MAC Cosmetics Mineralize Skinfinish in Crystal Pink (Semi Precious)

No Image

3.5

on 2/17/2012 2:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I wasn't sure about this msf, the center is an odd mix of colors.
I used a small brush in the center and applied as a blush, then used the lighter outside color to highlight and wow! I love it. It gives me a really pretty glow, nothing like anything else I own. I will most likely use this in the summer, it gives my pale face a sun kissed look.
There aren't any glitter chunks, but it is pretty shimmery, if you don't like shimmer it's probably not for you.
Otherwise, I'd recommend it!

on 9/26/2011 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

after being so pleased with the rose quartz msf from the semi precious collection, i was eager to get crystal pink as it was the second prettiest one. the outer ring is a soft champagne colour and the inner ring is a swirl of pink, bronze nand green. the veining in my swirl had loads of bronze glitter which made me dislike this msf. when swatched the colours are beautiful so i originally loved it. but then the broze glitter predominated everything and i really disliked the effect- way to chunky & glittery. if it were more refinded i would definitely have liked it more

on 9/8/2011 9:39:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this a month and i do like it. Its not the best but does the job. Apply a little other wise can look to ashy.

on 7/12/2011 7:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This MSF does not look as pretty in the pan as the others released in the collection. But it is by far the most versatile in terms of a highlighter since it works on various neutral blush colors and also tones down darker blushes.

The outer ring is a champagne pink and compared quite closely with By Candlelight MSF - which was a favourite choice of highlighter among the crowd. It differs only such that it has less of pink compared to By Candlelight. I think most people were expecting an exact dupe and are disappointed. The slight difference does not bother me as on the cheeks, considering the amount we apply as a highlight, it translates pretty darn similar. The middle circle of bronze, green, beige and gold add a lovely lift to the outside ring.

Considering there are two distinct areas of color to choose from, you can use this MSF as a blush as well if you are too fair. And create a custom third color.

Overall, I am really pleased with it. Don't just pass it by because of the way it looks in the pan.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Out of all of the Semi Precious collection MSF's this one is my least favorite. The texture is just awful, perhaps I got a one from a bad batch. The others were smooth and velvety this one was all most dry and slightly gritty. The color turned out to be a champagne based color with light pink-ish nuances. The clay green colored swirling in the center core is quite off putting. I think MAC could have done a much better job creating a beautiful product here esp.with the name Crystal Pink. I envisioned something so much more pretty. The texture is what is killing this product for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Crystal Pink MSF is from the Semi Precious collection that launched July 7, 2011. It has a pale pink champagne outer circle with a melange of white shimmer, pink, bronze, and olive green inner circle (inner circle goes all the way through) . When I swatched it, the outer color looses its pink and just leave the champagne color. The inner circle swatched is a medium gold. I was hoping that this would be a dupe for By Candlelight MSF but this has more shimmer and less pink.