Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Cream Cleanser

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Cream Cleanser

3.0

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had been using an expensive acne medicated cleanser that could only be bought online for a few months and my skin always felt real greasy afterwards. It contained Sulphur which didn't harm my super sensitive skin at all but my super oily skin as well never really felt clean. I also noticed no decrease in my acne, not an increase by any means, just no improvement. I held off on getting this grapefruit version as I thought the fragrance would for sure break me out in a rash. After being very unpleased with my expensive Sulphur cleanser I went to the drugstore in search of a new acne medicated cleanser. I don't know what posessed me to try out the gel version of this grapefruit cleanser after years of being afraid of the fragrances affect on my skin but I was so unhappy that I went with it also not really knowing what Salicylic Acid would do to my skin. I first used this with my Foreo Luna Mini and boy did it foam up to the point where I felt like I was choking on the bubbles! Since I have really greasy skin I thought this was a positive and kept using it for a whole week. I eventually saw a great decrease in my acne but my face stung a little and felt tight. After realizing that this cream version was the exact same thing I gave it a go and I am much happier! My skin no longer stings, it gets a deep clean, and decreases my acne with no tight feeling. I can also use this with my Foreo Luna Mini and although it doesn't glide over my face as smoothly as the gel it's worth putting up with for all of the other benefits of this cleanser! I would say even if you have super greasy skin always go with a cream version of these Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Washes as the gels are just way too harsh on the skin.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

PROS:
-It smells amazing
-Does a nice job cleaning my skin (I use it twice a day)

CONS:
-It does leave my skin itchy and dry after the cleanse, although it claims not to do that
-Expensive

on 11/26/2015 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This isnt a bad product, but its not a miracle either. Its cleans well, which prevents futur acne. Still, it doesnt get rid of acne. It may help a little if u use it for so long.
I love its smell, its creamy texture, and the fact that the product is pink.
Its gentle on MY SKIN and i love the smell. But it contains a lot of frangrance !!!!!! If u have super sensitive skin i advice u to never EVER even think about buying this. My skin has an average sensitivity so its okay for me.
Did i mention that i love the smell ? Its sooo darn good. It calms me at night and wakes me up in the morning. Weird ? I know xD
P.S : i stopped using this on its own, i use other cleansers (which happens to be the avene cleanance one and garnier blackheads scrub one for now). I only search for this when i wake up late or when i feel lazy. I also looove the smell haha.

on 5/5/2014 10:07:00 PM

I found this product 50% off at BBB, and I'm really pleased overall. The consistency is nice and creamy but not overly foamy, so I'm not chocking on bubbles. It's tingly and refreshing and takes all of my make up off. It smells really darn good. If I have any white head kind of pimples on my face I notice they tend to dry up after using this. I only took one lippy away because it brags about this "micro clear" technology or whatever, and I haven't noticed a decrease in my acne since I started using it. I mean, I don't break out much anymore, but this isn't a miracle potion that changed my life and freed me of acne forever. It's just a really darn good soap.

on 4/20/2014 2:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Disappointed but is still an ok product. Didn't help my acne whatsoever.

I've used this cream cleanser ever since switching from the scrub version. The cream is a lot more gentle on my skin considering I'm using it every day, 2x a day. It smells great and my skin feels super clean when I wash it off! Afterwards, my face is a bit dry but I just use my daily moisturizer and my face feels great.

This really prevents my face from breaking out in red spots and pimples, and it minimizes the appearance of blackheads on my face. Awesome product, but I try to buy it in bulk or while on sale.

on 1/21/2014 4:49:00 PM

I was given this face wash as a gift, and used it a few times. It did make my skin a little dry, but most importantly it made my skin very dull and my make up did not wear as well as usual. I will not be purchasing this product again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

this did nothing for my acne. My face didn't feel clean at all after I used it. But the one thing I loved about this product is it smells so good!

on 8/10/2013 9:23:00 AM

I bought this cleanser in hopes that it would help my skin as it had salicylic acid in it. Big mistake!! After the second day of use my skin broke out into a rash!! I would not recommend this product to anyone!

on 1/15/2013 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I decided to give this try since it has salicylic and glycolic acid and I thought that would be great for achieving some mild exfoliation when cleansing my skin. But I absolutely dislike the texture and the smell of this cleanser. It feels runny when you are using it and I think this can't do much for cleansing the skin since it doesn't lather at all.

Smell is extremely strong and I think the high amount of fragrance can sting your skin, so beware if you have sensitive skin. Also, this has alcohol so it could be drying your skin without you noticing it. Overall, Neutrogena cleansers are way too harsh, even if they are labeled for sensitive or acne-prone skin.