Maybelline Shine Sensational Pop Sticks in Fruit Punch 130

Maybelline Shine Sensational Pop Sticks in Fruit Punch 130

3.5

on 9/20/2012 10:27:00 AM

What color is this supposed to be? Coral? It comes up a total, lame coral on me. It's gritty and bottom line is a cheap, cheap lipstick. I don't mind cheap lippies e.g. WnW but this is just trying too hard to be something that is it NOT. Beware, it's not cherry, red, or anything else, it's a cheap coral with grit and horrible consistancy. Pass it by and keep looking for a great l/s, this is not it!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This had been sitting in my makeup collection for the last 6 months and had only swatched it once on my hand. At first impressions it doesn`t give much color, but when you apply at least 3 layers of it on your lips it is magnificent! It`s such a lovely cherry lip stain, smells super yummy.

I prefer this over my Nivea Kiss of Moisture only because it adds a tint. It`s nothing like the Revlon lip butters which to me seem very glossy.

Love This

on 8/12/2012 6:49:00 PM

This is a very unique lip product, it has a clear, jelly like consistency. It's very sheer, but you can build it up to a "just ate a cherry popsicle" stain. It has a nice cherry/fruit punch scent.

on 6/27/2012 7:44:00 PM

These are so cool looking!..But that's about it. Smells kind of plasticy and fruity but honestly just tastes gross. It's like a clear gloss in lipstick form, nothing more. Doesn't seem to leave any color behind and isn't particularly moisturizing, either. The same look could be achieved with a dollar store lipgloss.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I only have one shade of this lipstick and it isn't fruit punch its pink sugar, so this probably isn't a completely fair review, but for me, personally, this lipstick is rubbish. I was drawn to it because the packaging is absolutely beautiful. Its a neon pink case and the lipstick itself is a clear, pale pink colour with loads of glitter in it, bit like the lipstick you used to get with barbie dolls! I thought it was really pretty and so bought it without testing it. Needless to say I wish I had because it doesn't show up whatsoever. There is no colour to it, at all, it doesn't even make my lips a light shade of pink or glittery or anything really! All I can say about it is that its like buying an expensive version of a drugstore lipbalm, which isn't really what I wanted, I wanted a lipstick. 100% for the packaging, 0% For the actual product. Can't see myself buying another one either.

on 3/30/2012 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I love these. I have Fruit Punch, Citrus Slice, and Raspberry Ice. While they are all sheer and require multiple applications to get a color, this on is the darkest by a tad bit. A teeny bit. It's still sheer but pretty. These are essentially clear lipstick. A tinted lip balm. They are extremely moisturizing and I like wearing these in the summer the most. These are great warm-weather lip products and I will repurchase the other shade I don't have and back ups if these are released again.

on 3/26/2012 2:30:00 PM

I just bought this lipstick. I haven't used it really yet, so I can't really say anything about how long it lasts, but I do know that it smells delicious, that the colour is very natural, sheer and cute and that everybody wants to touch and try it, lol. I'll write another review later (:.

EDIT: I've been using this for about 2 months now. I love the colour, it's bright, but sheer. I bought the crystal pink one, 040. It's a quite natural colour. My friend bought the cherry one, 080, which is much deeper and brighter pink than you'd expect! It smells delicious and the 'popstick' looks really cute. I really don't feel this on my lips, it's not sticky. It definitely doesn't dry your lips out, but it's not hydrating either. This isn't really 'glossy', it's not like a lipgloss in stick form. I love it and would definitely recommend it if you like a nice sheer lipstick.

on 1/15/2012 6:48:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I bought this expecting at first more of a tinted lipbalm look, when in fact, this is more of a lip stain! When I first applied this, the color didn't show up on me so I continued applying it over my lips and got only the faintest hint of color. HOWEVER about 1/2 an hour later I look in the mirror, and although the shine is gone my lips had a lovely coraly pink tint to them. It lasted me all through dinner! I LOVE this product. I didn't bother picking up any other colors because they all looked similar and this one suited me so well. Its perfect for a no fuss, summery look. Remember to wait for the color to stain your lips because it doesn't happen right away.

on 10/23/2011 4:51:00 PM

I love these. I wanted the original iced tea product and just did not want to spring for them. So I bought these maybelline knock-offs in: citrus slice, raspberry ice and the fruit punch. Now that it is fall these are on sale for about 3 bucks. There is very little difference in tone between each color but, I do see a slight difference. I would love a brown, a brighter red, and a purple for fall. Nobody bought these in my town but me. what a shame, because I bet a similar thing happened al over the place and sales wise these might have been a dud :(. I think other reviewers worry they will never find these again, either!

on 10/11/2011 9:54:00 PM