Lancôme Le Lipstique - Ideal

No Image

4.7

on 12/2/2018 10:07:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I've been purchasing Lancôme Le Lipstique in Ideal for many years! Now, I buy three at a time, to keep one in my makeup bag, my vanity and one for back-up.
The application glide on is really good. The formulation is sort of waxy, which help the glide across your lips be so easy. The staying power is average, blends well with lipstick or gloss.
The packaging is fair and typical for a pencil with the other tip to supply a lipstick brush. It is made in Germany. Wet & Wild eye and lip pencils used to be made in Germany and they were just as good and probably made from the same manufacturer for Lancôme. Since the revamp of Wet & Wild, their pencils are made in China and the quality is poor.
Ideal shade is more rosy with brown undertone, less orange than MAC Spice lip pencil, lighter than CT Iconic Nude. Perfect contrast to nude lip, or with peach, pink lipstick. You really can't go wrong with this shade. The pencil doesn't dry out or crack.

I go through Ideal fairly quickly and it is almost fair to say that I make my purchases every two months, so Lancôme is making a lot of money from me.

on 9/16/2011 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

OK. This Le Lipstique lip liner was with the latest Lancome "gift" bonus I received. ( I purchased Vissionaire--which I will review in about a month--I need to see if it works before reviewing).
I'm not one for using a lip pencil or lip liner, When I wear lipstick, I line in the lipstick color--so I want you to know where I'm coming from.
I took this out this morning and figured I would use it just to try it out.
Although my lips are naturally very pigmented, and I did use a lip primer first, I kinda thought this would be too dark. I applied with a light touch and then noticed that there was another "cover" on the other end--I had no idea it was a lip brush. I smiled! Anyway, I blended the liner in with the brush so the line would not be harsh..I do not like to see a visible liner line around my mouth. So I brushed the liner in and then applied my favorite color "Jing-a-ling". Jing a ling is a nudey, peachy color that really blended in quite well with this Le Lipstique in "ideal".
Overall, I have to say, I'm really liking this liner. I'm a convert. Actually, even though I'm supposed to be on a no-buy, I will be purchasing this lip liner again in a lighter color. I love the brush--I'm such a sucker for cool items and this liner/color with a built-in brush just tickles my fancy!
I'll have to shell out the 24.50, but I have a $15.00 chit to use for a future purchase as Nordstrom is having their Fall Beauty Event next month, and I purchased a ticket..the price of the ticket being 15.00 off your next purchase..so for 9.50, it's a given.
Sorry to be so long-winded about the price, but hey..it's time to be economical!
Another great product by Lancome!

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is my favorite lipliner! It's waterproof and it doesn't crease or move. It is creamy and applies well. I love this color because it is a great nude brown. I just wear this on it's own but of course you can wear it under lipstick!

Popular Lip Liners