Ground Coffee Face and Body Mask

Price: $

Price: $

Duh :)

on 4/29/2013 3:52:00 AM

I love Coffeeee! I drink it every day and I keep the coffee grinds to use it for my face, body and hair.

On my face
- it depuffs my eyes and makes them brighter!
- my skin is softer , it looks clear and my pores are smaller. I still have to use a toner to take out the brown colour from my skin though. I didn't try with joghurt and in fact I prefer to have the whole strength of just coffee on my face
- it helps with tightening the skin which kind of ''sculpts'' your face and if you have a double chin coffee is the right kitchen ingredient for you!

Body
- is great for exfoliation and as an anticelulite treatment! You can definitely see that your skin is firmer and feel strong

On my hair
- I have brown hair and it leave my hair shiny and healthy

Whenever I use it, it really gives me energy and a great state of mind!
I have been using it since I was 13! I should use it even more often!

This is great for women that retain water (like me). As soon as I use my coffee scrub on my whole body, my skin looks firmer and my thighs are slimmer!

One of my favourite helper from the kitchen.

on 2/15/2013 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love using brewed coffee to tone the brasiness out of my highlights. Just rinse hair with warm water and towel dry. Pour a cup of warm brewed black coffee through hair and let sit while you finish your shower. It makes a wonderful rinse and adds lots of shine and cool tones to my brunette hair. I use this in place of the horribly drying Aveda Black Malva conditioner. Definitely recommend!

on 4/29/2012 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I'm not surprised I'm only the 3rd person to be reviewing this not many people know about this mask in particular I mean coffee on the face? Who would have thought to put that on your face? It looks a fright once applied be careful to tie your hair back especially you blonde ladies otherwise it could stain your hair.the trick is to apply this on and leave it on for 20 mins once its time to take it off massage your face with the coffee and milk mixture on your face with water for extra exfoilating action.it leaves your skin smooth supple and like silk it also helped clear up a few tiny pimples on my face it works wonders for acne sufferers give this a try you won't be sorry!

on 2/24/2012 7:15:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I cannot believe there is only 1 review for this amazing DIY skincare. I love it as an exceptional scrub for my body. For this I mix ground coffee with honey and just massage it into my thighs and butt. It works wonders making my skin so soft and touchble and it costs much less than any store bought scrubs.The only downside is the mess that it creates in my bathroom. So I normally just take a jar of ground coffee mixed with honey to my gym and have a little spa party there. Recommended!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I retain water really easily and sometimes wake up with a puffy face and bloated stomach. After reading about the benefits of caffeine in skincare, I started making my own 2-in-1 mask + scrub with used coffee grounds. To de-puff my face, I mix a bit of raw egg white with the used coffee grounds (after making coffee in the morning). Don't use too much egg white or it'll be too runny- just use enough to form a paste. Then I apply the mixture to my face and neck and leave it on for 15 min. The egg white helps tighten and brighten skin and the caffeine helps my skin expel excess water and also doubles as a scrub (I rub my skin gently in circles with the coffee grounds before washing the mask off completely.) For a refining and retexturizing mask, I use a dollop of Greek yogurt instead of egg white. I also use this as a body treatment when I want to pamper myself at home- just spread the coffee grounds (mixed with either the egg white or yogurt or whatever you want) onto my body (especially around the butt and thighs which could benefit from caffeine's ability to treat cellulite) and then wrap each area with Saran wrap and leave on for 15-30 min. I love that I can do something good for my skin using the coffee grounds that I would normally just throw out after making coffee every morning. This face/body treatment is so easy and cheap to make! If you don't brew your own coffee, I read somewhere that if you go to Starbucks they'll give you used coffee grounds for free.

Popular Face Skincare Products