Ground Coffee Face and Body Mask

Duh :)

on 3/30/2016 4:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Love using coffee as a scrub. Normal skin, no acne or other issues.
Once or twice a week I take fresh ground coffee, wet my face with hot water, and scrub it in. I let it sit for a few minutes. Then grab some oil, coconut, sweet almond, whatever, and massage it into my face with the grounds still on. Remove with hot water and facial cloth. I find that following up with an oil removes the stain coffee can leave. Then I moisturize - and my skin looks great.
Love it!
Also use the grounds as a body scrub in the shower here and there.

I used to use plain sugar as a body exfoliator, but have switched up to coffee and I really like it. No adverse affects for me, although the grounds I use (not espresso size) can be a bit rough on the face if skin is sensitive, I imagine.

on 3/13/2014 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

A useful component in body scrubs.
Smells good (if you like how coffee smells - which i happen to like) and you can control how finely or coarsely it is ground.

Caffeine is also good for stimulating surface capilaries (bad for rosaceatic skin but good for cellulite).

on 4/29/2013 3:52:00 AM

I love Coffeeee! I drink it every day and I keep the coffee grinds to use it for my face, body and hair.

On my face
- it depuffs my eyes and makes them brighter!
- my skin is softer , it looks clear and my pores are smaller. I still have to use a toner to take out the brown colour from my skin though. I didn't try with joghurt and in fact I prefer to have the whole strength of just coffee on my face
- it helps with tightening the skin which kind of ''sculpts'' your face and if you have a double chin coffee is the right kitchen ingredient for you!

Body
- is great for exfoliation and as an anticelulite treatment! You can definitely see that your skin is firmer and feel strong

On my hair
- I have brown hair and it leave my hair shiny and healthy

Whenever I use it, it really gives me energy and a great state of mind!
I have been using it since I was 13! I should use it even more often!

This is great for women that retain water (like me). As soon as I use my coffee scrub on my whole body, my skin looks firmer and my thighs are slimmer!

One of my favourite helper from the kitchen.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I use ground coffee as a an all over body scrub with honey and almond oil in the shower and it is the best! It's all natural and cheap. You can't get any better than that. I will repurchase.

3 Tbs. Used Coffee Grounds
1 Tbs. Almond Oil
1/3 tsp. Honey

The coffee grounds exfoliate dead skin. The almond oil helps make it more of a slip agent so it's more pliable. The moisture from the honey is going to keep your skin very hydrated

on 2/15/2013 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love using brewed coffee to tone the brasiness out of my highlights. Just rinse hair with warm water and towel dry. Pour a cup of warm brewed black coffee through hair and let sit while you finish your shower. It makes a wonderful rinse and adds lots of shine and cool tones to my brunette hair. I use this in place of the horribly drying Aveda Black Malva conditioner. Definitely recommend!

on 12/16/2012 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

I LOVE THIS.
I use this as a face and body scrub, and it leaves my skin feeling moisturized, soft, and tightened- not to mention the smell is a wonderful pick me up! It does make a mess in the tub though, so make sure you rinse it out well.
What I do is I take used coffee grounds - an excuse to have more coffee! - and mixed it with freshly squeezed lemon juice, to help lighten scars and tighten pores, until i have a paste. It'll look like black mud, but I actually think it's pretty cool. I took the bowl with me into the shower, first applied it to my face, applying it in circular motions. I left it on for a while. Then I put it on my chest, stomach, back, legs- everywhere, really! Applying it in circular motions. When I rinsed it off, it left my skin so soft- I expected the lemon juice to dry me out, but I didn't even need moisturizer. Afterwards, my pores looked smaller, the redness of my acne was weirdly diminished, and my body felt insanely smooth. And the price is unbeatable, especially for someone who has coffee and lemons in their house no matter what. Definitely recommend- I can't believe more people don't know about this.

on 4/29/2012 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I'm not surprised I'm only the 3rd person to be reviewing this not many people know about this mask in particular I mean coffee on the face? Who would have thought to put that on your face? It looks a fright once applied be careful to tie your hair back especially you blonde ladies otherwise it could stain your hair.the trick is to apply this on and leave it on for 20 mins once its time to take it off massage your face with the coffee and milk mixture on your face with water for extra exfoilating action.it leaves your skin smooth supple and like silk it also helped clear up a few tiny pimples on my face it works wonders for acne sufferers give this a try you won't be sorry!

on 2/24/2012 7:15:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I cannot believe there is only 1 review for this amazing DIY skincare. I love it as an exceptional scrub for my body. For this I mix ground coffee with honey and just massage it into my thighs and butt. It works wonders making my skin so soft and touchble and it costs much less than any store bought scrubs.The only downside is the mess that it creates in my bathroom. So I normally just take a jar of ground coffee mixed with honey to my gym and have a little spa party there. Recommended!

Popular Face Skincare Products