Ground Coffee Face and Body Mask

Price: $

Price: $

Duh :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I retain water really easily and sometimes wake up with a puffy face and bloated stomach. After reading about the benefits of caffeine in skincare, I started making my own 2-in-1 mask + scrub with used coffee grounds. To de-puff my face, I mix a bit of raw egg white with the used coffee grounds (after making coffee in the morning). Don't use too much egg white or it'll be too runny- just use enough to form a paste. Then I apply the mixture to my face and neck and leave it on for 15 min. The egg white helps tighten and brighten skin and the caffeine helps my skin expel excess water and also doubles as a scrub (I rub my skin gently in circles with the coffee grounds before washing the mask off completely.) For a refining and retexturizing mask, I use a dollop of Greek yogurt instead of egg white. I also use this as a body treatment when I want to pamper myself at home- just spread the coffee grounds (mixed with either the egg white or yogurt or whatever you want) onto my body (especially around the butt and thighs which could benefit from caffeine's ability to treat cellulite) and then wrap each area with Saran wrap and leave on for 15-30 min. I love that I can do something good for my skin using the coffee grounds that I would normally just throw out after making coffee every morning. This face/body treatment is so easy and cheap to make! If you don't brew your own coffee, I read somewhere that if you go to Starbucks they'll give you used coffee grounds for free.

Video Reviews & Tutorials