my mixed masks into the fridge prior to using them.

After cleansing, apply a thick layer. I love the smell of this mask. Mmm mmm goodness me. It's very messy though! But once you get an even layer, relax and let it dry. I like to leave it for max 1 hour.

When washing, wet an area with a sprinkle of water then slowly and gently exfoliate your skin with the grounds. Repeat with other areas of your face then wash it all off.

I substitute one of my biweekly exfoliations with this mask when I feel extra diligent LOL. And I love the after-feeling. Face feels baby soft and smooth and extra bright. Plus, it smells good.

Who doesn't like cocoa and coffee aromas? ;)

on 7/8/2013 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I read that ground coffee can be used as a scrub to smooth away the appearance of cellulite. I've only been using it for 2 days so I can't comment on the effectiveness of treating cellulite but I LOVE it as a scrub for my face and body.

I use freshly ground coffee (b/c I read it has more antioxidants and caffeine than used coffee grounds) which I mix with Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle body wash. My skin feels so smooth and my face has a nice rosy glow.

As others have already mentioned, it does make a bit of a mess in the bath tub but it's totally worth it for baby soft skin.

I'll update when/if I see any results with the cellulite.

on 4/29/2013 3:52:00 AM

I love Coffeeee! I drink it every day and I keep the coffee grinds to use it for my face, body and hair.

On my face
- it depuffs my eyes and makes them brighter!
- my skin is softer , it looks clear and my pores are smaller. I still have to use a toner to take out the brown colour from my skin though. I didn't try with joghurt and in fact I prefer to have the whole strength of just coffee on my face
- it helps with tightening the skin which kind of ''sculpts'' your face and if you have a double chin coffee is the right kitchen ingredient for you!

Body
- is great for exfoliation and as an anticelulite treatment! You can definitely see that your skin is firmer and feel strong

On my hair
- I have brown hair and it leave my hair shiny and healthy

Whenever I use it, it really gives me energy and a great state of mind!
I have been using it since I was 13! I should use it even more often!

This is great for women that retain water (like me). As soon as I use my coffee scrub on my whole body, my skin looks firmer and my thighs are slimmer!

One of my favourite helper from the kitchen.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I use ground coffee as a an all over body scrub with honey and almond oil in the shower and it is the best! It's all natural and cheap. You can't get any better than that. I will repurchase.

3 Tbs. Used Coffee Grounds
1 Tbs. Almond Oil
1/3 tsp. Honey

The coffee grounds exfoliate dead skin. The almond oil helps make it more of a slip agent so it's more pliable. The moisture from the honey is going to keep your skin very hydrated

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Who doesn't drink coffee? :) I agree with all reviewers! Coffee is also another miracle beauty must-have!

-De puffs
-decreases cellulite (use coffee grinds like a paste with a little bit of water just enough to make it stick to your thighs, wrap with plastic wrap that you have in your kitchen, let it sit for a few hours or overnight and smooth thighs next morning)! No expensive treatments needed!

-also a great body scrub before self tanning...I can go on and on, but others have already reviewed this wonderfully! Coffee is the best!

Oh, and also gives a nice natural brown tint to brassy hair ;)

on 12/16/2012 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

I LOVE THIS.
I use this as a face and body scrub, and it leaves my skin feeling moisturized, soft, and tightened- not to mention the smell is a wonderful pick me up! It does make a mess in the tub though, so make sure you rinse it out well.
What I do is I take used coffee grounds - an excuse to have more coffee! - and mixed it with freshly squeezed lemon juice, to help lighten scars and tighten pores, until i have a paste. It'll look like black mud, but I actually think it's pretty cool. I took the bowl with me into the shower, first applied it to my face, applying it in circular motions. I left it on for a while. Then I put it on my chest, stomach, back, legs- everywhere, really! Applying it in circular motions. When I rinsed it off, it left my skin so soft- I expected the lemon juice to dry me out, but I didn't even need moisturizer. Afterwards, my pores looked smaller, the redness of my acne was weirdly diminished, and my body felt insanely smooth. And the price is unbeatable, especially for someone who has coffee and lemons in their house no matter what. Definitely recommend- I can't believe more people don't know about this.

Popular Face Skincare Products