Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Cream Cleanser

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Cream Cleanser

2.9

on 11/26/2015 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This isnt a bad product, but its not a miracle either. Its cleans well, which prevents futur acne. Still, it doesnt get rid of acne. It may help a little if u use it for so long.
I love its smell, its creamy texture, and the fact that the product is pink.
Its gentle on MY SKIN and i love the smell. But it contains a lot of frangrance !!!!!! If u have super sensitive skin i advice u to never EVER even think about buying this. My skin has an average sensitivity so its okay for me.
Did i mention that i love the smell ? Its sooo darn good. It calms me at night and wakes me up in the morning. Weird ? I know xD
P.S : i stopped using this on its own, i use other cleansers (which happens to be the avene cleanance one and garnier blackheads scrub one for now). I only search for this when i wake up late or when i feel lazy. I also looove the smell haha.

on 5/5/2014 10:07:00 PM

I found this product 50% off at BBB, and I'm really pleased overall. The consistency is nice and creamy but not overly foamy, so I'm not chocking on bubbles. It's tingly and refreshing and takes all of my make up off. It smells really darn good. If I have any white head kind of pimples on my face I notice they tend to dry up after using this. I only took one lippy away because it brags about this "micro clear" technology or whatever, and I haven't noticed a decrease in my acne since I started using it. I mean, I don't break out much anymore, but this isn't a miracle potion that changed my life and freed me of acne forever. It's just a really darn good soap.

To Read all 34 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/20/2014 2:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Disappointed but is still an ok product. Didn't help my acne whatsoever.

I've used this cream cleanser ever since switching from the scrub version. The cream is a lot more gentle on my skin considering I'm using it every day, 2x a day. It smells great and my skin feels super clean when I wash it off! Afterwards, my face is a bit dry but I just use my daily moisturizer and my face feels great.

This really prevents my face from breaking out in red spots and pimples, and it minimizes the appearance of blackheads on my face. Awesome product, but I try to buy it in bulk or while on sale.

on 1/21/2014 4:49:00 PM

I was given this face wash as a gift, and used it a few times. It did make my skin a little dry, but most importantly it made my skin very dull and my make up did not wear as well as usual. I will not be purchasing this product again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

this did nothing for my acne. My face didn't feel clean at all after I used it. But the one thing I loved about this product is it smells so good!

on 8/10/2013 9:23:00 AM

I bought this cleanser in hopes that it would help my skin as it had salicylic acid in it. Big mistake!! After the second day of use my skin broke out into a rash!! I would not recommend this product to anyone!

on 1/15/2013 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I decided to give this try since it has salicylic and glycolic acid and I thought that would be great for achieving some mild exfoliation when cleansing my skin. But I absolutely dislike the texture and the smell of this cleanser. It feels runny when you are using it and I think this can't do much for cleansing the skin since it doesn't lather at all.

Smell is extremely strong and I think the high amount of fragrance can sting your skin, so beware if you have sensitive skin. Also, this has alcohol so it could be drying your skin without you noticing it. Overall, Neutrogena cleansers are way too harsh, even if they are labeled for sensitive or acne-prone skin.

I have sensitive dry skin, but lately I have been having severe acne problems after quitting birth control.

This has not dried out or irritated my skin at all, although I am very careful to make sure I moisturize very well after using this product. I have noticed that it is causing my acne to heal faster, though I don't believe it is preventing acne from forming in the first place. I wouldn't expect a face wash to completely solve the acne issue because it is largely a hormonal problem. I'm not a huge fan of the smell and it is a little unusual feeling on the face because it doesn't foam up at all, but dry skin should not have foaming cleansers put on it anyway. Most other traditional acne washes have just irritated my skin more and caused more acne because of how harsh they normally are.

Overall I love this cleanser for the price.

I absolutely love this cleanser. I am on my 3rd tube right now. I have normal-moderately dry skin in the summer, and pretty dry skin in the winter depending on how cold it gets. I tried the foam version of this cleanser first and HATED it. It made me incredibly dry and my skin felt so tight. So, when my mom brought this home for me I put it away and didn't try it at first. Then one day after running out of cleanser I tried it and loved it. My skin always feels clean after using this, but not dry or tight. People with dry skin should always use a cream cleanser, by the way. Also, I have read some of the others reviews and I must say that if you have oily/acne prone skin you 1) shouldn't expect miracles from a cleanser 2) shouldn't use a cream cleanser.
The only issue I have with this is the menthol, just because I know its not beneficial and I'm not sure what the point of it is. Other than that this is the best cleanser I have used on my skin.