Pai Rosehip BioRegenerate Oil

Pai Rosehip BioRegenerate Oil
Pai Rosehip BioRegenerate OilPai Rosehip BioRegenerate Oil

4.4

CURRENT: rosa canina (rosehip CO2) seed extract*, rosa canina (rosehip CO2) fruit extract*, mixed tocopherols (natural vitamin e), rosmarinus officinalis leaf extract*PRIOR:co2 extracted rosehip fruit oil*, co2 extracted rosehip seed oil*, natural vitamin e*Certified Organic. Soil Association Certified. Suitable for Vegans

So...I've only tried 2 rosehip oils so far...So I will be basing my comparison with The Ordinary's Rosehip Oil.
I've been using this for 6 months now and only halfway through the bottle.
I use retinol, lactic acid & chemical peels almost every night.

Absorption: Now compared to TO, this absorbs WAYYYYYY better! It sinks into the skin nicely & mixes well with creams and lotions. Doesn't feel heavy at all. I also use this under the eyes, and it hasn't caused milia (small oil/fat deposits under the eyes).

Effect: Leaves my skin supple & soft the next morning. It DOES soothe my acne/skin & causes me no irritations. I cannot comment whether it did help any fine lines & wrinkles, but no new ones formed while I was using this.

I will continue to use this because rosehip is a dry oil & nature's retinol. And it hasn't triggered any hormonal acne!

I recommend this for all skin types HOWEVER if you have dry skin this won't be enough for you. Rather go for marula or cacay oil

on 5/2/2018 4:32:00 PM

This has become a Holy Grail for me.

I had pretty high expectations due to the rave reviews and I was afraid those expectations were not going to be met. Those fears were unfounded and baseless tbh.

I have two ways of using this, depending on my skin needs. The first use is applying this every two days (I use a different oil on those days) after using the Pixi Glow Tonic to maximise the reduction of blemishes et all and even after first use I noticed that I woke with calm, clear skin. I don't use more than 3 drops for this, considering Pai recommends using this on a damp face so it spreads easily. I recommend following their advice. I accidentely applied this on a dry face and noticed that you have to work harder to spread the oil across your face.

Sadly, I'm prone to breakouts during the first harsh, warm and sunny days and my skin had the worst breakout of small bumps and red blemishes I had in years. During breakouts, I use this as a continuous treatment and use it every day. This way I feel like the oil can really do some intensive work and I also noticed my skin is calming down and starting to return to normal.

I do have to say the smell is.. a challenge. It's incredibly earthy and not pleasant, but then again you don't want your skincare to smell like a perfume would. So either don't breathe through the nose while applying or just suck it up for a couple of seconds because this is a GEM

on 4/16/2018 4:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I'm in the minority here but I love the smell of this and bought it almost solely because of the scent. I got a very generous sample and the scent grew on me, I didn't love it at first. I have a very sensitive nose and can never stand products that have scent added scent/smell strongly and this doesn't. It smells like warm vanilla to me. The scent fades completely in maybe 30min. I apply this in the evenings after my regular moisturizer.

I have another random brand rosehip oil to compare this to and that one has no scent to speak of and is absorbs much slower - to me the Pai rosehip is a fairly dry oil.

I suffer with chronically flushed cheeks and this oil seems to reduce the redness.

The packaging is good, the dropper works well, but the bottle should be made from dark glass to protect the product from light.d

I use this oil every single night before bed without fail! I could not imagine my night time routine without it anymore. It has also been great for day time use after I had a skin peel which dried my cheeks out considerably – this oil absorbed so quickly and calmed the irritation.

This has quickly become my ‘go to’ holy grail facial product, overtaking the Vanderhoe serum oil, which is great as Pai is a quarter of the price! Incredible value for money at £22 and if you are using it as instructed (2-3 drops applies in the evening) it will last you for months and months. I have been testing this product out for 2 months and have only used a third of the bottle.

Read the rest of my review here : http://www.nancyelza.co.uk/2018/01/pai-rosehip-bioregenerate-oil.html

on 1/1/2018 9:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is in my opinion the best orchestrated single ingredient oil on the market, by far the most efficient rosehip oil with more sterols and carotenoids of all rosehip oils you can find in the market today. Rosehip oils had somewhat of a hype a few years ago when oils and oil blends started to climb the ladder for success in the beauty industry. The use of oils in skincare has of course a loooong history, so in essence they don’t represent anything new. Yet today it is a bit of a novelty in the skincare market and represents something different from silicone heavy creams or hydrating gels and milks... Oil is more concentrated and come in different molecular sizes and also work as great carriers for essential components like vitamins, sterols, peptides with different effects.

The rosehip oil is special since it is a rather active oil, that still also has a very soothing effect on most skintypes. It is regenerating since it is packed with carotenoids and sterols and above all a wide array of essential omega oils, (3,6,7,9) which is quite outstanding since most vegetable oils only provides the omega 6 and 9 which we normally get more than we need of from food and other sources. The omega 3 is more rare in skincare products and more desirable since it is more effective when it comes to regenerating the skin in a more healing and inflammation treating way compared to exfoliating regeneration. The rosehip oil is therefore more of a calming and soothing oil that works to calm down skin irritation, redness and itchiness. A staple for most people suffering from Rosacea.

Rosehip oil comes however in many shapes and forms, and can be used alone or mixed with other oils or creams. If you want more than the calming regeneration of the skin, then perhaps an oil blend would be more your cup of tea. If you are prone to acne or break outs not connected to dryness, then perhaps other oils are better for you. It is not an anti ageing product in the sense it can minimise the look of pores, or affect wrinkles apart from softening the skins features. It can however be a part of an oil blend that can... It has mainly soothing, anti irritation/inflammation, anti redness, regenerating healing effects under its belt.

The Pai rosehip oil is made in a different way compared to most rosehip oils on the market. This since they use a different extraction method where both the seed and the fruit is used when extracting rendering an oil more concentrated than oils extracted in a regular cold pressed way. It also makes the oil more resilient and long lasting rendering a way longer shelf life than the six months written on the bottle. The oil is very stable and keeps its nourishing ingredients way longer than other rosehip variants. It can hold up for several years if stored well in a dark not too warm space.

This however also makes this oil thicker/heavier in consistency which has to be taken into account, since heavier oils can feel as if they sit more on top of the skin making it uncomfortable if you use too much.
Personally I like to mix it with a water based serum, hyaluronic acid or put a few drops into a cream or use it on a bit of a damp skin.
It is great to use as a moisturiser in cold weather, where you do not want to add water to the skin so it won’t freeze on the skin while skiing for instance. For most a nighttime treatment, for extremely dry skintypes it can also be used during the day.

The smell of this is earthy and a bit murky and herbal, but in my opinion not entirely unpleasant. It has a bit of a caramelly scent that comes through the murkyness if you are open minded enough to detect it. But also due to the wide array of essential omega oils, (3,6,7,9) there is also a scent that is reminiscent of fish oils for those who have tried them in fluid form... ;)
But this is not an oil you use for its savoury scent, but for its efficiency.

Are there other rosehip oils that may feel more pleasantly in the skin? Probably any lighter oil in texture. But then you will pretty much only get the effect of the topical feeling on your skin. The Pai will be more effective. But you have to tweak your use of it in accordance with your skin type and your needs.

Does this oil replace the use of sofisticated oil blends like Sunday Riley Juno, or Vintners Daughters, Kypris or Uma blends? No. Not if more long term anti ageing effects is wanted. But it can be superior to those if soothing redness is what you need or calming down irritation or sunburn.

The price is fairly reasonable given its long shelf life and sofistication in extraction compared to other brands.
The bottle is not dark, which some may feel effects the shelf life, but my guess is they choose a see through bottle to show off the auburn color of the richness of the oil and since the oil lasts way longer than the recommended 6 months what you host it in won’t matter... the lid screws tight and holds out air fairly well. When it starts to go rancid the fishy smell will grow stronger which is a good way to know when it’s time to buy a new one or at least stop using the one you have..;)

My favourite way of using this is mixed in something else due to the thickness of the oil or onto freshly serumed face that is slightly damp. My skin is dry enough so I can use it also daytime. But I am in the minority there. Most people blessed with more supple, less dry skin would hate even the idea of that.

In conclusion. If you are looking for a single ingredient organically derived oil to sooth and heal irritated redness prone skin then you need to look no further. This is the quality wise best one you can find.

on 10/8/2017 9:56:00 AM

I am a fan of Trilogy’s rosehip oil and was gifted this product.

It comes in a much deeper orange hue than Trilogy’s one and feels much richer too. The trick to applying this product is really to apply it when your skin is damp and not dry. I lightly mist my face with Avene thermal water and spread 2 drops onto my fingers before tapping it all over my face.

The difference of applying when it’s damp is that the product sinks right into the skin without the oily feeling. It almost feels like you’re applying serum instead of oil with this method. It does come with a scent, but this doesn’t bother me and it does not linger.

I recommend this product as part of your night time regime- unless if you have dry skin, this should suffice to replace your regular night cream.

on 4/4/2017 5:21:00 PM

I really wanted to love this product. First of all, I can barely stand the smell. Secondly, I tried using this product during two different time periods in different ways so I could truly see if it worked for me or not. I had gotten into the face oil regime for about a year, and I had jumped from using cheap moisturizers to fancy face oils from Sunday Riley. I really wanted something natural and I love anything rose. I was OK with something that smelled very organic, but this didn't suit my combo skin. I first used it only in mornings and sparingly (1-2 drops, warmed up in palm and patted onto my face). My face went from being bright and plump from using Korres' rose oil, to being lackluster, visible fine lines everywhere, etc. I stopped after using it for a month. It didn't break me out which was great, so I attempted it again and used it as a heavy night moisturizer, using more drops (also in an attempt to use all the product up) and the same thing happened. My skin just started looking more and more dull the longer I used it. I wish this worked for me, but unfortunately it didn't. It didn't heal any old acne scars, or fresh scars, nor did anything for me. I did read it dehydrates your skin since it's a dry oil, but it never felt dry. Nevertheless, I tried to use it as a serum under my other face oils and it just became too much work.

on 8/28/2016 4:54:00 AM

I had been over-exfoliating my skin and created deep papules that left my forehead full of tiny bumps. I figured out that the exfoliating together with the fruitacid broke the tiny hairs on my face who creates papules.I have dry overskin with oily underneath. I have sensitive skin and have been using MD formulations since I was 14. It is now discontinued in Europe and I have been looking for something new. I have been using the rosehip oil for a month at nighttime. I have also stopped scrubbing my skin and have only splashed water at my skin while cleaning. The results is good and almost all the bumps are gone. In addition to this the oil has evened out my skin tone. When I apply the oil wrinkles and scarring (ever so litle) gets really visible for a second and I think the oil is reducing them. It does stain so take the time to let the oil dry. Nice smell, smells like rosehip tea. I think that it is smart buying the oil directly from pai because it has to be fresh. Also store it in a dark cool place.

This oil is amazing. I was fortunate enough to be given this by a friend who purchased it, but could not get over the smell. It has an earthy, somewhat unappealing odor. I must admit the first time I used it, I was like:. Ugh. Not sure if I can get used to the smell. But I powered through and I am happy to say that the smell no longer is an issue for me, and the results rendered are worth it! My skin has changed for the better in just the past two weeks! It is more clear, softer, brighter, and my makeup is looking amazing! The oil is more of the "drier" side and absorbs quickly and easily. I have been using it day and night. It retails for around $30. A tad pricey, but it is far superior to any other rosehip oil I've ever used. I will gladly purchase when the time comes!

on 7/9/2016 3:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I'm a great fan of face oils and always have a couple in rotation during any season. I love Pai oil because it's not too greasy but it's very effective and I can sandwich it in after serum and before moisturiser and it won't interfere with make up application. At night I use it in the same way or I skip the moisturiser step during the summer month. It's brilliant. I always wake up with rested glowing skin. Definitely repurchasing my second bottle soon.