Chanel Illusion d'Ombre

Chanel Illusion d'Ombre

4.2

CHECK INDIVIDUAL SHADES

on 5/26/2017 7:13:00 PM

Right, so these have been on the market for some time now, although I have heard whispers they might be discontinuing, I hope that is wrong! A great range of colours and I almost always go in for the limited edition colours that come out. I love colours Apparition, an amazing deep shimmery blue and Mirifique a fantastic black, such a staple. Emerveille is a gorgeous taupe pink fabulous for day. Easy to use and great colour pay off. They're somewhere in between a cream and gel in consistency and feel spongy almost, to the touch, then creamy. Really genius and divine. They work just as well with fingers as they do with a brush. The little brush they come with can feel a bit stiff and hard on the eyelid when used flat, but it produces a great line when used on the angle side. Very good staying power, I've never had an issue here and so easy to build up. Great used over matte shadow for highlight, shimmer and effect. The lighter silvery options (colour Mysterio) work super well as a highlighter around the eye area and cheek bones for night time glamour. I have had some get slightly dry over time, just on the top, so you do need to keep the pot tightly closed between use. A little bit fiddly as well handling the pots, going between them as you're working away. If they packaged these differently, they'd get a 5+ probably from me, however they'd still need to find a way to keep the product tightly sealed.

on 2/24/2017 1:24:00 PM

Pros: it has many but I will mention the one that makes this Really "Unique and worth the price tag". Unlike many cream eye shadows this one "Doesn't Dry Out".. yes that is true my sister has it for about 4 years and it is still the same never dried out or lost it's power. And one more thing it is super easy to blend without the need to stertch your eyelids.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HG status! I have Fantasme (white), Melody (peachy), & Mysterio (silver). They are very shimmery, sparkly, & have a sheen so if u r adverse to that type of thing then avoid. Ironic coz a big part of Chanel's customer base is over 40s & I was always advised to go matte & avoid any frostiness coz I'm pushing 40s. I do not think 40s need to always wear matte! Gotta luv Chanel, they come up w the most unique beautiful colors that do not disappoint. $36 ea. is quite a bit, I could've bought a quad (36 x 3) or a cpl MAC e/s but these R so unique, beautiful & ive never seen any dupes even remotely close. ELF has a cream shadow in "Confetti" which is the closest I've come to Fantasme for $3. Chanel has the most lux feel! & the brush was a thoughtful addition. Chanel got it right! Downtown triple crown!!

Edit: I returned Melody to exchange for getting the Rivoli quad. I didn't think I'd get a ton of use out of it. It didn't show up that much in my skin & im def gonna try some other colors thou!! :)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

When these first hit the market, I was all over them and just loved 'em to bits. But over the years, I've seen other companies come out with products every bit as good or even better (Clarins, Lise Watier) and at lower price points (L'Oreal, Maybelline, in addition to Clarins and LW). So while these were lovely, they really have been "bested" by other companies. It's also disappointing that (a) the brush that comes with these is just ridiculously useless and even worse (b) the packaging can't keep the product from drying out almost to the point of uselessness. I still love Illusoire (the first one I got - as a gift - and the one that hasn't dried out) and force myself to use Ebloui (I had doubts about it even before buying it and should have followed my gut) and Epatant (nice, but there are nicer similar shades). I wouldn't waste my money buying any more of these.

This cream pot eyeshadow is very easy to blend. It has a pleasant soft mousse texture and displays pigment evenly for a wash of colour. I have mine in "rouge noir" and the colour is a satin dark brown. It is very beautiful on the lid but has no staying power at all. I used this as a base under other shadows and did not last more than 2 hrs. On its own its the same story. I tried using a cream primer underneath and it lasted a bit longer but if you have oily eyelids you should stay away from these!
PROS:
- Shimmer or satin finish of wash of colour - beautiful
- Elegant packaging
- Nice color range
CONS:
- No staying power
- Expensive

on 12/26/2015 5:55:00 PM

I love it!!! I bought the color Illusoire. It's smooth, long lasting and it's easy to apply even with the fingertips.

I have this color in New Moon, which I purchased a year ago and thought was limited edition but now I see it on the website? I hope this is permanent bc I LOVE this eyeshadow! I buff it onto my primed lids with a stout little RT brush and am good to go. My favorite way to wear it is in a thin layer--this gives me a sheer & shimmery peach-mauve-beige shade. If I add more layers, the mauve is more dominant. It does have glitter in it but for me, fallout is minimal.

on 7/4/2015 4:47:00 AM

I own Illusiore, Epatant, and Fatal, and I must say i really do live these eyeshadows. I have so many MAC eyeshadows and other palettes but i always go back to these shadows when in doubt. It is a pretty steep price for a single eyeshadow when some palettes are almost the same price, but I'd rather get one eyeshadow I really love rather than a whole palette of colors I never use. I usually wear Illusiore for everyday and i'll layer it with other matte colors and but a color in the crease if I have the time, otherwise i just take my MAC 217 and just blend it out. I have green eyes and it really brings out the green with the slight purple undertone. Epatant is a more going out color, but it is so unique that it can change a whole look. I got Epatant while looking while looking at fantasme the other silver which is really just white. I wanted a silver with a bit of color to it and it sorta has a green undertone. Fatal is sorta reddish and brown, i love this color as well. I just put MAC painterly under and this dont budge at all! These are my go to eyeshadows and are worth the $36!

Fabulous easy to use eyeshadow. My favorite is Emervielle. The CHANEL artist showed me how to use it as a shadow base as well as a highlighter. I love the fact that you can layer the colors or if you apply a powder shadow on top it intensifies and holds the color all day. I tried using the black shade as an eyeliner along my upper lashes like the artist did on Anne Hathaway at the Oscars last year and I fell totally in love with the look.

I have this in the shade 'Mirage'.

The colour is a gold, brown colour but just a pre warning, unless you build the colour up this comes out a lot more sheer than what it looks like in the tub!

I love that I can build with this product and I find this shade completely perfect for creating a smokey eye using this cream shadow and this only!

I apply all over the lid using my finger (I did use the brush provided at first but found that the product rolled up and none actually stuck to the brush in order for me to apply it) then I add a little extra in the crease and outer corners and blend with my MAC 217 blending brush and there you go! Perfect brown/golden smokey eye created in seconds using the same product in the same shade!

I have to say I do find that if I wear this and this alone, it doesn't last too long without a primer (hense the 4 and not 5 lipstick rating) so if I know I'm going to be wearing this for a long time I will use a non coloured primer (my favourites are the Nars Shadow Primer or the original Urban Decay Primer Potion) beforehand and it helps so much with the staying power! I also love that you can use this as a base for powder shadows which I've been doing a lot recently and it works great!

Like I said the colour pay off from one small application is a lot lighter/more sheer than the colour looks in the packaging BUT the colour you see in the pot is easily achievable with layering and blending of the product, which I actually quite like because I feel like I can get use from this in the day time for a subtle look or night time with a heavier make up look! (I don't know if the colour pay off is the same in every shade or just this one)

Beautiful for people with blue eyes but a great colour all round!!