Ground Coffee Face and Body Mask

Duh :)

on 3/30/2016 4:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Love using coffee as a scrub. Normal skin, no acne or other issues.
Once or twice a week I take fresh ground coffee, wet my face with hot water, and scrub it in. I let it sit for a few minutes. Then grab some oil, coconut, sweet almond, whatever, and massage it into my face with the grounds still on. Remove with hot water and facial cloth. I find that following up with an oil removes the stain coffee can leave. Then I moisturize - and my skin looks great.
Love it!
Also use the grounds as a body scrub in the shower here and there.

I used to use plain sugar as a body exfoliator, but have switched up to coffee and I really like it. No adverse affects for me, although the grounds I use (not espresso size) can be a bit rough on the face if skin is sensitive, I imagine.

on 3/13/2014 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

A useful component in body scrubs.
Smells good (if you like how coffee smells - which i happen to like) and you can control how finely or coarsely it is ground.

Caffeine is also good for stimulating surface capilaries (bad for rosaceatic skin but good for cellulite).

on 7/8/2013 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I read that ground coffee can be used as a scrub to smooth away the appearance of cellulite. I've only been using it for 2 days so I can't comment on the effectiveness of treating cellulite but I LOVE it as a scrub for my face and body.

I use freshly ground coffee (b/c I read it has more antioxidants and caffeine than used coffee grounds) which I mix with Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle body wash. My skin feels so smooth and my face has a nice rosy glow.

As others have already mentioned, it does make a bit of a mess in the bath tub but it's totally worth it for baby soft skin.

I'll update when/if I see any results with the cellulite.

on 4/29/2012 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I'm not surprised I'm only the 3rd person to be reviewing this not many people know about this mask in particular I mean coffee on the face? Who would have thought to put that on your face? It looks a fright once applied be careful to tie your hair back especially you blonde ladies otherwise it could stain your hair.the trick is to apply this on and leave it on for 20 mins once its time to take it off massage your face with the coffee and milk mixture on your face with water for extra exfoilating action.it leaves your skin smooth supple and like silk it also helped clear up a few tiny pimples on my face it works wonders for acne sufferers give this a try you won't be sorry!

on 2/24/2012 7:15:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I cannot believe there is only 1 review for this amazing DIY skincare. I love it as an exceptional scrub for my body. For this I mix ground coffee with honey and just massage it into my thighs and butt. It works wonders making my skin so soft and touchble and it costs much less than any store bought scrubs.The only downside is the mess that it creates in my bathroom. So I normally just take a jar of ground coffee mixed with honey to my gym and have a little spa party there. Recommended!