Chanel Illusion d'Ombre

4.1

CHECK INDIVIDUAL SHADES

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

When these first hit the market, I was all over them and just loved 'em to bits. But over the years, I've seen other companies come out with products every bit as good or even better (Clarins, Lise Watier) and at lower price points (L'Oreal, Maybelline, in addition to Clarins and LW). So while these were lovely, they really have been "bested" by other companies. It's also disappointing that (a) the brush that comes with these is just ridiculously useless and even worse (b) the packaging can't keep the product from drying out almost to the point of uselessness. I still love Illusoire (the first one I got - as a gift - and the one that hasn't dried out) and force myself to use Ebloui (I had doubts about it even before buying it and should have followed my gut) and Epatant (nice, but there are nicer similar shades). I wouldn't waste my money buying any more of these.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HG status! I have Fantasme (white), Melody (peachy), & Mysterio (silver). They are very shimmery, sparkly, & have a sheen so if u r adverse to that type of thing then avoid. Ironic coz a big part of Chanel's customer base is over 40s & I was always advised to go matte & avoid any frostiness coz I'm pushing 40s. I do not think 40s need to always wear matte! Gotta luv Chanel, they come up w the most unique beautiful colors that do not disappoint. $36 ea. is quite a bit, I could've bought a quad (36 x 3) or a cpl MAC e/s but these R so unique, beautiful & ive never seen any dupes even remotely close. ELF has a cream shadow in "Confetti" which is the closest I've come to Fantasme for $3. Chanel has the most lux feel! & the brush was a thoughtful addition. Chanel got it right! Downtown triple crown!!

Edit: I returned Melody to exchange for getting the Rivoli quad. I didn't think I'd get a ton of use out of it. It didn't show up that much in my skin & im def gonna try some other colors thou!! :)

To Read all 62 Reviews, Login or Join

on 12/26/2015 5:55:00 PM

I love it!!! I bought the color Illusoire. It's smooth, long lasting and it's easy to apply even with the fingertips.

I have this color in New Moon, which I purchased a year ago and thought was limited edition but now I see it on the website? I hope this is permanent bc I LOVE this eyeshadow! I buff it onto my primed lids with a stout little RT brush and am good to go. My favorite way to wear it is in a thin layer--this gives me a sheer & shimmery peach-mauve-beige shade. If I add more layers, the mauve is more dominant. It does have glitter in it but for me, fallout is minimal.

on 7/4/2015 4:47:00 AM

I own Illusiore, Epatant, and Fatal, and I must say i really do live these eyeshadows. I have so many MAC eyeshadows and other palettes but i always go back to these shadows when in doubt. It is a pretty steep price for a single eyeshadow when some palettes are almost the same price, but I'd rather get one eyeshadow I really love rather than a whole palette of colors I never use. I usually wear Illusiore for everyday and i'll layer it with other matte colors and but a color in the crease if I have the time, otherwise i just take my MAC 217 and just blend it out. I have green eyes and it really brings out the green with the slight purple undertone. Epatant is a more going out color, but it is so unique that it can change a whole look. I got Epatant while looking while looking at fantasme the other silver which is really just white. I wanted a silver with a bit of color to it and it sorta has a green undertone. Fatal is sorta reddish and brown, i love this color as well. I just put MAC painterly under and this dont budge at all! These are my go to eyeshadows and are worth the $36!

I have this in the shade 'Mirage'.

The colour is a gold, brown colour but just a pre warning, unless you build the colour up this comes out a lot more sheer than what it looks like in the tub!

I love that I can build with this product and I find this shade completely perfect for creating a smokey eye using this cream shadow and this only!

I apply all over the lid using my finger (I did use the brush provided at first but found that the product rolled up and none actually stuck to the brush in order for me to apply it) then I add a little extra in the crease and outer corners and blend with my MAC 217 blending brush and there you go! Perfect brown/golden smokey eye created in seconds using the same product in the same shade!

I have to say I do find that if I wear this and this alone, it doesn't last too long without a primer (hense the 4 and not 5 lipstick rating) so if I know I'm going to be wearing this for a long time I will use a non coloured primer (my favourites are the Nars Shadow Primer or the original Urban Decay Primer Potion) beforehand and it helps so much with the staying power! I also love that you can use this as a base for powder shadows which I've been doing a lot recently and it works great!

Like I said the colour pay off from one small application is a lot lighter/more sheer than the colour looks in the packaging BUT the colour you see in the pot is easily achievable with layering and blending of the product, which I actually quite like because I feel like I can get use from this in the day time for a subtle look or night time with a heavier make up look! (I don't know if the colour pay off is the same in every shade or just this one)

Beautiful for people with blue eyes but a great colour all round!!

Fabulous easy to use eyeshadow. My favorite is Emervielle. The CHANEL artist showed me how to use it as a shadow base as well as a highlighter. I love the fact that you can layer the colors or if you apply a powder shadow on top it intensifies and holds the color all day. I tried using the black shade as an eyeliner along my upper lashes like the artist did on Anne Hathaway at the Oscars last year and I fell totally in love with the look.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Purchased this eye shadow in Emerveille to use as a highlighter. The container has a generous amount of powder to last months. The color looks prettier on than in the container. I shied away from this shadow because of the amount of shimmer but when persuaded to "try" the color, I was pleasantly surprised. It blends beautifully...almost too beautifully, one needs to be a bit heavy handed to apply the shadow for true color. The creamy, powdery texture doesn't last long, but with any powder shadows, this can be helped with adding water to the texture to bring out the color and wear. For me, the color alone is worth reapplying whenever it fades.

I have it in shade 82 (Emerveille). I love the peachy color, it brings out the green in my eyes. But I did have a problem with its poor lasting power until I tried this trick: I use a wet synthetic flat brush, I pick up some Emerveille and then some (any) powder eyeshadow, and my eye makeup lasts until I remove it hours later without smudging or smearing. It is amazing! Why don't Chanel guys tell you to use it that way from the start? It would save my some disappointment.

on 2/28/2014 6:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

At first I bougt Diorshow fusion mono, which appeares very similar. My disapoitment was undiscribeable.
After that I went to the store and bougt this.
I apsolutley LOVE IT!
Recomend it to everyone.....
Colors are beutiful, it lasts very long, it aplies nicely, it doesnt iritate my eyes and i deeply recomend it.