Revlon PhotoReady Powder - Light/Medium

3.3

on 4/17/2016 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I always go for liquid, full coverage foundations to cover my redness and acne. I bought this because I wanted to try a lighter, more natural look, and let my natural skin show through. I applied it with a tapered face brush, and was really happy with it at first. It looked nice, I got the "soft glow" that it advertised, and I was comfortable. The color match wasn't perfect (very cool toned and can make you look pink, ugh), but I was pleasantly surprised. After about 30 minutes, I could feel my face becoming tight and almost dry. This is new to me, since my skin is normally very oily and even the most matte foundations become shiny after sitting on my face for more than an hour. The powder made my skin feel uncomfortable and itchy. I had to leave the house, though, and was didn't have time to take it off. I slapped some moisturizer on to ease it, and left for 5 hours. When I washed my makeup off at home, I discovered that my face's texture was off. While washing it off, I thought the bumps and sand-like feeling on my face was just large particles of the powder clumping and rubbing on my skin. After washing my face 3 times, I realized that all the powder was completely gone, and it was my actual skin that felt like soft sandpaper. This powder gave me such a bad allergic reaction, and it's still hurting a day later. It irritated my skin to the point where I couldn't even put on my gentlest moisturizer on because it would only worsen it. If you have sensitive, acne prone skin, DO NOT buy this product. It will sting, itch, and leave you with tiny little bumps all over your face. I really wanted to like it, but now I'm going to be throwing it out.

on 8/16/2015 1:11:00 PM

I had tried this in the past and felt pretty "meh" about it, but I brought it again because it picks up a lot of powder and is easy to set on my face after I apply lotion and ss.
This claims to be non-shiny, and to "..give a soft glow". Although, there is glitter here it is not an exorbitant amount, so if you have wrinkles be aware of that. Beware that the lightest shade can give you the infamous 'moon face' in pictures. Unfortunately, only 3 shades are offered, so not everyone will find a match. The powder can be layered for extra color though, and it might be worth trying.
This has vitamin E , and good skin identical ingredients with a vehicle to carry them. Due to the packaging though you will most likely get the skin identical ingredients benefits.
This line is confusing to shop as there are some powders in silver rectangular compacts, and others housed in black compacts. They are both labeled "Photo-finish". Yet, I do not know much about how they differ!
The container is taped at the end. When you peel off the tape a sticky residue remains. The mirror is an okay size , and easy to use .The brush is small and scratchy and the powder doesn't stay on it. Furthermore, I did not find the tips on the back very helpful!
Overall, this product was a mixed bag for me. with a larger brush or velour puff it gives me a lot of coverage, and is used to sheer out any excess makeup. The packaging could be better, but I like it.

To Read all 27 Reviews, Login or Join

This is not a very good powder. When I first applied it, I thought it looked good. However, after a few hours my face started to look shiney. It also got cakey which looked really bad.

on 3/17/2014 1:47:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I used to use Marcelle powder, and when I ran out of that I thought I'd try this. Honestly, I was not super impressed. As far as powder goes, this is simply "okay". I find have a pretty light touch when it comes to face makeup, I don't like wearing a lot, but this tends to fill in lines and get a little cakey. It does give a nice touch, once everything settles a little. But it tends to cling to any peach fuzz on your face and cakes on any coverup. I will say one thing though, it did match my fair skin and for the most part, take away any sheen from my forehead oiliness. The brush that comes with it is not great, which isn't too big a deal. However, I found it a struggle to open the case. (I could just be totally inept at opening things, but I am blaming the packaging on this one.) I'll use it for the time being, because I don't want to spend the money on something better and waste what I spent on this. But as soon as it runs out I won't be buying it again.

on 7/29/2013 4:06:00 PM

I actually liked this product when I first bought it because I noticed it gave me light coverage which is something I always look for in my powders. However, after time I realized the powder made my face appear dry & flakey even when I moisturized beforehand. My makeup at the end of the day was always super blotchy & eventually it would settle into my skin making all my little fine lines appear even more noticeable. I only realized it was the photoready powder when I noticed my other powders didn't do this to my skin.

I really like this powder. It goes on smoothly and provides great coverage. However, I seem to have to buy a new one every month and a half- I use it quickly. The brush that it comes with doesn't work very well, so I use my own powder brush with it. This product truly brightens my face and smooths my skin tone out. I use it after I apply my liquid foundation and before I apply my bronzer. I really like it, just wish it would last a bit longer!

on 7/3/2013 7:33:00 AM

The name speaks for itself...I have oily skin so my face usually shine --in an oily way--in photos---But that was before I started using foundation and im really happy that after 2 foundation failures (different brands) I found Revlon Photoready. It is really good in controlling the shine throughout the day, not to mention it gives my face a radiant effect in photos... Im definitely gonna use this product for a while...

I have Revlon Photo Ready powder in 010 fair. I bought this specifically to keep in my purse. Right right before someone takes a photo of me, I quickly dust in on my face to take away any greasiness/shine (as I have acne prone skin.) It looks SO good in photos, it's unbelievable!! It gives you a natural youthful glow, and evens your skin tone, removes any greasiness, brightens your face... WOW! It actually looks better than my Chanel foundation which I realize now is too Matte and looks cakey in photos. I have actually started using Photo Ready as my everyday powder now, and finished with Chanel. It feels so good to discover that I don't need to burn a hole in my wallet on "high-end" cosmetics, and drugstore brands actually work just as good - (if not better, in this case!) I'm going to stock up on this, just in case it's discontinued for some stupid reason. I would be devastated if it was! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this product!!! PS. I have sensitive skin and have never broken out from this product. It feels so light and airy on, and my skin has actually improved since using this instead of chanel on a daily basis.

I use this on my combination skin daily over a foundation or tinted moisturizer, and while it's not amazing, it's not bad. I feel as if it were a loose powder it would be so much better. It requires touch ups (don't use the brush it comes with) and doesn't keep my skin matte all day. Also, the mirror is useless-it's just a tiny rectangle.

On the bright side, it adds great coverage! It's gives that smooth, finished look and works well alone, or over foundation.

on 12/27/2012 9:42:00 PM

This powder is very bad, I have sensitive acne prone skin and it totally broke me out in the course of the two days I was using it. It is very chalky and comes off very easily. I also noticed after i bought it and used it that it had "Talc" as the main ingredient. Which is most likely the reason why I broke out so quickly. Never buying this again.
That's what i get for not reading the label first so this is going into the trash can. Very dissapointed.